Will there be an October Surprise?

http://origin-nyi.thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/298761-what-will-be-octobers-surprise

In this wild election year, who knows what could be in the mix.

The uncontrollable - terror attack, release of 'secret info' by a third party-( Hillary's email, Trump's taxes), sudden economic issues, a Trump or Hillary health crisis

The Controllable - one of the candidates finds a new scoop on the other and capitalizes on it.

At this point, I think Trump needs a big surprise to be able to win. Hillary just needs to hold her cards close to the chest to pull this off and try not to cough during the next

2 debates.

Of course if you can answer the question, there wouldn't be a surprise :o . If there is one, what is your guess on what that surprise might be :dunno

If there is a surprise that could turn the election, I think it would have to be Hillary's health - Even if something came out that was devastating about her health, people may vote for her just so they can have VP Kane as the potential replacement vs having Trump in the WH.

I think most people are settled on Trump in their minds- nothing he can do limit his negatives or impress people wt something positive. He blew it big time last week - in the debate and everything that followed. He was not a 'Winner' in his ability to do something positive.

http://origin-nyi.thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/298761-what-will-be-octobers-surprise

The uncontrollable - terror attack, release of 'secret info' by a third party-( Hillary's email, Trump's taxes), sudden economic issues, a Trump or Hillary health crisis

The Controllable - one of the candidates finds a new scoop on the other and capitalizes on it.

At this point, I think Trump needs a big surprise to be able to win. Hillary just needs to hold her cards close to the chest to pull this off and try not to cough during the next

2 debates.

Of course if you can answer the question, there wouldn't be a surprise :o . If there is one, what is your guess on what that surprise might be :dunno

If there is a surprise that could turn the election, I think it would have to be Hillary's health - Even if something came out that was devastating about her health, people may vote for her just so they can have VP Kane as the potential replacement vs having Trump in the WH.

I think most people are settled on Trump in their minds- nothing he can do limit his negatives or impress people wt something positive. He blew it big time last week - in the debate and everything that followed. He was not a 'Winner' in his ability to do something positive.

So its not this?

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/10/02/wednesday-hillary-clinton-done-reports-julian-assanges-announcement-tuesday-will-finish-396507

Well if the comment sections of Politico and The Hill articles are reliable, Obama is going to declare martial law and call off the 2016 election altogether. So that coupled with a likely 7-0 Nebraska team heading into Wisconsin, and all the Harley Quinn costumes girls will be wearing downtown for Halloween will make for an entertaining October.

I don't think there'll be any personally, but if I was to choose one it'd probably be one of the candidates capitalizing on some bit of new info from the other.

• Fire 1

2 debates.

So its not this?

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/10/02/wednesday-hillary-clinton-done-reports-julian-assanges-announcement-tuesday-will-finish-396507

Solid source Creighton - seriously?

I'm going to put my money on "death by a thousand cuts" for Trump. There will be more coming about his financial status/taxes/business lack of success and he won't be able to control himself and will continue to say things or tweet them that get him in more trouble.

Sad part is, in any other year or election one of these would be enough to take out such a unattractive candidate ... for whatever reason (I blame his hair) he's somewhat Teflon.

I'm going to put my money on "death by a thousand cuts" for Trump. There will be more coming about his financial status/taxes/business lack of success and he won't be able to control himself and will continue to say things or tweet them that get him in more trouble.

Sad part is, in any other year or election one of these would be enough to take out such a unattractive candidate ... for whatever reason (I blame his hair) he's somewhat Teflon.

I can agree wt this. He seems to be imploding in from all directions.

The bold applies to Clinton as well. How we ended up wt these 2 ... :bang

I can agree wt this. He seems to be imploding in from all directions.

The bold applies to Clinton as well. How we ended up wt these 2 ... :bang

Well, the only reason each of them are not absolutely imploding in this election is because the other candidate is so bad.

Thank you early Republican voters in the Primary....You did such a bang up job picking the Republican nominee.

Well, if anything, I think a useful conversation can come out of this about reforms to the primary process or the voting process overall.

He's going to keep the bad press going with this Foundation cease and desist storyline as well.

Question: How much do we think Trump's celebrity status has to do with his success and relative insulation from various gaffes? I think it has a lot to do with a lot of it.

Question: How much do we think Trump's celebrity status has to do with his success and relative insulation from various gaffes? I think it has a lot to do with a lot of it.

I think it's definitely a part. He was a household name before this election. If he was an unknown who just randomly burst on the scene and said the ridiculous things that he has, he probably wouldn't get away with it. Howard Dean let out a visceral scream of excitement and it ended his campaign. Trump said he'd date his own daughter if he could and he's the new GOP standard bearer.

• Fire 2

Well, if anything, I think a useful conversation can come out of this about reforms to the primary process or the voting process overall.

He's going to keep the bad press going with this Foundation cease and desist storyline as well.

The conversation that will be had will be within the Republican Party as they try to figure out how to keep out the outsiders like Trump. Even if they regain control of their party you need not look any further than the Democrats to see how well this control would treat the American people. That party did have its sh#t together and still nominated a candidate that no one wanted. Only way anything changes is if voters get away from these institutions.

The conversation that will be had will be within the Republican Party as they try to figure out how to keep out the outsiders like Trump. Even if they regain control of their party you need not look any further than the Democrats to see how well this control would treat the American people. That party did have its sh#t together and still nominated a candidate that no one wanted. Only way anything changes is if voters get away from these institutions.

You hit on it right there.

The inner management of the party didn't want anything to do with Trump. They didn't go as far as the Dems and rig it against him (at least and be successful with it). The people who need to take the blame for this are the voters in the early to middle states in the primaries. THEY are the mindless voters that thought he was so awesome and gave him the momentum to go through and ultimately win the nomination.

I still have absolutely no idea what these people thought they were voting for. In some ways, it's sad that they were duped so badly by a fraud.

To change things, maybe the Republicans need to completely change how they do their primaries so it doesn't give just a few early states so much power.

The Democrats did not nominate somebody nobody wanted. Hillary is a big name with a wide support base; she lost a close primary the last time the Democrats had a contested one. And while this time around it was closer than you might expect, she didn't win the nomination because nobody wanted her.

Let's move past that storyline.

Trump didn't win because nobody wanted him, either.

The only difference is the comparative power of the establishment. The voter base that Trump marshaled was strong enough to win, even though they had not been heard like this before; the voter base that Hillary reached likewise was strong enough, and more or less resembles every recent Democratic primary result.

• Fire 1