Vice Presidential Debate

Even Chris Matthews recognized that Pence wiped the floor with Kaine. The first major decision a Presidential nominee makes is the selection of a Vice President, and it's apparent Trump showed better judgment in his selection than Hillary did. With both candidates being up there in age and with questions about their health, the VPs are more important this year than in other years.

President is a CEO position. Too much going on to micromanage. Its a CEO position where you have to have tge ability to select and delegate. Its been this way for years. I trust Trump-esp with his selection of Pence-and hos outsider mentality and resources to round up the best ppl for the jobs of his advisors. This is what he does. And has made billions successfully doing so. Much more so than Hillary. Trump will be tweeting. Pence and a gang of geniuses will be running the country.

^ Apt.

Good performance, but short on substance.

Pence and a gang of geniuses will be running the country.[/size]

Have you been following his campaign?

yes i have been. And i stand by my "opinions". Trump is not the genius. But i believe he has the power to put the proper ppl in the proper positions.

I have a laundry list of reasons why i will vote Trump. Also have a laundry list why i wish hed shut his damn mouth so my decision makes more sense.

• Fire 1

IMO, Pence is the only reasonable adult involved in this election. I just cannot stand Kaine. I don't care for Hillary or Trump either but Kaine makes me want to punch the TV. What a hyperactive whiny little bitch. Wish somebody would wipe that smirk off his face. He couldn't go 5 seconds without interrupting with a rehearsed talking point, usually one that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. This whole election is the absolute worst ever. I thought I was taking the only reasonable road in supporting Johnson and it turns out he's a flake too. Not sure that guy could name a state capital outside of New Mexico. Pence is the only one worth half a turd in this whole deal. These are supposedly our best and brightest? What did we do to deserve this? A bad f#cking joke is what it is. Makes the storyline of Designated Survivor seem like the best possible outcome.

• Fire 4

What a hyperactive whiny little bitch. Wish somebody would wipe that smirk off his face.[/size]

Is this about policy, or ...

No. How could it be? Policy of any kind is so far off the map this election cycle it isn't even a consideration. PM me if someone involved in this election actually talks about what their plan is to help this country. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

A particularly cogent summary, particularly on matters of reality and fiction. Another very on point criticism here, I think, is that of the moderator's question about debt. Did a bit of a double take when it was phrased the way it was, and I'm glad to see coverage given to that.

But there are some good points: Pence is setting himself up (as well as doctrinaire Republicanism) nicely for 2020, and Kaine was baited into trying to argue facts against an opponent playing for the audience. He was plainly bewildered by Pence's penchant for lying through his teeth, and you wonder how they could not have been more prepared for this possibility.

^ Also, this. On the Twitter feed, immediately afterwards the hosts said something along the lines of "Content aside, ... " BUT CONTENT IS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO ANALYZE.

We often wonder why we don't get higher quality of people into the finalists' ring. Well, maybe we need to look in the mirror and ask why this is all a personality show to us, and not a referendum on pretty clearly stated and documented policy platforms.

In that vein, statements like "when will someone actually talk policy" puzzle me.

Anyway, it was an interesting show. That's all my thoughts for the night.

• Fire 1

Pence has stated in the past that smoking doesn't kill. That's really all the info I need to make up my mind on that guy.

I'll one up you on that:

Relevant bits start at 6:25 and then again at about 8:35.

Re climate change:

"The science is very mixed on climate change."

"In the mainstream media, there is denial about the growing skepticism within the scientific community about climate change."

No, there's really not, in any way, shape, or form. Any argument otherwise is made out of ignorance or for nakedly political reasons.

• Fire 1