What Did We Learn-Bye Week

Flood

I think we discredit Oregon too much. Their season took a huge hit early, but by now they are just unmotivated and lost.

When we played Oregon, though, they were being talked about as potential title contenders--or at least PAC CCG contenders. And they were much more motivated than they currently are.

• Fire 1

People were saying the same thing about MSU in 2012. Then they won the conference and the Rose Bowl, then the Cotton Bowl, then the conference and made the playoff.

The fact that they've been as good as they have been is unfathomably impressive and unlikely. Dantonio is allowed to have a down year once in every 4-5 and still be considered one of the absolute best coaches in all the land.

• Fire 2

I think we discredit Oregon too much. Their season took a huge hit early, but by now they are just unmotivated and lost.

When we played Oregon, though, they were being talked about as potential title contenders--or at least PAC CCG contenders. And they were much more motivated than they currently are.

No they were not being talked about in that way.

Oregon has thrown in the towel on the season. Illinois lost in OT to Purdue (I guess they're not quite as stout without an extra week to prepare against a name brand opponent). Ohio State looked beatable. Indiana looked tough. Bye week sucks.

I also think that Oregon might have quit this year. I wonder if they might can the HC during the season so that they can get in the running for for Tom Herman.

Also, V-Tech made a very nice higher. And brilliant move by Fuentes to keep Bud Foster and great move by Foster to realize sticking around, although possibly a tough choice because he might have wanted the head job, was a great choice for him.

So Dantonio has done excellent things at Michigan St. He's a top 5 coach nationally. So now theyve ran on tough times here this year, replacing a 3 year starting qb. This is not the norm for Dantonio. This overreaction is pretty funny. The last time they were searching for a qb, they went 7-6. 2012. Prior that with Cousins. Since with Cook. This is football.

Who's the idiot that said their offense is a dumpster fire without a qb? Do you watch football? Have you ever played football? Any offense is garbage without a qb. It's 2016.

Dont sleep on Dantonio. I wont believe they dont beat Michigan until it doesnt happen.

Dont discredit Dantonio and 7 years of success because of a tough little stretch.

God help us when we finish 11-2/10-3 this year and take a step back to 7-6/8-5 next cuz we're breaking in a new qb. I swear. Some fans have zero sense of process in sports.

So Dantonio has done excellent things at Michigan St. He's a top 5 coach nationally. So now theyve ran on tough times here this year, replacing a 3 year starting qb. This is not the norm for Dantonio. The last time they were searching for a qb, they went 7-6. 2012. Prior that with Cousins. Since with Cook. This is football.

Who's the idiot that said their offense is a dumpster fire without a qb? Do you watch football? Have you ever played football? Any offense is garbage without a qb. It's 2016.

I think they said "without an NFL QB"

Oregon has thrown in the towel on the season. Illinois lost in OT to Purdue (I guess they're not quite as stout without an extra week to prepare against a name brand opponent). Ohio State looked beatable. Indiana looked tough. Bye week sucks.

I also think that Oregon might have quit this year. I wonder if they might can the HC during the season so that they can get in the running for for Tom Herman.

Also, V-Tech made a very nice higher. And brilliant move by Fuentes to keep Bud Foster and great move by Foster to realize sticking around, although possibly a tough choice because he might have wanted the head job, was a great choice for him.

I'm still shocked Foster didn't give them the finger, he deserved the job. But I'm sure after all this time he loves being at VaTech even if he got passed over.