Nebraska's Michael Rose-Ivey receives racial backlash for anthem protest

I will know Kapernick and Rose-Ivey are serious when they start boycotting games, instead of playing for face time on the cameras. Then again, that would involve some risk and loss on their part, I don't know if either want to really go there.

Couldn't be more clear that you want them to pay a price.

They don't need to give up football to call attention to an issue. They don't need to give up football to stand in solidarity with their fellow man.

Making these suggestions, those are the tactics of those who wish to silence. Good luck with that.

I've read several articles written by black police officers. They claim there is no prejudice. Until all sides agree there is a problem, it's highly unlikely anything is accomplished.

I believe it isn't prejudice with skin color, I think that many police become so jaded and develop an "us against them" attitude towards "civilians" (which sets me off every time I hear a cop say civilians).

I sat part way through a State Trooper doing a presentation on meth and meth labs, and every word out of his mouth was "losers" "idiots" and "dummies"...talking that way about the same people I see over at the Rescue Mission every week. In a mindset such as this, I think they don't necessarily see a "black loser", "brown loser" or "white loser", just "losers" and all are treated as such. The problem with Black Lives Matter is that they don't see the kid who ended up dead for flashing his lights at a cop who forgot to take his brights off or the two Catholic high school girls shot at 29 times for trying to leave a parking lot before they were caught smoking weed.

AnyhowI got up and left halfway through and complained to higher ups about this trooper. I also told him he doesn't need to blouse his jump boots unless he is planning on jumping out of a C-130 in the near future, since I think the militarization of the police forces adds to these bad attitudes.

I've read several articles written by black police officers. They claim there is no prejudice. Until all sides agree there is a problem, it's highly unlikely anything is accomplished.

I believe it isn't prejudice with skin color, I think that many police become so jaded and develop an "us against them" attitude towards "civilians" (which sets me off every time I hear a cop say civilians).

I sat part way through a State Trooper doing a presentation on meth and meth labs, and every word out of his mouth was "losers" "idiots" and "dummies"...talking that way about the same people I see over at the Rescue Mission every week. In a mindset such as this, I think they don't necessarily see a "black loser", "brown loser" or "white loser", just "losers" and all are treated as such. The problem with Black Lives Matter is that they don't see the kid who ended up dead for flashing his lights at a cop who forgot to take his brights off or the two Catholic high school girls shot at 29 times for trying to leave a parking lot before they were caught smoking weed.

AnyhowI got up and left halfway through and complained to higher ups about this trooper. I also told him he doesn't need to blouse his jump boots unless he is planning on jumping out of a C-130 in the near future, since I think the militarization of the police forces adds to these bad attitudes.

I agree Bow - I'll have to see if I can find it at some point, but I read or listened to something that discussed the racial bias as policeman wasn't all that different whether you were white or black (meaning black police officers have the same/similar bias to white officers). We all have biases - there are some great tools out there to prove it, Ill have to do some digging when I have time.

Couldn't be more clear that you want them to pay a price.

Where do you come up with the theory that anything worth accomplishing should always come without a price? Ever hear the phrase, "Freedom isn't free"?

I'm sorry, but unless you have skin in the game, nobody takes you seriously. For historical reference, see the battles of Lexington and Concord, or the marches in Birmingham.

I want to see someone willing to pay a price for what they believe or it is just theatrics. I don't want to see someone post on Facebook about litter or write a letter to the editor, I want someone to show up on a Saturday morning with a pointy stick and several trash bags. I want Michael Rose-Ivey to go to the police station and talk to the police. I want to see Michael Rose-Ivey go to North Omaha and talk to the young men there. I want to see Michael Rose-Ivey get together with the police and young men together and start a dialogue. That's what I do, that's what I expect from everybody else if they want to be taken seriously.

The only thing kneeling gets is a bunch of pro and con drivel...20 pages so far.

Take the uncle I mentioned. He was less than 15 miles away from two Warsaw Pact Armies, and his unit didn't have a fallback position. Nobody there was going to get the luxury of falling back as a unit, although a few might straggle back as survivors. That's skin in the game. Being willing to stay there and get shot to pieces while a counterattack was forming was the deterrent. That uncle sees Michael Rose-Ivey and people equating five minutes of kneeling with years or serving or months of combat and thinks the world has lost its mind.

The problem with Black Lives Matter is that they don't see the kid who ended up dead for flashing his lights at a cop who forgot to take his brights off or the two Catholic high school girls shot at 29 times for trying to leave a parking lot before they were caught smoking weed.

The six year old white kid shot by two black police officers doesn't count in the Black Lives Matter narrative...because they go ballistic if anyone says "All lives matter".

Yeah, sorry, you're wrong.

http://gokicker.com/2016/07/14/blacklivesmatter-rally-around-dylan-noble-white-teen-killed-police/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zachary-hammond-police-killing_us_55c0e240e4b0c9fdc75dfda3

• Fire 1

Yeah, sorry, you're wrong.

Former presidential candidate was shouted down and booed off of HIS OWN stage for saying "All lives matter."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/martin-omalley-all-lives-matter/

Black Lives Matter Co-Founder: ‘All Lives Matter’ a Racial Slur, ‘White Folks Gotta Give Up Something’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/23/black-lives-matter-co-founder-all-lives-matter-a-racial-slur/

Every Time You Say “All Lives Matter” You Are Being an Accidental Racist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-damiani/every-time-you-say-all-li_1_b_11004780.html

Obama Explains The Problem With ‘All Lives Matter’

"...“I think the reason that the organizers used the phrase “black lives matter” was not because they were suggesting nobody else’s lives matter,” he said. “What they were suggesting was, there is a specific problem that is happening in the African-American community that’s not happening in other communities. And that is a legitimate issue that we’ve got to address.” --Barack Obama

https://thinkprogress.org/obama-explains-the-problem-with-all-lives-matter-780912d54888#.dtnb7120l

So landlord, if you disagree with me, take it up with the founder of Black Lives Matter and your president. Oh, and the Black Lives Matter crowd to which your link pointed is mostly white, so that might be damning to the point you are trying to make.

As for the second link, I think All Lives Matter and I said something when it happened, so that article is disingenuous and discredited. I have been pointing out the disturbing trends in police shootings before Rose-Ivey was born, back in the time of Waco and Ruby Ridge, but I do want to thank him for his kneeling to make me aware that I wasn't really aware.

Bow I think landlord was pointing out that the Black Lives Matter movement cares about police brutality and unlawful deadly force across all races as they have shown in response to police shooting and killing people of other races as well

I pointed out that the President and the co founder of Black Lives Matter disagree with Landlord, they say it is only a black problem. So who do we believe?... :dunno

So if you think police shootings are a problem, what's your skin in the game Bowfin?

Fought with the police chief at City Council meetings over his threats of "over enforcement", I talk to the Government class at CCC-Platte on government / LEO overreach every year, called, written, and e-mailed U.S. and State legislators about the problem, write letters to the editor at various newspapers and got in the face of that State Trooper on his attitude at the employee safety meeting and then talked to his boss (got an @ss chewing from the VP from my company on that one, but those are never fatal :thumbs ) I've been doing this since Waco and Ruby Ridge, which would be close to 25 years.

That being said, shootings are not my A-1 concern as much as keeping people from actually interacting with law enforcement officers in an official capacity, so most of my work is at the local Rescue Mission. I like to try to help prevent the problems and lifestyles before guns are pulled.

So is that as good than kneeling for a couple of minutes, in your opinion?

• Fire 1

Fought with the police chief at City Council meetings over his threats of "over enforcement", I talk to the Government class at CCC-Platte on government / LEO overreach every year, called, written, and e-mailed U.S. and State legislators about the problem, write letters to the editor at various newspapers and got in the face of that State Trooper on his attitude at the employee safety meeting and then talked to his boss (got an @ss chewing from the VP from my company on that one, but those are never fatal :thumbs ) I've been doing this since Waco and Ruby Ridge, which would be close to 25 years.

That being said, shootings are not my A-1 concern as much as keeping people from actually interacting with law enforcement officers in an official capacity, so most of my work is at the local Rescue Mission. I like to try to help prevent the problems and lifestyles before guns are pulled.

So is that as good than kneeling for a couple of minutes, in your opinion?

How much of this is in easily accessible public record that someone who doesn't know you personally can find out all about what you're doing towards a cause you believe in?