Trip to Madison

Glad to hear people had good experiences in Madison. Maybe some of the Nebraska niceness towards visiting badgers is being reciprocated. That or they realized being rude toward Nebraska fans just gets a confused reaction. I was baffled how they could have such little respect for the game to drop f-bombs to visiting fans while attending our first game in B1G. It's better if their fans behavior trends more toward ours rather than the other way around.

It was a great first trip to Madison for me. Ran into a few fu husker comments but most of the people were great. We met some friends (Wisconsin fans) and we will stay in touch for upcoming games. Bars were great before the game, after the game was over crowded everywhere we went. We sat on the 45 yardline on the Wisconsin side line about 27 rows up. Great seats and we were surrounded by some of the best fans Wisconsin had to offer. We cheered, they cheered. It was a blast. Noone said anything rude to us during or after the game. I think the boys earned some respect for sure. Will go back to Madison for sure.

Did any of you tailgate or mostly just hit the bars?

We didn't even bother trying to tailgate, just went to bars beforehand. Not even sure where we would of tried.

Anyone have an idea on how many husker fans traveled over Madison? I saw a good chunk of fans before and after the games, and traveling back as well. Just had no idea once we were in the stadium since both teams were the same color.

Just goes back to what a lot of Badger fans have said, the horror stories where a product of the results on the field more than anything. Shocking that when it is a decent game and you can be proud of your team how suddenly Madison is a great place.

I think the loudness, or lack thereof, is because of a few things, mostly the fact that this was our 5th top 10 matchup of the season. Add to that the fact that it was Freakfest and that NU had yet to be even remotely competitive in Madison and you have a recipe for a distracted fan base. This has been an issue at UW for a while. The party comes first and we tend to blow out a lot of overmatched teams at home so if you aren't OSU, Michigan or if UW is a huge underdog, the crowd expects it to be over by Jump Around and the atmosphere isn't overly hyped. Camp Randall has a very high ceiling but on average isn't super crazy. I was a little disappointed myself that there wasn't more buzz in the air, now that NU has shown they can give us a game it should be better in future years.

:mellow:

WISCONSIN ASKS FAN TO REMOVE OFFENSIVE PARTS OF COSTUME

Fan brings effigy of President Obama hung on a noose into Wisconsin game.

12313911_G.jpg

This was very well handled by UW. Their policy was no masks while entering the gates, so the gentleman had the mask hidden when he walked in. As soon as he was in the door, he threw the Obama mask on.

Someone tweeted at UW, and they had security to this gentleman's section before the end of the first quarter. They made him remove the mask but didn't kick him out - they said that while he had a right to free speech, they had a right to have him remove offensive parts of the costume. The official statement is somewhere. Other than the Obama part, the front side of his head is Hillary on a noose caricature style, which I find hilarious.

12313911_G.jpg

This was very well handled by UW. Their policy was no masks while entering the gates, so the gentleman had the mask hidden when he walked in. As soon as he was in the door, he threw the Obama mask on.

Someone tweeted at UW, and they had security to this gentleman's section before the end of the first quarter. They made him remove the mask but didn't kick him out - they said that while he had a right to free speech, they had a right to have him remove offensive parts of the costume. The official statement is somewhere. Other than the Obama part, the front side of his head is Hillary on a noose caricature style, which I find hilarious.

you think hanging white women is funny?

12313911_G.jpg

you think hanging white women is funny?

I think cartoons are funny. Plus, knowing how liberal Madison is, I really enjoyed watching people get upset. Madison was a good time though.