Need a D-line

Ross Dzuris isn't very good. What the hell was he doing trying to get to a ball carrier by vacating his spot going behind the DLine instead of going DOWN the line. I mean I'm a firm believer in staying home anyway but I've never seen someone back up like that in "pursuit"

Jeebus if that's what NU has to resort to in terms of tech then they are farther behind in talent then we all thought.

Ross Dzuris isn't very good. What the hell was he doing trying to get to a ball carrier by vacating his spot going behind the DLine instead of going DOWN the line. I mean I'm a firm believer in staying home anyway but I've never seen someone back up like that in "pursuit"

Jeebus if that's what NU has to resort to in terms of tech then they are farther behind in talent then we all thought.

He's a walk-on after all. A few of us have said we are behind on talent and it really shows up when we play teams who rank highly in the recruiting battles year after year. tOSU is better than us at every single position. They're bigger and faster. Recruiting has to be upgraded for us to get back to where we want to be.

Coming into the season, we knew we would struggle on the defensive line. We knew 2 guys left early for the NFL. We knew we didn't really have a true DE. It's not a shock. We have kids on the interior line who are getting experience. We need some true DE's who can get pressure on the QB.

As for the offense, the line is banged up and cannot function against elite teams. Heck, they've struggled the last few weeks against lesser teams. Tommy is Tommy. He's got a big heart, but he's not a talented QB. The guy just zeroes in on his first progression and throws the ball into traffic. Four years in he has bad fundamentals with his footwork and pass progressions. Can't blame the coaches for that. After four years you have to put the blame on the QB. He refuses to learn.

We're in the second tier of B1G teams. It's an improvement over last year. A few good recruiting classes and it'll improve. But we have to be patient. We're going to start a new QB next season. We're losing a pretty good safety. It'll be interesting.

• Fire 4

He's a walk-on after all. A few of us have said we are behind on talent and it really shows up when we play teams who rank highly in the recruiting battles year after year. tOSU is better than us at every single position. They're bigger and faster. Recruiting has to be upgraded for us to get back to where we want to be.

Coming into the season, we knew we would struggle on the defensive line. We knew 2 guys left early for the NFL. We knew we didn't really have a true DE. It's not a shock. We have kids on the interior line who are getting experience. We need some true DE's who can get pressure on the QB.

As for the offense, the line is banged up and cannot function against elite teams. Heck, they've struggled the last few weeks against lesser teams. Tommy is Tommy. He's got a big heart, but he's not a talented QB. The guy just zeroes in on his first progression and throws the ball into traffic. Four years in he has bad fundamentals with his footwork and pass progressions. Can't blame the coaches for that. After four years you have to put the blame on the QB. He refuses to learn.

We're in the second tier of B1G teams. It's an improvement over last year. A few good recruiting classes and it'll improve. But we have to be patient. We're going to start a new QB next season. We're losing a pretty good safety. It'll be interesting.

Well said..

I don't think so. We know what we have in an overachieving D line, and we gave them zero support tonight. This loss isn't on them. They performed at the same level they have all year. They were getting into the backfield enough. Look to your LBs and DBs who need to be making tackles and covering recievers.