If the Election was Today

Current Vote  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Y'all really don't know anyone that holds an opinion that is factually false?

Say...global warming is a hoax? Vaccines cause autism?

Anyways to your last sentence JJ, yes, that is what I was trying to say, but I didn't say it towards the statement that Donald Trump would be a better or worse President. I said it towards the documented evidence of which one makes a worse candidate, in terms of experience, temperament, illegal behavior, racism, sexism, etc. Sure, there's a lot more wiggle room in there than in 2+2=5, but it's not exactly something based entirely, or even mostly, in conjecture either. Trump's moral bankruptcy, racism, sexism, discrimination, narcissism and the like are well documented.

My vote can be put into terms i think this board can understand. We can go with the same old 9-3 seasons by having the same old president. Not really losing but not really winning either. Or we can grab someone from outside the ranks and see what happens. Now wouldnt that be something.

Sports don't matter. Politics do - it's literally life and death.

• Fire 1

My vote can be put into terms i think this board can understand. We can go with the same old 9-3 seasons by having the same old president. Not really losing but not really winning either. Or we can grab someone from outside the ranks and see what happens. Now wouldnt that be something.

In a lot of cases that scenario is okay. Like if we're talking about football coaches whose failure means we have a few bad seasons and then we get a new coach.

In the case of Trump it's more like, we could take a chance on him but it's a strong possibility the stadium will burn down and/or something so awful will happen that the football program gets the death penalty.

• Fire 1

In a lot of cases that scenario is okay. Like if we're talking about football coaches whose failure means we have a few bad seasons and then we get a new coach.

In the case of Trump it's more like, we could take a chance on him but it's a strong possibility the stadium will burn down and/or something so awful will happen that the football program gets the death penalty.

If Eichorst fired Pelini and replaced him with a kindergarten flag football coach from the local YMCA because "hey, we need to change something" Husker fans would throw him through his office window to the parking lot and proceed to burn down his house. Because Husker fans care.

But to be fair, some fans hated Pelini soooo much that they would take the "opinion" :) that Eichorst made a sound decision.

• Fire 3

In this scenario the worst that could happen is we lose a bunch of football games.

In the real world, we could lose our country.

Not really a great analogy.

I'm voting against Trump. There's no way on God's green earth I'd vote for Clinton willingly. She's a carpet-bagger, a career politician and hocked up to her eyeballs to corporate interests. Under Clinton we'll have a Big Brother type government with basic, solid citizens jailed for disagreement. You watch.

The only reason I'm voting for her is that Trump would be worse.

That is the problem with this election. It's not about who's best, it's about who's worse. Not sure how these clowns got this far in the first place.

An uneducated electorate, blind belief that "AMERICA IS #1!!!!!" without any knowledge of how the rest of the world does things, apathy, believing the party you were born into is #1 BABY!!!!!! no matter what they do, the belief that your vote doesn't count, lack of proper education in America's school systems, idiot politicians serving their own interests, greed and an inability or unwillingness by a majority of the population to learn how to think critically or apply critical thinking to their daily lives.

Yep, that pretty well sums it up. :huh: Too much of :koolaid2: by party members wtout critical thinking. Look the Al Smith dinner wasn't necessary funny for the jokes ( a few zingers - the Trump 'pardon' one was good and Hillary had a couple good ones) but it was funny, in a not so funny way, seeing anti-Catholic Hillary on one side of Cardinal Dolan and sleaze bag Trump on the other side. It was a picture of amazing contrasts. The contorted justifications both sides have to make to support the candidate of their choice. Yes, we all have to choose between the 'lessor of 2 evils' and that places all of us in a 'compromising' position. I think that is part of the reason this election season has been so stressful. We all know at our core, we can do better than this and that we are better than this.. I cannot condemn anyone who decides Hillary is the lessor of 2 evils or the person who believes Trump is the lessor. Both have some compelling reasons. And those of us who choose 3rd party know that we are just sending a 'small message' to the parties and that our vote won't mean a whole lot. If ever there was a time for a great 3rd party candidate this was it - unfortunately as time went on Johnson proved not up to the task and Evan McMullen came along a bit to late to be known and vetted and is not available on many ballots.

How is Hillary Clinton "anti-Catholic?"

He's referring to a leaked Podesta email in which a Clinton spokeswoman suggested the Murdochs are Catholic because it's the denomination most compatible with conservatism... presumably, that its easier on the East coast to be Catholic than an Evangelical.

Also, strong Pro-life Catholic church position vs strong not pro-life Hillary position. And I didn't say there was a scandal. Just totally opposite belief systems siting next to each other.

• Fire 1