If the Election was Today

Current Vote  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what do you want, Takoda?

I want this nightmare of an election to be done with.

I want my kids to have a future, choices, opportunity.

I want fairness in all aspects of life, equality, the freedoms that our consittution has afforded us.

I want a safe environment for all our kids as they grow up and make their own choices.

I want our health services to be such that treatment for illnesses, injury are afforded to all equally, not baseed on $ one has.

I want to feel the pride that used to come with being a US Citizen.

I want there to be a GOD who loves us, as touted in our religious teachings.

I want a fair wage for all who put in a good days work.

I want to feel optimistic with regards to where the human race is heading.

I want war to end everywhere.

I want world famine to be a distant memory.

I want taxes to be fairly assess to all in a way that everyone pays the same share based on their income.

I want honest and ethical leaders who have all our best interest at heart.

Throw in a good ribeye dinner for good measure and this will be a good start.

And this is the problem we're having. The conversation starts with "Trump supporters are being bashed on HuskerBoard" and when explanations are asked for, I get this.

It's very difficult to have a conversation under these terms.

So what do you want, Takoda?

I want this nightmare of an election to be done with.I want my kids to have a future, choices, opportunity.I want fairness in all aspects of life, equality, the freedoms that our consittution has afforded us.I want a safe environment for all our kids as they grow up and make their own choices.I want our health services to be such that treatment for illnesses, injury are afforded to all equally, not baseed on $ one has.I want to feel the pride that used to come with being a US Citizen.I want there to be a GOD who loves us, as touted in our religious teachings.I want a fair wage for all who put in a good days work.I want to feel optimistic with regards to where the human race is heading.I want war to end everywhere.I want world famine to be a distant memory.I want taxes to be fairly assess to all in a way that everyone pays the same share based on their income.I want honest and ethical leaders who have all our best interest at heart.Throw in a good ribeye dinner for good measure and this will be a good start.
And this is the problem we're having. The conversation starts with "Trump supporters are being bashed on HuskerBoard" and when explanations are asked for, I get this.It's very difficult to have a conversation under these terms.
Your comment "Starts with Trump supporters" is flawed as it Relates to me.

This is where this miscommunication and misunderstandings such as that, which drew BRI in, began.

I am not supporting Trump and you asked me what I want?

Which candidate affords me the best option to obtain my list Knapp?

Edit:

Is there anything on my list other than the ribeye dinner that is not what we as a human race, or a citizen of the US should want?

• Fire 1

Takoda, you claim to have read this thread and began responding in support of BRI's position and named me specifically.

Focus. This is the conversation:

I, and most of the alleged "Hillary supporters" here are just giving facts in response to misinformation. For that, we're accused of supporting a candidate we've all, frequently, said we don't support, and are denounced because of it.

I'll just continue to provide facts and truth in the face of this. I can't help what others think of me, unfortunately.

If you're referring to my post then just refer to it and get it over with. Notice I used the terminology "some of her supporters" in my post. Let's not play the victim here, Trump supporters get bashed in here regularly so I feel bad that some of those folks can't voice their opinion on him without people thinking they're crazy. You know as well as I do where there's smoke there's fire with Hillary. All these accusations aren't for ZERO reason like folks try to attest to at times and counteract with articles from CNN.

So don't play victim when people denounce you for supporting Trump. He's the single worst candidate we've seen in our lifetime. You support that candidate, you should expect to get grief.

I've said numerous times over the past few weeks that I don't support him. The problem people think they have the right to harass Trump supporters and they simply don't. It's everyone's right to vote for who they want. I was always in the #neverhillary camp and on the fence on whether I was going to support Trump. I decided a few weeks ago, maybe even less, to say "there has to be someone else out there or I've got no choice, but to not vote"

Who, then are the Trump supporters being harassed?

Who, then are the Trump supporters being harassed?

#facepalm.............just forget it. There are numerous threads in here and there are a few examples here of people saying Trump supporters need to explain themselves. You can look if you like, I'm not going to find all the examples for you. And I'm speaking in generalities across the board, not just the world of huskerboard.com.

You don't even have to post quotes. Just give us the names of the "Trump supporters" who "get bashed in here regularly."

slow clap, super cool, congrats! :thumbs

All I'm asking for are the names of the HuskerBoard Trump supporters who are being "bashed in here regularly."

I honestly don't have a dog in the Trump/Hillary fight anymore. I'm simply saying fair treatment should be fair treatment across the board and Trump supporters shouldn't have to explain themselves if that's who they support. However some folks think they do, which isn't right.

There's some odd quoting and changing of words that I'm not going to get into here, but that's the conversation you, Takoda, were talking about when you said:

Knapp and others, I side with BRI on the issue that on the surface, it appears anytime someone suggest they lean Trump, the quotes and heavy replies to that individual are 10 fold to those who suggest they lean Clinton. Somewhere in this or the General Election thread, someone stated that those who decide to vote and are are still leaning towards the Trump camp, are less intelligent and so forth. While I won't assume this to be true, I can say that this in itself, shows favor towards the Hillary camp (even if using the lesser of two evils status). Also, LOMs, you asking those who are still on the fence to validate the "why", questioning what they perceive or how they can lean Trump, otherwise; "how in the hell can you vote for Trump" places people in a defensive posture, thus, they raise the issues that surround Hillary, that they may feel are just as henous or intolerable (to them).

You know I respect your view points and always have. You mention being called out in this thread as if I was the slighting you or as if what people say here has been offensive to me. I am not, the only reason I brought your name into this is because you were addressing BRI and were an integral part of him defending his stance. I don't care what you say, how you say it nor do I look for you to defend your position. You have every right to feel as you desire to feel. I was simply sharing why BRI may feel as he does.

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible, but there's a lot of static that doesn't belong here.

To recap:

BRI's stance (that you refer to, Takoda) is that Trump supporters are "harassed" and "bashed in here regularly."

I asked for examples, and when those weren't provided I asked for simply names of "Trump supporters" who are "bashed in here regularly."

You responded that you "side with BRI."

I am asking you:

What do you mean when you side with BRI and regarding your reference to the 10:1 ratio of comments?

What do you want to happen here to fix this.

The list you provided is great. It is not responsive to this conversation.

What's been created in this area of the board knapp is a place where anyone who may support Trump really can't come out and say anything about him because the conversation may go south based on what they're reading. That's not worth it to some folks so they just remain silent. You obviously don't believe that, but hey, that's your opinion. You just can't let this go, and I'm not going to spend hours looking for one little post here or there so:

1. There have been several posts that talk poorly of Trump, that's not my problem per se he's deserved some of that, followed by several posts that question how anyone can support him. Obviously not the best situation for a Trump supporter to try and walk into. This is where the sentence, "Trump supporters get bashed in here regularly" comes from. People post negatively about them as supporters on some level. Also where, "people think it's okay to harass Trump supporters" comes from. They post, then have to explain themselves to a bunch of different people, like Takoda is saying.

2. In this thread alone it's been asked for anyone who supports Trump to explain why they support him. I've said they don't need to, if I tell you I'm supporting Trump, I have my reasons. You yourself returned saying I was a Trump supporter, which I'm not at this point. This is one example, there are most likely others. Things like, "I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can support Trump!" Whether folks will accept it or not, there are several folks, me included, that can't figure out how anyone can support Hillary. Hillary supporters don't want to hear that though, they only want that to apply to Trump. I simply don't care why they support her so I'm not going to ask them.

3. There are threads in this part of the board and they are "How to build an exit ramp for Trump supporters" basically talks about how to deal with Trump supporters once Hillary wins. "How half of America Lost it's f*&king mind" basically talks about how anyone can vote for Trump. Granted there are some threads that are titled specifically towards Hillary so I'm not saying how those things are titled are unfair, but the general tone of those threads is different in my opinion, basically anything that paints her with a bad picture is a false statement or the source from where it's coming from is bad. That may not be the way someone else reads it, but as a former Trump supporter that's the way I view it, but I'm sure that's my problem.

You are good at putting words in my mouth so I'm sure something grand is in store, you are also fantastic at reading in to intentions from posts like I mentioned earlier when you assumed I was angry. So do me a favor and read my posts for what they are, leave your word twisting to yourself, and try and understand I'm not going to explain each individual word to you as I don't want to take the time to do it, I've simply got other things to do. I'm not going to explain 1a then 1b then 1c before we ever get to 2. I don't feel like I have to, just like I don't believe Trump supporters need to explain why they support him. I've said my peace on the matter.

• Fire 2

What's been created in this area of the board knapp is a place where anyone who may support Trump really can't come out and say anything about him because the conversation may go south based on what they're reading. That's not worth it to some folks so they just remain silent. You obviously don't believe that, but hey, that's your opinion. You just can't let this go, and I'm not going to spend hours looking for one little post here or there so:

1. There have been several posts that talk poorly of Trump, that's not my problem per se he's deserved some of that, followed by several posts that question how anyone can support him. Obviously not the best situation for a Trump supporter to try and walk into. This is where the sentence, "Trump supporters get bashed in here regularly" comes from. People post negatively about them as supporters on some level. Also where, "people think it's okay to harass Trump supporters" comes from. They post, then have to explain themselves to a bunch of different people, like Takoda is saying.

2. In this thread alone it's been asked for anyone who supports Trump to explain why they support him. I've said they don't need to, if I tell you I'm supporting Trump, I have my reasons. You yourself returned saying I was a Trump supporter, which I'm not at this point. This is one example, there are most likely others. Things like, "I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can support Trump!" Whether folks will accept it or not, there are several folks, me included, that can't figure out how anyone can support Hillary. Hillary supporters don't want to hear that though, they only want that to apply to Trump. I simply don't care why they support her so I'm not going to ask them.

3. There are threads in this part of the board and they are "How to build an exit ramp for Trump supporters" basically talks about how to deal with Trump supporters once Hillary wins. "How half of America Lost it's f*&king mind" basically talks about how anyone can vote for Trump. Granted there are some threads that are titled specifically towards Hillary so I'm not saying how those things are titled are unfair, but the general tone of those threads is different in my opinion, basically anything that paints her with a bad picture is a false statement or the source from where it's coming from is bad. That may not be the way someone else reads it, but as a former Trump supporter that's the way I view it, but I'm sure that's my problem.

You are good at putting words in my mouth so I'm sure something grand is in store, you are also fantastic at reading in to intentions from posts like I mentioned earlier when you assumed I was angry. So do me a favor and read my posts for what they are, leave your word twisting to yourself, and try and understand I'm not going to explain each individual word to you as I don't want to take the time to do it, I've simply got other things to do. I'm not going to explain 1a then 1b then 1c before we ever get to 2. I don't feel like I have to, just like I don't believe Trump supporters need to explain why they support him. I've said my peace on the matter.

This is the main thing that bothers me about this election. It seems that anyone that supports Hillary doesn't want to hear that I feel she is a terrible person. I also feel that Trump is a terrible person. I don't for the life of me see how anyone can look at Hillary and think she would make a great president. The only real reason I hear from most people is that she would be better than Trump. That's not a good reason to vote for someone in my honest opinion.

It seems that anyone that supports Hillary doesn't want to hear that I feel she is a terrible person. I also feel that Trump is a terrible person.

But they are not equal amounts of terrible. That is the point.

Hillary is awful. But Trump is far, far, far, far more terrible from a qualification perspective, a temperament perspective, an experience perspective, a knowledge perspective, a constitutional perspective...pretty much any perspective you can look at in terms of looking at a potential President. And it's not really hearsay - it's documented. Any mud anyone can rightfully sling at Hillary can be slung 5x as much at Trump.

It seems that anyone that supports Hillary doesn't want to hear that I feel she is a terrible person. I also feel that Trump is a terrible person.

Hillary is awful. But Trump is far, far, far, far more terrible from a qualification perspective, a temperament perspective, an experience perspective, a knowledge perspective, a constitutional perspective...pretty much any perspective you can look at in terms of looking at a potential President. And it's not really hearsay - it's documented. Any mud anyone can rightfully sling at Hillary can be slung 5x as much at Trump.

So what you are telling me is that it would be terrible to get punched in the face 50 times, but 10 times is just fine? That makes zero sense to me. You are just justifying what I am saying. The only thing I ever hear from Hillary supporters is that at least she's better than Trump. It gets old.

Don't tell me I twist words when you've done this in this very conversation.

ukgmdkR.png

I've asked, seven or ten times now, for specific examples of who is bashing Trump supporters and where. To this moment I don't even know who the "Trump supporters" that are being "bashed" are.

Maybe we should start there.

Who are the Trump supporters that are being "bashed?"

So what you are telling me is that it would be terrible to get punched in the face 50 times, but 10 times is just fine? That makes zero sense to me. You are just justifying what I am saying. The only thing I ever hear from Hillary supporters is that at least she's better than Trump. It gets old.

He's not saying it's fine. As BRI said, stop twisting his words.

Getting punched 10 times is LESS BAD THAN getting punched 50 times.

Further, LOMS is not a "Hillary supporter." Neither am I. That accusation is false and needs to stop.

He's not saying it's fine. As BRI said, stop twisting his words.

Getting punched 10 times is LESS BAD THAN getting punched 50 times.

Further, LOMS is not a "Hillary supporter." Neither am I. That accusation is false and needs to stop.

The first part that I quoted and put in bold, I never claimed either one of you was a Hillary supporter. The second is OPINION. The part that bothers me is how LOMS states everything as fact and forgets to say that it is just his opinion. It is just my opinion that Trump is a terrible person and it is also my opinion that Hillary is just as terrible as Trump. If you don't share my opinion, then oh well. I'm not twisting anyone's words. Getting punched 10 times is better than getting punched 50 times, but I choose not to get punched at all.

I go away for a few minutes and further development comes herein. I will not name anyone here as I do not want any misconception, and I will relay "just the facts" we are dealing with.

In a nutshell;

Some people feel we have two sh*tty candidates to choose from!

Some people feel one looks less sh*tty than the other!

Some of us feel that one should be ready to defend their choice!

Some of us feel we should not have to defend any choice!

Some people will be fine in accepting less than what they desire!

Some people will not accept less!

Some people may really like Hillary as a candidate!

Some people may really like Trump as a candidate!

Some people have no clue as to why they are going to vote the way they intend too!

Some people have researched enough to get to the point they are at in this election!

Some of us will be happy the day after the vote count is in!

Some of us won't be happy the day after the election!

Some of us wouldn't be happy no matter what the outcome of the election happens to be!

None of us can change what is unfolding before our very eyes in this election process!

I have zero axe to grind, nor do I have a dog in this election. I see things as I see them and there is no fix that will please everyone in this thread, nation or world!

• Fire 3

I think the most telling part of this whole mess of a thread is that people in it support Donald Trump but are not brave enough to come out and say it. At least 7 people have admitted they will vote for Trump in this poll (used to be 8, but someone must have changed their vote).

If you're not willing to stand behind your candidate, maybe it's a good idea not to complain about people who denounce him.

I think the most telling part of this whole mess of a thread is that people in it support Donald Trump but are not brave enough to come out and say it. At least 7 people have admitted they will vote for Trump in this poll (used to be 8, but someone must have changed their vote).

If you're not willing to stand behind your candidate, maybe it's a good idea not to complain about people who denounce him.

I really hope you are not talking about me in this. I absolutely don't support Donald Trump. I don't complain about people denouncing Trump, I just complain about people that say things similar to "Hillary isn't as bad as Trump so that's why you should voter for her".

I'm not saying that you individually said this btw.