Prime for a blowout

Redux

After that huge feel good win over Oregon in Lincoln we take our team on the road for the first time in 2016. Our opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats that can't help but give us fits regardless of how dumpster firey they are.

After coming into our house and winning for the 2nd time in 3 tries there is no way we take them lightly. This game won't be close. I'm calling for 52-20 final score that sees plenty of mop up duty and Fitzy making constipated faces on the sideline.

We aren't a world beater yet, but we are head and shoulders better than this team and we will see it manifest itself on the field. 4-0 is only a few days away, bookmark it! GBR!

• Fire 2

After that huge feel good win over Oregon in Lincoln we take our team on the road for the first time in 2016. Our opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats that can't help but give us fits regardless of how dumpster firey they are.

After coming into our house and winning for the 2nd time in 3 tries there is no way we take them lightly. This game won't be close. I'm calling for 52-20 final score that sees plenty of mop up duty and Fitzy making constipated faces on the sideline.

We aren't a world beater yet, but we are head and shoulders better than this team and we will see it manifest itself on the field. 4-0 is only a few days away, bookmark it! GBR!

I am with you on that, in a thread earlier in the week I predicted a 38-17 game but I do not even think that it will be that close, I like your prediction! I think that this team will run Northwestern into the ground. :throwdabones1:

In all fairness, I am probably being overly critical of their 1-2 start. But I said in Summer that they go 3-9 this year and don't scare me in the slightest. I'm sticking with that prediction, I think we see them implode this weekend.

Northwestern is an average program. They have a track record of having a 8,9,10 win season, followed by 2-3 seasons of mediocre seasons. They aren't able to get a roster full of great athletes, so they have beat the stronger programs on their schedule by opponent mistakes. That happened last year for Northwestern. This year is a regression to the mean for them.

Our series with NW appears to be one of those where you can throw records out. They always play us tough and visa versa.

Just get the win!

The reason NW gives NU fits is because they are a team that relies on opponent mistakes. NU has been very mistake-prone the past 5 years.

They also do a good job of taking away the run game, and force teams to pass, which can lead to mistakes by NU QB's the past 5 years.

NW defense might be a little stingy. They are only giving up 14 points/game and less than 400 yards/game. Sam M and Jon N on their podcast thought that a "good" offensive performance might be 28 points. And if we only get ~28 points, then a blowout might not be in the cards.

What if we scored 21 on offense, 9 on defense, 7 on special teams? Then our defense keeps them to three field goals.

37-9. I'd call that a blowout, relative to the series.

I feel like this game is gonna be a very unflashy 35-9 type of win. Where the score appears to look like we played well offensively, but i think we're gonna either get a kick/punt return td and/or a def td. With possibly the other putting the offense in severe plus territory. it'll be a game that will probably be like the first 2 where it'll still be in doubt most of the way technically, but never really feel like we're in trouble. We'll be in control from kickoff, and blow it open in the 4th again. This is where we're trending through 3 games. 4 quarter process. And of course, after, the folks who dont watch the games and dont understand will have opinions ranging from "we blew NW out, we're gonna be national champs" all the way down to "man, we couldnt even dominate NW, how we gonna get to 9 wins and save the world?"