What Did We Learn-Bye Week

Flood

So Dantonio has done excellent things at Michigan St. He's a top 5 coach nationally. So now theyve ran on tough times here this year, replacing a 3 year starting qb. This is not the norm for Dantonio. The last time they were searching for a qb, they went 7-6. 2012. Prior that with Cousins. Since with Cook. This is football.

Who's the idiot that said their offense is a dumpster fire without a qb? Do you watch football? Have you ever played football? Any offense is garbage without a qb. It's 2016.

I think they said "without an NFL QB"

I guess I missed the part where Connor Cook already had his ticket punched for Canton.

Dont nitpick it. Everyone needs a solid qb. No. You dont need Peyton Manning. But yes. it's safe to say that Mich St has serious issues at qb right now. But that's no reason to discredit what's been accomplished there. Dantonio has more Big 10 titles than Urban meyer in the same time frame.

So Dantonio has done excellent things at Michigan St. He's a top 5 coach nationally. So now theyve ran on tough times here this year, replacing a 3 year starting qb. This is not the norm for Dantonio. The last time they were searching for a qb, they went 7-6. 2012. Prior that with Cousins. Since with Cook. This is football.

Who's the idiot that said their offense is a dumpster fire without a qb? Do you watch football? Have you ever played football? Any offense is garbage without a qb. It's 2016.

I think they said "without an NFL QB"

I guess I missed the part where Connor Cook already had his ticket punched for Canton.

Dont nitpick it. Everyone needs a solid qb. No. You dont need Peyton Manning. But yes. it's safe to say that Mich St has serious issues at qb right now. But that's no reason to discredit what's been accomplished there. Dantonio has more Big 10 titles than Urban meyer in the same time frame.

I think that is all he was saying...

So Dantonio has done excellent things at Michigan St. He's a top 5 coach nationally. So now theyve ran on tough times here this year, replacing a 3 year starting qb. This is not the norm for Dantonio. This overreaction is pretty funny. The last time they were searching for a qb, they went 7-6. 2012. Prior that with Cousins. Since with Cook. This is football.

Dont sleep on Dantonio. I wont believe they dont beat Michigan until it doesnt happen.

Dont discredit Dantonio and 7 years of success because of a tough little stretch.

God help us when we finish 11-2/10-3 this year and take a step back to 7-6/8-5 next cuz we're breaking in a new qb. I swear. Some fans have zero sense of process in sports.

It is not just the offense that is sucking. I think they have 3 problems.

1. The defense is not up to snuff. This is year 2 without NarDuzzi and it shows. You can run the same defense, but when the conductor changes the music can change. They also have a few injuries.

2. They are not getting good QB play and they are not running the ball that well. Their O-line is just not performing like they have in the past.

3. I think they finally have lost that chip on their shoulder and were thinking they may be invincable. I think they will play better going foward that chip will be coming back. They play NW this weekend it should be a good game. If they lose this one things really could get ugly this season.

Irony is that Kelly is under attack for throwing too much in that game.

I mean yeah, Notre Dame's offensive play calling was pretty horrendous and led to something like 49 total yards through their first 12 drives.

It would be ironic if he wasn't being called out for it.

Yeah, if he'd committed to the run, they likely would have won ugly. But would have won.

Instead they did what they are notorious for at least since Weiss was there - pursue "balanced" play selection because that's what the card dictated.

Notre Dame has been often upset by lesser teams because they lacked the fortitude to bear down and run to win.

That our best win is probably Northwestern.

i say the best win so far was Wyoming. they are 4-2 and gave air force their first loss of the season this week.

Oregon is hands down our best win. Not our fault they imploded after that. The team that came to Lincoln was a motivated team that had the tools to win.

According to Sagarin:

50 - Oregon

51 - Northwestern

89 - Illinois

99 - Wyoming

135 - Fresno State

We might be giving Indiana too much credit, I would not be surprised if we beat them like a drum. Indiana has a Tim Beck type play caller, I hope that they try to run outside against us like they did against Ohio State.

I would like to see us beat anyone like a drum. I loved those games, the game in hand, back ups and up and coming underclassmen getting game experience....I don't see that happening much anymore.