Clinton emails

But this is a bombshell 10 days or so before the election.

Maybe wait for the actual emails to come out before declaring it a "bombshell."

Ok I'll qualify the statement: It was a bombshell to me. It totally caught me off guard.... we'll see if it just ends up being only a black cat fire cracker.

Regardless, how do you think the Clinton team should handle/spin this?

Maybe they're from the recipient?

That's the thing that always got me about this investigation. Emails have a delivery point & an end point. Those deleted emails are somewhere else, not just on Hillary's private server.

Maybe they found who the emails were sent TO, and subpoenaed them? But then, why does that come out now after the investigation is closed?

Frankly, I think she should resign the nomination and quit public life. I'd be a lot happier if she did and I never had to hear the name Hillary Clinton again. :D

Oh...so true.

BUUUT....then we end up with the village idiot.

This election is giving me bi-polar disorder.

Frankly, I think she should resign the nomination and quit public life. I'd be a lot happier if she did and I never had to hear the name Hillary Clinton again. :D

:thumbs I am so with you on that one brother. (Trump can show himself to be a good sport, and step aside also. Kind of like in HS basketball. One teams goal breaks during pregame and the other team doesn't do their pre-game drills to keep it even - actually saw this in S.Dak BB) Is it possible for her to step down and any one voting for her - their vote is for Tim Kaine. I'm not sure what would happen if lets say someone died right before the election (not wishing that on anyone) but I wonder what happens in that case.

Is it possible for her to step down and any one voting for her - their vote is for Tim Kaine. I'm not sure what would happen if lets say someone died right before the election (not wishing that on anyone) but I wonder what happens in that case.

The first sentence here goes back to what I was saying about Pence in another thread - Kaine was not vetted by the people in the Primaries and should not be president in that situation.

I'm not sure what happens in the event of your second sentence. Four more years of Obama?

Is it possible for her to step down and any one voting for her - their vote is for Tim Kaine. I'm not sure what would happen if lets say someone died right before the election (not wishing that on anyone) but I wonder what happens in that case.

The first sentence here goes back to what I was saying about Pence in another thread - Kaine was not vetted by the people in the Primaries and should not be president in that situation.

I'm not sure what happens in the event of your second sentence. Four more years of Obama?

True again on the vetting. Maybe Obama & congress say, lets punt for 6 months - each party come up wt new candidates and we'll go at it again. There probably something in the constitution or some obscure regulation that addresses it.

Here is what I found when I googled it

After they were elected

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/09/14/what-happens-if-a-u-s-presidential-candidate-withdraws-or-dies-before-the-election-is-over/

Before the election:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/09/dead_by_election_day.html

I still remember Repubs arguing that somehow Clinton's attachment to Weiner vis a vis Abedin were somehow a disqualifier since he was somehow a liability to national security.

Well, I guess we'll wait and see if that's the case. I still think that's a pretty scummy argument to try and make. Kind of like how Hillary is an abuser of women because Bill.

Boy, if you're a Democrat Party apparatchik, how much do you hate Anthony Weiner right now? :D

Supposedly Hillary had been trying to convince Huma to leave him years ago for personal as well as professional reasons.

For all the people who believe the Clintons kill people who get in their way ... don't you think they would have taken care of him a long time ago?