Garrison Keillor: Good luck in Nebraska

Read the whole thing. Mr. Keillor is a very good writer, and the final paragraph features Nebraska.

Good luck in Nebraska

This election is winding down, thank heaven, and barring a bombshell backstage video in which Hillary is heard talking about how she loves to stroll into a men's room and let out a whoop and yank the waistbands of men at the urinals and yell "Snuggies!" the outcome is in sight, and finally we'll be done with Nate Silver and Politico and RealClearPolitics and the ranting and raving on YouTube and the borderline psycho posts on Facebook by people we wish we weren't related to, and we can get back to real life.

The bitterness of it has been exhausting. The "issues" were piffle and mishegoss, there was zero illumination, the election was all about hostility. The ugly billionaire nitwit versus the Babylonian anti-Christ. The Trumpites stuck with him despite his hopelessness because his candidacy gave The New York Times fits, and the Hillareans stuck with her because the alternative was him.

So here we are, loathing each other. Too bad, but we are a righteous people and we need to have someone to loathe.

• Fire 3

If Trump is polling two to one in Nebraska, how come he trends just the opposite on a Nebraska football fansite?

Because this site is not a representative sample of the state, clearly.

well....yeah.

I guess I was wondering what created that kind of disparity. I wouldn't have expected it.