Post Election - Chaos, Retrenchment, or Cooperation

Very nice list Vector. I just want to say that I think this amount of money in campaigning for political positions is stupid. Think of how we could better spend this money.

I want to ask a bit of a different question: How do we start to repair Washington? How do we get back to a depolarized environment where compromise isn't a dirty word and our elected officials are more concerned with legislating to help people than taking shots at their opponents at every turn?

I'm just tired of gridlock and I feel like the posturing Republicans are doing in the event of a Clinton win (or vice-versa) don't bode well for this hyper-polarization in DC getting any better any time soon.

Dude, it may take a real crisis to get cooperation to occur like it should. That or some real statesmen need to step up on each side who will place the country before party and special interests. Ideally, it should be led by a humble, servant leader at President. Of course our 2 major candidates don't fit this character trait. They both are too polarizing.

Somehow we got to get the massive $s out of the campaign with limits on spending. Limit initial spending during the 1st few months so we have a level playing field. Some people can buy an election while others cannot make it wtout the donations.

GET READY, SET, GO - What will happen Nov 9th? Chaos, Retrenchment, or Cooperation

Hillary wins in a landslide - thus no issue - cooperation - Trump sneaks away to his new TV show

Hillary wins but barely - Chaos - Trump presents legal challenges in several states; Riots break out.

Hillary wins - Congress goes to Repubs - retrenchment - both sides gear up for investigation battles

Trump wins - Chaos - Liberal cause groups riot in the streets

Trump wins big - doubtful - but if Repubs take Congress than cooperation wt Democratic opposition geared up to fight every move

Trump wins, Dems take the Senate - retrenchment

If Hillary wins, and if she wins a majority in the Senate, we'll have a liberal Supreme Court and challenges to Citizens United until it's overturned. The Republicans will have less traction and will need new, stronger leadership, but won't mount as much of an opposition as they did under Obama. We'll become more of a police state and surveillance of citizens will become more the norm. The economy will sag and we'll fall back into recession in the next two or three years.Unless the Democrats suddenly grow a spine and learn how to govern, not much will change in Washington. The voters will be even more disaffected, and the Republicans will have an excellent chance to retake control of Congress in the mid-terms.I see Hillary as a one-term president, presuming a viable Republican shows up in 2020, maybe even a Clinton-over-Bush type thing.If Trump is elected he'll embarrass America, kowtow to Russia and allow Putin to spread influence over the world, and generally he'll make a mess of everything.

So what happens if Trump gets it?

If Hillary wins, there is every reason to believe the angry electorate will become even more angry. The liberals simply have no capacity for reasonable compromise or cooperation with the result being more and more vitriol and ugliness.

If Trump wins, there will be an initial conservative response and a bunch of basic economic, tax and regulatory reforms will be legislated and of course Obamacare will be repealed and some alternative and somewhat more sensible replacement enacted to attempt to provide some cost containment approach to insuring those who have no other coverage options. After a few months of somewhat tempered mass media reporting, the unending attacks and savaging of Trump and anything not advocated by radical leftists will resume, most likely at unprecedented levels.

This will in turn aggravate the middle and conservative sectors of the poulations.

Sadly, if Hillary wins, the continued decline and ultimate collapse of our country will be accelerated, with realistically another two decades left before the end of the United States of America as such. What will be left will be an economic basket case with massive poverty and political unrest if not outright civil war. Seems rather extreme but, unfortunately, it is a very high probability (90% in my opinion and I have a great deal of political and social science background and about 44 years of careful and close attention to the state of all things America (political, social, economic, etc.).

For too many liberals are simply oblivious to the unquestioned disintegration of our Nation. Like a malignant cancer that is spreading, soon the cancer will be throughout the body with no hope of survival. The probable election of Hillary Clinton is equivalent to the cancer patient making the deliberate choice to decline chemo or radiation or surgery and to simply live or die basically on the basic of luck or some kind of devine intervention. Not a good plan.

Celebrities that will leave the US when Trump is elected:

Lena Dunham

Samuel L. Jackson

Miley Cyrus

Cher

Jon Stewart

Raven Symone

Natasha Lyonne

Omari Hardwick

Spike Lee

Chloë Sevigny

Eddie Griffin

George Lopez

Al Sharpton

Neve Campbell

Rosie O'Donnell

Amy Schumer

Barbara Streisand

Whoopi Goldberg

Chelsea Handler

Mark Cuban

Rachael Madcow

Bryan Cranston

Lena Dunham
Samuel L. Jackson
Miley Cyrus
Cher
Jon Stewart
Raven Symone
Natasha Lyonne
Omari Hardwick
Spike Lee
Chloë Sevigny
Eddie Griffin
George Lopez
Al Sharpton
Neve Campbell
Rosie O'Donnell
Amy Schumer
Barbara Streisand
Whoopi Goldberg
Chelsea Handler
Mark Cuban
Rachael Madcow
Bryan Cranston

I fail to see any negative fallout in any of these actually doing what they said they would.

• Fire 1

Lena Dunham

Samuel L. Jackson

Miley Cyrus

Cher

Jon Stewart

Raven Symone

Natasha Lyonne

Omari Hardwick

Spike Lee

Chloë Sevigny

Eddie Griffin

George Lopez

Al Sharpton

Neve Campbell

Rosie O'Donnell

Amy Schumer

Barbara Streisand

Whoopi Goldberg

Chelsea Handler

Mark Cuban

Rachael Madcow

Bryan Cranston

I fail to see any negative fallout in any of these actually doing what they said they would.
I'd be heartbroken if Bryan Cranston left.

I think the Trump speech last night and the just completed Hillary speech this morning set a good tone. I hope it continues. It will be interesting to hear the comments from Trump and Obama after they meet on Thursday at the WH.

Hillary gave the best speech she has ever given, by far, today. She answered your query quite clearly however as nowhere in her otherwise intelligent sounding remarks did she even mention the idea of actualy working with the majority party to get things done, finally, for the betterment of the nation. In fact, quite to the contrary, she gave a long list of things she urged the audience to keep 'fighting' (she used that term a number of times of course) to make America into the country she and her supporters believe in. This is NOT conciliatory nor cooperative in tone, although it was the least combative speech she has given in a long long time. Thanks to Hillary for that (from someone who vehemently despises her evil and diabolical self).

Too bad but there is virtually no chance the liberals will even work WITH the rest of the country towards positive and meaningful change. She will no longer be any kind of leader and the Democrats will throw Hillary 'the loser' under the bus within about 48 hours. The best news of 2016 is that the Clintons are finally history!

Lena Dunham

Samuel L. Jackson

Miley Cyrus

Cher

Jon Stewart

Raven Symone

Natasha Lyonne

Omari Hardwick

Spike Lee

Chloë Sevigny

Eddie Griffin

George Lopez

Al Sharpton

Neve Campbell

Rosie O'Donnell

Amy Schumer

Barbara Streisand

Whoopi Goldberg

Chelsea Handler

Mark Cuban

Rachael Madcow * Nice

Bryan Cranston

Is this list any different than the list of celebrities that were going to leave when Obama was elected?

• Fire 1

I think the Trump speech last night and the just completed Hillary speech this morning set a good tone. I hope it continues. It will be interesting to hear the comments from Trump and Obama after they meet on Thursday at the WH.

Hillary gave the best speech she has ever given, by far, today. She answered your query quite clearly however as nowhere in her otherwise intelligent sounding remarks did she even mention the idea of actualy working with the majority party to get things done, finally, for the betterment of the nation. In fact, quite to the contrary, she gave a long list of things she urged the audience to keep 'fighting' (she used that term a number of times of course) to make America into the country she and her supporters believe in. This is NOT conciliatory nor cooperative in tone, although it was the least combative speech she has given in a long long time. Thanks to Hillary for that (from someone who vehemently despises her evil and diabolical self).

Too bad but there is virtually no chance the liberals will even work WITH the rest of the country towards positive and meaningful change. She will no longer be any kind of leader and the Democrats will throw Hillary 'the loser' under the bus within about 48 hours. The best news of 2016 is that the Clintons are finally history!

Have they come out yet and explicitly said they will not work with him, and their goal is to make him a one term president? I only remeber one party saying that in my life time and it wasn't the Democrats...

Have they come out yet and explicitly said they will not work with him, and their goal is to make him a one term president? I only remeber one party saying that in my life time and it wasn't the Democrats...

I'll agree maybe on the "not working with" part. But, just about every party after losing a general election comes out and says their goal is to make him a one term President.

How about you stop liberal blaming and just sit around and wait to see what happens like the rest of us? Petty gloating is a sad look.

The GOP is in the driver's seat. Let's see what they do with it.

• Fire 1