Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

Yeah we have pretty clear evidence Pelini was a raging doucher beyond the sidelines.

It's about whether you're willing to put up with that behaviour regularly, and whether you're willing to have your other employees put up with it regularly.

Even Tom Osborne has admitted Pelini has character issues.

It's not controversial to suggest that's a big part of why he didn't actually have his pick of D1 HC or NFL DC jobs.

• Fire 1

Watching the Iowa game, ferentz just went crazy about a call. Screamed "that's bullsh#t!" directly into the face of a ref.

No one bats an eye.

Point is, it's a big boy game and sideline screaming will not be why a coach isn't hired.

I find it hilarious that some in this thread have spun a "he would listen" rumor into some elaborate discussion of how he wants it but won't get it.

We've all seen coaches going ape sh#t on the sidelines. Happens virtually ever game.

Was Bo Pelini's behavior worse than most?

Yes.

• Fire 1

And then CM why was Bo fired?

Most boosters were through with him, the faculty was done, even some of the other main stream coaches felt he was out of control.

He will not walk the sideline on any major university until he proves he is capable of doing it with class, he has strikes against that at YSU already.

I have many things against Bo, starting on his departure the first time, but I do hope he learns to conduct himself in a manor that will allow him to return to Division 1 football, at a top university. He loves the sport, and has devoted his life to it.

I know exactly why Bo was fired. Same fundamental reason Frank was.

They had personality conflicts with their ADs and they didn't win enough for some.

Of course people will window dress it on other issues, but if either of them had air cover from their ADs or had won another championship, neither is fired.

That's why I find the handwringing amusing and hypocritical.

Now we are back at square 1 with a staff that's been struggling to be really awful teams so far this season.

There were larger underlying issues for Frank. I am sure his bad year had something to do with his dismal, but it was far from "the" reason.

Bo's attitude got him fired, his actions on leaving in 2003 and those this time, show cased his attitude to anyone with authority. His ending of support from his staunchest booster was his end. Like it was for his hiring. Money for him, no more money for him.

I have stated many times I wanted him gone, I never wanted him hired, for any reason. He was not in any way loyal to Nebraska. Never was, after Frank was fired.

As to where we are, really know one knows, but if we happen to lose to Wisconsin, and Ohio State, but don't look like a Pee Wee team doing it. I will be fine with the progress. I do not expect victories in either game, but I do expect to see Nebraska represent in a descent way.. We get curb stomped as we have in the past, I will have some of your concerns. But it takes awhile to build a team. The former staff got 7 years, and never really improved over the second year. This staff has some time in my book.

• Fire 1

Currently we are beaten up badly. I am not on the line that says we have more talent, I think that only matters if each and every starter is at 100%. We are far from that.

The Wisconsin team has players that have been in the system for many years. Ours are learning a new system and new coaches. I know Wisconsin has a new coach, but the system has been there for many years.

Depth on the their Oline, Dline I think is better and has more time within the system.

We supposedly have had more talent than Wisconsin every time we have played them. Riley has lost to them before, but never the curb stompings that we have seen prior.

Playing at their house, considered one of the most hostile in the country. They have played against much stiffer competition and have two very close losses. More battle tested.

I won't be surprised if we win, nor if we lose. I think the Big 10 is very close all around. Ohio State and Michigan a step ahead of everyone else, but maybe not as big of step as some think.

But we need to get by Purdue with an injured QB (Last week was obvious). I never believe this staff or any staff on the condition of a player, and I never believe the player as to the level of his health. We will only know when he takes the field.