If the Election was Today

Current Vote  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But I suspect he really is a wild card. Would shake things up.

Explain this rationale to any immigrant friends, hispanic friends, african-american friends, woman friends, impoverished friends, or muslim friends and get back to me with how they feel about the possibility of Trump shaking things up.

It's amazing how every conversation you have in this part of the board always returns to racism or something close to that on some level. It's also amazing that no one thought Donald Trump was a racist or sexual predator until he started running for president and against Hillary Clinton. Hmmmm weird, just saying. People can't come out and say they support Trump without someone jumping on them in here. SMH

• Fire 1

People can't come out and say they support Trump without someone jumping on them in here. SMH

....why do you think that is? Does it have anything to do with him being a racist, sexist, xenophobic, misogynistic demagogue?

That's your opinion, people are entitled to their opinion on Clinton as well, sorry to burst your bubble.

Landlord, this is not directed towards you (individually) but what BRI stated above is pretty spot on with regards to this thread. I have no dog in this fight but it is pretty evident that this thread leans towards the Hillary Camp.

I would rather see how the laws could be changed to keep Obama in office another term than to turn the keys over to either of the candidates we see before us today! (I am all for term limits but would make and exception in this case).

We can agree to disagree, as with all healthy discussions.

But holy hell.....the unfitness of Donald Trump is verging on epic. This is the moment history will revisit and ask "what were they thinking?"

Technically there are two sides to the story. But for all the "lesser of two evils" rationalization, the two sides aren't even close.

• Fire 4

People can't come out and say they support Trump without someone jumping on them in here. SMH

....why do you think that is? Does it have anything to do with him being a racist, sexist, xenophobic, misogynistic demagogue?

That's your opinion, people are entitled to their opinion on Clinton as well, sorry to burst your bubble.

True. However, it would be a pretty boring discussion board if people didn't discuss disagreements in opinions. I don't believe Landlord ever stated that people weren't entitled to have different opinions on Trump and Clinton.

Landlord, this is not directed towards you (individually) but what BRI stated above is pretty spot on with regards to this thread. I have no dog in this fight but it is pretty evident that this thread leans towards the Hillary Camp.

Asking people to defend their choice of Trump -- not simply their distaste for Hillary -- is a civic duty at this point.

This thread isn't the only forum leaning towards the Hillary Camp.

I mean......The Omaha World Herald!

• Fire 3

You're the one shaking your head that people supporting Trump get jumped on. I have no problem with people jumping on Hillary supporters or anyone else, and I never made any claim or hint that people aren't entitled to be critical of Hillary Clinton - so which one of us is closer to allowing differences of opinion?

The way I see it, this thread should lean towards the Hillary Camp, because Hillary Clinton is the better qualified, more even-tempered, sane, rational, experienced, intelligent and capable of the two candidates by a landslide. That doesn't mean I like her or support her. It just means that while our two options might be awful options, they are not equally awful.

• Fire 1

Asking people to defend their choice of Trump -- not simply their distaste for Hillary -- is a civic duty at this point.

This thread isn't the only forum leaning towards the Hillary Camp.

I mean......The Omaha World Herald!

Yep, I truely get it.

Unfortunate situation we as a nation find ourselves in.

Poeple (in general) feel it is their civic duty to vote and I find myself troubled with the fact that I can't bring myself to vote for either or any of the candidates. Each in their own way, has forced me to abstain from considering them. IMO, while many believe the lesser of 2 evils points to Hillary, to others, this may not be the case. From my perspective, its like the old joke "What's that white stuff in the middle of bird poop?"

The answer: More poop!

That is how I see things as they are presently.

You're the one shaking your head that people supporting Trump get jumped on. I have no problem with people jumping on Hillary supporters or anyone else, and I never made any claim or hint that people aren't entitled to be critical of Hillary Clinton - so which one of us is closer to allowing differences of opinion?

The way I see it, this thread should lean towards the Hillary Camp, because Hillary Clinton is the better qualified, more even-tempered, sane, rational, experienced, intelligent and capable of the two candidates by a landslide. That doesn't mean I like her or support her. It just means that while our two options might be awful options, they are not equally awful.

Depends on what side of the argument you're on. To some Hillary is just plain evil as well, that's what you can't wrap your mind around. It's laughable you even remotely consider yourself open to other folks opinions.

• Fire 1

Depends on what side of the argument you're on. To some Hillary is just plain evil as well, that's what you can't wrap your mind around. It's laughable you even remotely consider yourself open to other folks opinions.

I'm entirely open to people having opinions - doesn't mean I'm open to giving them equal weight if they're much more clearly idiotic. Does that really make me any different than any other human?

I understand that people think Hillary is evil. However, I expect to see data back up outrageous claims. There is tons of data available on the condemnations against Donald Trump, including lawsuits, tapes, bankruptcy, etc., but most of the "Hillary is evil" accusations boil down into something along the lines of, "But the emails!", and I'm just waiting to actually hear compelling reason for a serious accusation.

I'm entirely open to people having opinions - doesn't mean I'm open to giving them equal weight if they're much more clearly idiotic. Does that really make me any different than any other human?

I understand that people think Hillary is evil. However, I expect to see data back up outrageous claims. There is tons of data available on the condemnations against Donald Trump, including lawsuits, tapes, bankruptcy, etc., but most of the "Hillary is evil" accusations boil down into something along the lines of, "But the emails!", and I'm just waiting to actually hear compelling reason for a serious accusation.

It doesn't matter if someone brings something tangible to the conversation in reference to her. She's untouchable at this point and her supporters won't listen to any of it. If you bring something to the table they question the source, the angle the person is using against her, simply deny it happened, etc. So eventually it's like............why try? But if the same thing is done by any of the Trump supporters they are called idiots, bigots, etc. What a damn mess................I'm still waiting to wake up from this nightmare. Where are the real candidates?!

• Fire 2

She's untouchable at this point and her supporters won't listen to any of it.

Well personally, I'm not a supporter and I'm just fine reading up on less than flattering cases against Clinton, but it is admittedly very hard to sort out legitimate claims amongst all the noise. If something comes from anywhere other than a readily accepted hyper-right source (Fox News, The Blaze, Breitbart, etc.) I'll pay attention to it.