Interceptions

Do you think the interceptions will continue? We're these INT's a product of good players executing the game plan and following through on coaching or just an opposing QB having a crappy day who continued to force passes?

I think it's a little of both, but more the Husker secondary than poor QB PLAY. It just seemed and looked liked most of the INT's have several Husker players near the ball, they were positioned correctly.

I'd have to watch each play again to know for sure but we are running a lot more Cover 3 this year and based on how the interceptions happened, I would guess we were in Cover 3 on most of them.

Gives the defenders much more chance to have more guys around the ball and actually looking back toward the QB as the ball is being thrown so they can react to the ball.

Our pass defense is still not that great but I think we have a much better chance of being a decent defense in Cover 3 rather than Quarters.

I was just thinking about that Mav and it was hard to tell from TV when I rewatched it this morning but it did appear that we were running quite a bit of cover 3 and I believe Banker said as much during fall camp. If they keep the turnovers coming we will have a good chance to win some football games this year.

I was just thinking about that Mav and it was hard to tell from TV when I rewatched it this morning but it did appear that we were running quite a bit of cover 3 and I believe Banker said as much during fall camp. If they keep the turnovers coming we will have a good chance to win some football games this year.

I was at the game and you could tell from the alignment that we were running Cover 3 quite a bit. But I don't remember if we were on those specific plays for sure.

But based on how the defenders were usually coming back toward the QB instead of going away from him, I think it's pretty likely we were in Cover 3.

Five interceptions means that the defenders at least are looking for the ball, which is a huge step forward. Also a conference booster, since interceptions last year were slightly less common than miracles.

Good deal. I think Nebraska might have reached the high water mark for the season for a single game performance, but let's watch and see.

Five interceptions means that the defenders at least are looking for the ball, which is a huge step forward. Also a conference booster, since interceptions last year were slightly less common than miracles.

Good deal. I think Nebraska might have reached the high water mark for the season for a single game performance, but let's watch and see.

I bet that happens in the huddle. biggrin1.gif

I'd have to watch each play again to know for sure but we are running a lot more Cover 3 this year and based on how the interceptions happened, I would guess we were in Cover 3 on most of them.

Gives the defenders much more chance to have more guys around the ball and actually looking back toward the QB as the ball is being thrown so they can react to the ball.

Our pass defense is still not that great but I think we have a much better chance of being a decent defense in Cover 3 rather than Quarters.

Looked to me like we ran a mixture of cover 3 and quarters. I suspect the cover 3 confused their QB since he threw 3 picks in 4 consecutive passes at one point. But I think it's the change-up between those coverages that's effective.

• Fire 1

Nebraska tied for 1st nationally in TO margin (tied with tOSU) and in total interceptions. 21st in pass efficiency defense, 21st in scoring defense. Consider the opposition, but consider also that there has been clear improvement in the defensive performance. Hopefully, next week will show that it is not all an illusison

Obviously theres improvement on the back end. Obviously. But a lot of it can also be credited to the qb. Looking at when they took place, mostly late in the game. Being a one score game going to the fourth and feeling like youre in it, only to slip up once, then twice (pass-lateral return to the one), then a little panic sets in the you start forcing some things, resulting in more picks. Couple of them simply shouldntve been thrown to where they were thrown to. A combination of a couple things.