Where is the lockdown secondary?????

When your two top tacklers last night were Nate and Kalu, that's an issue. Nate was in the box all night and there was no adjustment to try and give the other DB's help. JT was like 70% and Burrows was 6-6. Banker and Stewart adjusted nothing to stop the pass. So bad the Kirk and Fowler were commenting that OSU was "working" on their passing game against NU. Working on their game against the #10 team in the country....that's a kick in the nutz.....

JT and most power 5 qb's would tear any team apart with the time he had. He had enough time back there to squeeze and ferment grapes to make wine......

Kind of wondering if the DL was going more of a "stay in your lane - don't let JT scramble" type of thing. Just didn't seem like they were really *trying* to get there. I mean ... I'm not under any illusion that we have a dominant pass rush. But they just seemed to be chicken fighting a lot - no swim moves, no spin moves, not much for stunts. Pretty vanilla.

As far as the DBs go, I've been saying for several weeks that we play pretty soft and a better team would exploit some easy throws underneath. At one point ABC had the graphic up that JT was about 22/30 on throws under 15 yards downfield and "only" 1/4 on deep balls - though the 1 was a 75 yards TD. So tOSU was content to throw underneath a lot and keep the chains moving and wait for something big to break. Even on one play where they were on about the 2 yard line AWill was playing 10 yards off - yep, he was 8 yards deep in the end zone. Easy TD.

When have we ever had lockdown corners?

Dennard and Amukamara?

Haag and Gomes....

I'm not sure I would these guys "True Lockdown" corners. Yes they had/have NFL talent, but you also have to look at the D-Line they played with.

When it came their way, they were on lock... granted the line was key, but there was ability at corner when they were here and I always had that "I dare them to throw on us" mentality.