Who Would Have Thought (Broken Chair Appreciation Thread)

Who would have thought, going into next Saturday's game, that the Gophers and the Huskers would have so much in common?

In the last three years, Minnesota has won two meetings and Nebraska has won one. The teams are currently tied (along with Wisconsin) for first place in the Big Ten West, with idential 7-2 (4-2) records. Nebraska's best win came against Wyoming, while Minnesota's best win came against Colorado State. Nebraska's defense has given up 209 points so far this year, and Minnesota's defense has given up 208.

One of these two teams is going to get a big win this week. Someone is going to hoist the Broken Chair. Who will it be?

• Fire 1

They control their own destiny. Still have Wisconsin to end the year. Very hungry bunch comin to the LNK saturday. Put the big boy pants on. Wont be for the faint of heart.

Put 9 in the box and play with a chip on our shoulder and play hard. We need to play with some anger, but also play with some pride for the season. With or without Tommy, I believe we beat them similar to last year. It will be close in the first half, but we will run over them in the second half, especially the fourth quarter.

They control their own destiny. Still have Wisconsin to end the year. Very hungry bunch comin to the LNK saturday. Put the big boy pants on. Wont be for the faint of heart.

Put 9 in the box and play with a chip on our shoulder and play hard. We need to play with some anger, but also play with some pride for the season. With or without Tommy, I believe we beat them similar to last year. It will be close in the first half, but we will run over them in the second half, especially the fourth quarter.

I like Benning's thought. The Ohio St game will probably be a much easier game to shake than the wisconsin game.

I like Benning's thought. The Ohio St game will probably be a much easier game to shake than the wisconsin game.

I hope you're right...but it's only going to happen if our coaches scheme for this.