Our oline needs to improve

Tommy is a good qb, newby and ozigbo are good backs and we have an elite wr Corp. I feel our oline is holding us back from being an elite offense.

Their D was on TA all game like he owed them money. He could barely get set, let alone comfortable in the pocket. Saw too many plays where the OL watched as our RB or receiver got tackled.... They gotta step up.

Improve? or get healthy?

The first quote can silence all "the OL is injured" apologists, I saw it multiple times as well...Pop Warner OL knows how to follow through and not give up on plays...so should ours...

• Fire 1

Knapp provides facts

No one cares. Lol. Good work Knapp. A for effort.

Dang it! I gave him a +1! What more do you want? ;)

I don't think they played great. But I also think we could have helped them out with some different playcalling. We tend to run a lot of slow-developing running plays and seemed to run even more of them today. I think we would have been better served to run more quick-hitting, downhill plays where the line doesn't have to block so long and can just fire off and push people. Also, we seemed to go away from the quicker, easier throws that had been our staple the last three games and were throwing it down the field more which takes more time to develop.

Hopefully BTN has the video uploaded tomorrow so I can go back and grab some screenshots.

• Fire 2

Not as terrible as this post.

LOL, I think you meant to say "your post", meaning mine. As worded, it actually is commenting about itself.

Words, huh? It can be tough to make them work in a way that conveys the correct message, am I right?

Back to the offensive line: Right now, Nebraska can do little more except put their best, patched up version of a line out on the field and keep trying. That effort has been dominating at times and sometimes "good enough"...but "good enough" is good enough, hence the 6-0 record that isn't should be enjoyed by many Cornhusker fans.

Injuries have been hard on the line, but they have fought tooth and nail to give Nebraska's skilled positions a chance to win the game, or in this case, having the defense play a big part in winning. Right now, it doesn't look like Nebraska will get ahead of the injuries, since it seems that they are occurring faster than the healing. That can't be helped.

The good news: The offensive line fought off some pretty good defensive line play. What they do against even better defensive lines coming up will depend on how much their past experiences and further coaching improves them before those meetings. Nothing I or anyone else on this forum will add to or subtract from the upcoming matchups, so why not just hope for the best and be glad this team is 6-0?

With how aggressive their blitzing was, I'm surprised we didn't see more from our screen pass game.

I remember at least once where we tried a screen, and Indy blew it up. Our timing was off, and they got to Tommy too quick.

I saw at least 4 screen plays that just did not work due to blocking, timing, or defense sniffing it out

Not as terrible as this post.

LOL, I think you meant to say "your post", meaning mine. As worded, it actually is commenting about itself.

Words, huh? It can be tough to make them work in a way that conveys the correct message, am I right?

Back to the offensive line: Right now, Nebraska can do little more except put their best, patched up version of a line out on the field and keep trying. That effort has been dominating at times and sometimes "good enough"...but "good enough" is good enough, hence the 6-0 record that isn't should be enjoyed by many Cornhusker fans.

Injuries have been hard on the line, but they have fought tooth and nail to give Nebraska's skilled positions a chance to win the game, or in this case, having the defense play a big part in winning. Right now, it doesn't look like Nebraska will get ahead of the injuries, since it seems that they are occurring faster than the healing. That can't be helped.

The good news: The offensive line fought off some pretty good defensive line play. What they do against even better defensive lines coming up will depend on how much their past experiences and further coaching improves them before those meetings. Nothing I or anyone else on this forum will add to or subtract from the upcoming matchups, so why not just hope for the best and be glad this team is 6-0?

The offensive line still needs to improve to even have a chance against Wisconsin and Ohio state.

• Fire 1