***Official Illinois Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I think most of us would have taken 31-16 at halftime.

But yeesh...... maybe not wait so late for such theatrics going forward.

The guys are playing with the "we own the 4th quarter" which is great. I'd much rather them play (and play call on O and D) in the first the same way they game plan the 4th.

We're not going to be able to wear out Wisconsin or Ohio State

Ohio State will be up 5 TDs going into the 4th if we play like that

Yes. They are running like a machine so far.

Week by week. Just win baby!

#RAIDERS!

We need to start scoring 20+ points in the first half like 40 other teams around the country seem to do. Why is this so hard just for our team??

Our defense is on the field forever and our offense occasionally has a bad game, usually when Tommy passes a lot because our runners can't run. The home crowd seems to have a huge influence as well.

​Newby played like a seasoned pro today while many of the others looked like it was their first game.

We actually possessed the ball more this game than any this season so far. We just didn't make much come of it until the 2nd.

You're right ...maybe it's just my perception from all the missed tackles that we'd get eaten alive by a good team. Illinois isn't terrible but I think we should've handled them easily. The first half flat stunk. Maybe we would've had less TOP if we had actually scored once in a while?