Who/What Will Trump Blame?

Some quotes from the video - some paraphrased: Nothing good will happen. The police is on 'our side'. They have to stop voter fraud. Voter machines got to be fixed if the vote is You fight fire wt fire. These people won't play fair. These people have no rules (speaking of the other side). Therefore we won't play by the rules. Hillary is one evil witch. There will not be a nation left if she is elected. We got to do our part - playing fair by the rules ain't going to get it done. Power is at stake. We watch the country go down the tubes. Outside of a major civil war there is nothing we can do - nothing but violence is left. We can march all day long - peaceful marches don't work against these evil people (Clintons and supporters). Either we get it done peacefully wt Trump now and win or .... Bush is one of them. The only way she wins is by rigging the election. She is not ahead. It is obvious that Obama didn't win the 2nd election. He only had a few supporters at rallys. We are waiting for the whole thing to fall. We got to do something now. Now is the time. We cannot wait any longer.

end quotes and paraphrase

This is really scary stuff. Trump is willing to not only take the repub party down with him by his new scorched earth march towards election day (on Nov 28th!!) but he will not address supporters like this who are willing to take down the country for their 'cause'.

I'm also very concern when these types cloak their argument in 'religious' and 'God is on our side' talk. As someone once said, "It isn't whether God is on our side but rather if we are on His side'. I suspect when people claim the 'god mantle' they have no idea what side God is on. As a religious person myself, I cannot pretend to know what God's ultimate plan is for a nation and who is elected to fulfill His ultimate will and plan. But I do know I am to live a 'godly' life regardless if I'm living in freedom or under communism someplace else. To many people speak for God. These types are not that much different than the fundamentalists who lead Islam astray. Listening to this guy and then hearing him say "God Bless You' at the end, gave me chills.

I agree. Scary thing is, I'm beginning to think there are more people like this guy out there than I thought.

• Fire 2

Some quotes from the video - some paraphrased: Nothing good will happen. The police is on 'our side'. They have to stop voter fraud. Voter machines got to be fixed if the vote is You fight fire wt fire. These people won't play fair. These people have no rules (speaking of the other side). Therefore we won't play by the rules. Hillary is one evil witch. There will not be a nation left if she is elected. We got to do our part - playing fair by the rules ain't going to get it done. Power is at stake. We watch the country go down the tubes. Outside of a major civil war there is nothing we can do - nothing but violence is left. We can march all day long - peaceful marches don't work against these evil people (Clintons and supporters). Either we get it done peacefully wt Trump now and win or .... Bush is one of them. The only way she wins is by rigging the election. She is not ahead. It is obvious that Obama didn't win the 2nd election. He only had a few supporters at rallys. We are waiting for the whole thing to fall. We got to do something now. Now is the time. We cannot wait any longer.

end quotes and paraphrase

This is really scary stuff. Trump is willing to not only take the repub party down with him by his new scorched earth march towards election day (on Nov 28th!!) but he will not address supporters like this who are willing to take down the country for their 'cause'.

I'm also very concern when these types cloak their argument in 'religious' and 'God is on our side' talk. As someone once said, "It isn't whether God is on our side but rather if we are on His side'. I suspect when people claim the 'god mantle' they have no idea what side God is on. As a religious person myself, I cannot pretend to know what God's ultimate plan is for a nation and who is elected to fulfill His ultimate will and plan. But I do know I am to live a 'godly' life regardless if I'm living in freedom or under communism someplace else. To many people speak for God. These types are not that much different than the fundamentalists who lead Islam astray. Listening to this guy and then hearing him say "God Bless You' at the end, gave me chills.

I agree. Scary thing is, I'm beginning to think there are more people like this guy out there than I thought.

That's the worst part of Trump's candidacy. It's shown me that there are for more people out there who are racist sexist and stupid than I ever believed there were.

• Fire 2

I think there's quite a bit of hyperbole in this thread.

I predict a practically zero to zero percent chance of incidence of violence if Trump doesn't win. Randos on youtube mean next to nothing.

The ironic part is how incapable Trump is of being self-aware about how big of an impact his words have. His arrogance is probably the biggest factor that fuels this.

Hearing an opinion you hold voiced by someone else legitimizes that opinion. That's what Trump is doing - he's making people feel more confident in their beliefs.

I don't think a lot of those people legitimately think they're bigoted. I think most of them think they're protecting a way of life, or just adhering to reasonable values.

That's why Trump's campaign has been so damaging. These people won't just slink off into the woodwork.

Oh, I think bigotry is probably playing a big role for a lot of the hardcore ones. I don't think that that's all that debatable.

I'm talking about comments like these:

What are we unleashing, here?

Sounds like doomsday talk. I'm just not seeing it happening tangibly.

To be clear, I don't think there's going to be a lot of it. There's been election violence in the United States before. Not in recent history, I believe, but we've been through quite a bit and survived.

But to even go from zero to a scattered handful of incidents, that's a scary deal. And what I'm concerned about is this:

Hearing an opinion you hold voiced by someone else legitimizes that opinion. That's what Trump is doing - he's making people feel more confident in their beliefs.

This isn't some raving Klan member rabble-rousing on the internet, either. It mostly seems like he's a kind neighbor I'd be very friendly with, not having heard these words.

We do know Trump has a significant number of really passionate supporters, and they aren't just little pockets of ultra-crazies. They're being told by the campaign itself that everything is on the line, that this is their last shot, and that they're about to be cheated. The stuff he is saying and the stuff you see in the comments section, it's a lot of self-reinforcing material, much of it stoked by the campaign.

It's quite possible that nothing at all will happen. But I really do wonder what kind of ugly meltdown we'll see when Trump loses -- and refuses to admit a legitimate defeat.

Btw, guys, what's OSB?

I think there's quite a bit of hyperbole in this thread.

I predict a practically zero to zero percent chance of incidence of violence if Trump doesn't win. Randos on youtube mean next to nothing.

The ironic part is how incapable Trump is of being self-aware about how big of an impact his words have. His arrogance is probably the biggest factor that fuels this.

Really??? When people at their campaign rallies are already talking about a revolution after the election?? and chanting "Lock her up"???

We have already seen what happens if someone in their rally doesn't agree with Trump, it turns into violence and Trump himself just makes light of it or eggs it on.

Now...take those same people when they realize their wonderful amazing savior LOST......but.........then goes on stage and gives a speech where he claims he is not going to concede. What happens next?

Btw, guys, what's OSB?

Oriented Strand Board.

It's the plywood stuff that the walls are made of in this guy's living room. I'm sure you've seen it. It looks like it's made out of large chips of wood.

I always called it particle board. I noticed that on the video and was going to mention it but forgot during my rant.

Oh, I think bigotry is probably playing a big role for a lot of the hardcore ones. I don't think that that's all that debatable.

I'm talking about comments like these:

What are we unleashing, here?

Sounds like doomsday talk. I'm just not seeing it happening tangibly.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/pence-has-to-tell-trump-supporter-not-to-talk-about-post-election-revolution

Here's an example of doomsday/revolution talk.

At least Pence shut it down, in spite of the crowd. Probably the one good thing he's done this election. Then again...Pence is right now in damage control mode for his 2020 run, and not really worried about helping Trump win anything at this point.