Most Overrated Coaching Jobs

Atbone95

Something Ive been thinking of in all this is programs that come with a bunch of perks (resources, talent hot bed, fan support, facilities, etc) also come with a much higher level of expectation, making it harder to be good enough. Wouldnt that make some of the big name programs seen as "overrated"?

Yes.

Does it surprise you that this writer missed that too?

But still, besides that 2012 season has Notre Dame really been a top competitive program in the last 10?15?20? years?

More than us, at least.

yeah they were ranked #5 and in the playoff mix with 1 game left on their schedule last year. This year is blinding some people because their defense was run into the ground by a pro defense coordinator. However, and this pains me because i hate Notre Dame, but their program is in a pretty good spot under Kelly, in my opinion. They have had some really bad breaks with the school kicking players out, and I actually really respect that ND, the school, dictates whats goes down in South Bend and not the football team.

I have to agree with you. When ND was on top a few years back I loved to hate them. But I have to admit they do have pretty high standards. And they mostly back up what they say. Sure, ND is not perfect by any means, but definitely a cut above most good college programs. (Not better than ours, of course. lol) :lol:

But still, besides that 2012 season has Notre Dame really been a top competitive program in the last 10?15?20? years?

More than us, at least.

yeah they were ranked #5 and in the playoff mix with 1 game left on their schedule last year. This year is blinding some people because their defense was run into the ground by a pro defense coordinator. However, and this pains me because i hate Notre Dame, but their program is in a pretty good spot under Kelly, in my opinion. They have had some really bad breaks with the school kicking players out, and I actually really respect that ND, the school, dictates whats goes down in South Bend and not the football team.

USAToday has put out a lot of positive articles out about Nebraska in the past.

That said, the Nebraska coaching job is not overrated. EVERYONE who ever considers coaching here knows of the geographical problem. Nobody ever claims it's the perfect coaching job in the middle of a recruiting hotbed.

This list is more like a "What are some traditional schools who haven't won important things lately, plus we'll throw in Vanderbilt and West Virgina?"

More than us, at least.

I have to agree with you. When ND was on top a few years back I loved to hate them. But I have to admit they do have pretty high standards. And they mostly back up what they say. Sure, ND is not perfect by any means, but definitely a cut above most good college programs. (Not better than ours, of course. lol) :lol:

The real issue should be the clickbait was published by the USA Today while something better was written on Bleacher Report. Dinosaur media is getting desperate as the article was self contradictory.

And I wish ND would lower the academic standards so we could win like Duke and Stanford. :sarcasm

More than us, at least.

USAToday has put out a lot of positive articles out about Nebraska in the past.

That said, the Nebraska coaching job is not overrated. EVERYONE who ever considers coaching here knows of the geographical problem. Nobody ever claims it's the perfect coaching job in the middle of a recruiting hotbed.

This list is more like a "What are some traditional schools who haven't won important things lately, plus we'll throw in Vanderbilt and West Virgina?"

More than us, at least.

The real issue should be the clickbait was published by the USA Today while something better was written on Bleacher Report. Dinosaur media is getting desperate as the article was self contradictory.

And I wish ND would lower the academic standards so we could win like Duke and Stanford. :sarcasm

We're not talking about basketball. Duke's records are stellar for them of late. Stanford went 8-5 two seasons ago (which, again, is more of a stellar Duke record than something fans of a storied program would accept on a regular basis).

Now this is some bullsh#t. Not only did USA Today come out bashing Trump today, they also published this garbage.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/7-most-overrated-jobs-coaches-college-football-notre-dame-penn-state

Did he just call 4 of the most historic college football programs (Nebraska, Notre Dame, Miami, and Penn State) overrated gigs?

I guess it depends on how high you are rating the coaching position at these schools to begin with.

The author couldn't get past the geographical challenges of recruiting to Nebraska apparently.

Something Ive been thinking of in all this is programs that come with a bunch of perks (resources, talent hot bed, fan support, facilities, etc) also come with a much higher level of expectation, making it harder to be good enough. Wouldnt that make some of the big name programs seen as "overrated"?

Take out talent hot bed, and who do you have? The level of expectations around here is just as high as those programs you're talking about, but they do have what we don't with a talent hot bed. Nebraska isn't an easy job. It's probably why we didn't have big names beating down the door when Solich, Clownahan, and Bo were fired. I don't expect Texas, LSU, or USC to have much problem getting a big name this offseason.