If the Election was Today

Current Vote  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guy, while I always respect your input, to me, the decision to vote for the lesser of 2 evils in this election, is sorta like someone with a big sledge hammer asking me which toe I would rather get hammered or choosing between a hamburger from Mc D or BK. Bottom line, I would rather pass.

Guy, while I always respect your input, to me, the decision to vote for the lesser of 2 evils in this election, is sorta like someone with a big sledge hammer asking me which toe I would rather get hammered or choosing between a hamburger from Mc D or BK. Bottom line, I would rather pass.

That's what I'm doing as well, and is totally fine. I don't find it prudent for anyone abstaining to explain themselves, or anyone voting for Hillary to explain themselves, as both positions seem easy to understand. Voting for Trump, on the other hand, kind of demands some kind of explanation - some of which I might understand but still vehemently disagree with, but others I find just unbelievably baffling.

Of course Trump would shake up the system. It's just not the type of change anyone should hope for, IMO.

It IS legitimately nuts that after all the vitriol and anger we've seen fed Obama's way during the last eight years, most Americans would take a third term for him in a heartbeat over the candidates on the ballot.

And, not to poke the bear, because you raised some good points, BRI, but people did complain about Trump being racist before this election. He has so many non-disparagement clauses in place, you hear very little of it. But he didn't have one with the DOJ in the 70s when they sued him for racial housing discrimination.

I empathize with you, and Landlord's point about different groups of people as well. Part of the reason I'm so firmly in Clinton's camp because Trump has, through his actions, demonstrated to me that he doesn't care about anyone besides straight white men or people that can do something for him. I legitimately think he would make life worse for those people Landlord listed off. I think that's fundamentally un-American.

Of course Trump would shake up the system. It's just not the type of change anyone should hope for, IMO.

It IS legitimately nuts that after all the vitriol and anger we've seen fed Obama's way during the last eight years, most Americans would take a third term for him in a heartbeat over the candidates on the ballot.

And, not to poke the bear, because you raised some good points, BRI, but people did complain about Trump being racist before this election. He has so many non-disparagement clauses in place, you hear very little of it. But he didn't have one with the DOJ in the 70s when they sued him for racial housing discrimination.

I empathize with you, and Landlord's point about different groups of people as well. Part of the reason I'm so firmly in Clinton's camp because Trump has, through his actions, demonstrated to me that he doesn't care about anyone besides straight white men or people that can do something for him. I legitimately think he would make life worse for those people Landlord listed off. I think that's fundamentally un-American.

I don't think he cares about straight White men, other than that they will give him votes. He only cares about himself and maybe his children.

I'm aware of the lawsuit from the 70's, but what's annoying is liberals and the hardcore supporters of Hillary Clinton will bring up all of that to make him look worse, but if Trump does the same that's water under the bridge and not a big deal. Really??? Because what's good for the goose is good for the gander right? Nope, not in this case. What's fair is fair, they both suck, we all know this, and to act like either one of these people are unicorn fairies that are going to sprinkle goodness wherever they go is simply impossible for me. My issues come from the unfairness in which Trump gets attacked, but not Clinton, she might be qualified to do the job, but that doesn't mean she's not an evil person. You've got a millionaire and a billionaire trying to relate to the middle class and lower class folks, like they have a clue where we're coming from.

Look at LOMS post, people that support Trump need to give an explanation? Uh, no they don't, that's who they support, that's their right, why do they need to explain it to you? I get calls of people stealing Trump signs out of people's yards. Guarantee you that isn't Trump supporters stealing those signs. So I get a huge laugh when people start talking about the violence at his rally's. I've seen plenty of videos of Trump supporters getting assaulted and screamed at as well.

These are the things that are driving the Trump supporters to stick with him.

I'm aware of the lawsuit from the 70's, but what's annoying is liberals and the hardcore supporters of Hillary Clinton will bring up all of that to make him look worse, but if Trump does the same that's water under the bridge and not a big deal. Really??? Because what's good for the goose is good for the gander right? Nope, not in this case. What's fair is fair, they both suck, we all know this, and to act like either one of these people are unicorn fairies that are going to sprinkle goodness wherever they go is simply impossible for me. My issues come from the unfairness in which Trump gets attacked, but not Clinton, she might be qualified to do the job, but that doesn't mean she's not an evil person. You've got a millionaire and a billionaire trying to relate to the middle class and lower class folks, like they have a clue where we're coming from.

Look at LOMS post, people that support Trump need to give an explanation? Uh, no they don't, that's who they support, that's their right, why do they need to explain it to you? I get calls of people stealing Trump signs out of people's yards. Guarantee you that isn't Trump supporters stealing those signs. So I get a huge laugh when people start talking about the violence at his rally's. I've seen plenty of videos of Trump supporters getting assaulted and screamed at as well.

I imagine myself stealing them, but never do :P

It's pretty simple.

One of the two candidates is enthusiastically backed by the Ku Klux Klan, who are extremely excited to be so close to having a President who represents their ideals. The other isn't.

Aren't there pictures out there of Hillary getting a kiss on the cheek from Robert Byrd?! Or is that all fake and photo shopped too?

There are murderers and rapists who will vote for Clinton and murderers and rapists who will vote for Trump. So I don't like the argument that because the KKK supports Trump he's a bad candidate. There are dozens of other reasons he's a bad person and candidate.

As for Clinton/Byrd, Byrd endorsed Obama. He apologized for his idiotic early life. Of course a large part of that may have been for political reasons, but he did it.

IMO neither of these things means a lot.

There are murderers and rapists who will vote for Clinton and murderers and rapists who will vote for Trump. So I don't like the argument that because the KKK supports Trump he's a bad candidate. There are dozens of other reasons he's a bad person and candidate.

As for Clinton/Byrd, Byrd endorsed Obama. He apologized for his idiotic early life. Of course a large part of that may have been for political reasons, but he did it.

IMO neither of these things means a lot.

It does to some people. Why else would it have been brought up?

For what it's worth, it doesn't change my opinion of either candidate.

It's pretty simple.

One of the two candidates is enthusiastically backed by the Ku Klux Klan, who are extremely excited to be so close to having a President who represents their ideals. The other isn't.

Aren't there pictures out there of Hillary getting a kiss on the cheek from Robert Byrd?! Or is that all fake and photo shopped too?

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[22] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[23] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

He created a Klan chapter as a young kid in the 40's, and disavowed it less than a decade later and regretted it over the last 60 years of his life. My point still stands.

• Fire 1

I imagine myself stealing them, but never do :P

I just walk by disappointed. :(

• Fire 1

The only reason hillary is winning this election is because the republican voters nominated the most pathetic candidate known to man. One who is absolutely so unfit to serve that he has to revert to claims of cheating and voter fraud to explain why he is losing.

Hilary is pathetic in her own way and I can't vote for her.

Third party??? I'm more than willing to vote third party but haven't been able to find one that fits my beliefs.

Fact is...there is no beating Hillary now (thanks republican voters).

Conservative voters need to be doing some real soul searching instead of ranting like spoiled two year olds because they lost.

• Fire 1

It's pretty simple.

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[22] In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."[23] Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

He created a Klan chapter as a young kid in the 40's, and disavowed it less than a decade later and regretted it over the last 60 years of his life. My point still stands.

My point still stands as well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Folks, like yourself, would be using that against Trump if the role was flipped. Just because someone endorses someone doesn't mean that person necessarily cares if they endorse them or not. Speaking of disavowed, hasn't Trump said he doesn't want their endorsement before? I would also venture to guess that historically speaking the KKK has probably endorsed the Republican side of things rather than the Democrat side of things.

• Fire 1