Carl Crawford Nebraska Quarterback

Lord really missed his calling as either a RB or safety. If only Carl Crawford wouldn't have played baseball.

With the mention of Carl Crawford in another thread.....

I didn't want to hijack that thread so I thought I would pose the question to everyone. How does Husker history change in your mind, and change the current path NU is on if Carl Crawford ends up playing football at NU?

Can go lots of ways but I would like serious opinions. I find them interesting.

• Fire 1

Lord isnt the reason Solich was fired. The issues (if you wanna look at field performance exlusively) were beyond the qb position. Lord was a baller

it's like sayin Bubba Starling woulda saved Bo. Jesus. What in the last few years suggests that Starling's presence makes a difference?

So what I'm saying is, one guy doesnt make a different. There were already systemic issues to cause the downfall that was already present.

• Fire 2

I know some folks are touchy about divulging things, but what is the consensus about the "real" reason Solich was fired? I've heard a variety of things including messing around with coeds, boosters wives, coaches wives, impregnating a woman in David City, alcohol problems etc. Perhaps it was a variety. I don't know.

I always thought Pederson just wanted NU to become USC. Flashy and NFL oriented, and Solich just didn't fit that mold.

I know some folks are touchy about divulging things, but what is the consensus about the "real" reason Solich was fired? I've heard a variety of things including messing around with coeds, boosters wives, coaches wives, impregnating a woman in David City, alcohol problems etc. Perhaps it was a variety. I don't know.

I always thought Pederson just wanted NU to become USC. Flashy and NFL oriented, and Solich just didn't fit that mold.

As much as this dead horse has been beaten, all you need to do is a quick search and you should be able to find thread after thread in the archives to answer this question. While I realize this is a bye week, I'm not sure this can of worms needs to be opened during the season.

I think theres few, very very few ppl who know the 100% exact details. Lots of folks have heard a variety of variations. I'm on the boat that says there's just too much smoke to not be some sort of fire there. Probably not the only reason, but definitely help make it an easier one.

As much as this dead horse has been beaten, all you need to do is a quick search and you should be able to find thread after thread in the archives to answer this question. While I realize this is a bye week, I'm not sure this can of worms needs to be opened during the season.

Not trying to open a can of worms, just thought it was a relevant thought given the nature of the thread. And again, I'm aware of all the alleged stuff to have gone on, I just was curious if anyone had any insight as to what was BS and what might have had a little more weight.

Not trying to open a can of worms, just thought it was a relevant thought given the nature of the thread. And again, I'm aware of all the alleged stuff to have gone on, I just was curious if anyone had any insight as to what was BS and what might have had a little more weight.

There is another Husker board that I used to be a member of that had at least one true insider. He didn't post often but when he did, he was never wrong. Sometimes he would drop tidbits of information before things went public. The guy said Solich was fired for issues relating to the football teams on-field performance and for extramarital activities and alcohol issues. (He didn't add any details.)

Take that with a grain of salt if you like but it was my experience that this insider truly was an insider.

The biggest loss to a commit was Blaine Gabbert IMO. I honestly think we would have played in the NC game if he came here...only thing we were missing with that amazing defense in 2009 or 2010. Could also throw in Josh Freeman....thanks Joe Ganz.

Two starting NFL QBs who de-committed within a year of each other.

ERN, the Blaine Gabbert situation would have been hypothetically very interesting in that 2010 season. Hypothetically.

It's funny how we talk about that 2009 Big XII title game about Texas so much, but talk about the 2010 title game so little. We were ahead at half time in that game. We were technically very close to back-to-back conference titles.

That loss to Oklahoma in 2010 still hurts so bad.