Preseason Ranking #16

Thats exactly where we want to be. We have enough room to climb and "sneak" up on people. But we also are not too far down that we couldn't climb all the way to the top.

We will be lucky to be a top 25 team imo.

where is your father-in-law's team ranked??????

you know who i'm talking about......the guy that got drugged

They are on the rise. Watch out for them in a couple years.

I wouldn't say 'rise'. After Frank has them all sloshed during games and practices, I'd say they'll be going in circles, falling down, and then over to the sidelines to puke on the cheerleaders.

And when you say "We will be lucky to be a top 25 team", I take it you mean Ohio, right? Well, they suck, so all the luck in the world wouldn't make them a top 50 team.

Thats exactly where we want to be. We have enough room to climb and "sneak" up on people. But we also are not too far down that we couldn't climb all the way to the top.

We will be lucky to be a top 25 team imo.

where is your father-in-law's team ranked??????

you know who i'm talking about......the guy that got drugged

They are on the rise. Watch out for them in a couple years.

:lame

Most important about this season is not to lose to someone we should beat. Callahan can't have another Kansas game.

I think this year we beat Texas Tech in a close game. Those games are turned around for us this year.

Or we could turn into 1999 Arizona team.......They beat NU in the bowl game and then they were hyped all offseason...got ranked #3 in the preseaon rankings and lost a couple early...got blown out actually..one humiliating loss to Penn St if I recall correctly. This could be NU.

hey, lighten up, eric.

I mean, yeah. Zac could get hit by a meteor and be ineffective the rest of the year. And Octavien could be invited to a Duke lacrosse party and wind up suspended. And Cody Glenn could be appointed new White House Press Secretary (laugh if you want, he's as qualified as the guy who just got the job) and be unavailable. And Carriker could just refuse to ever leave the M & N Sandwich Shop ever again because Norm's Chow is just so righteous that he lost his love for football...

or maybe disaster won't strike.

You've gotten pessimistic in your old age.

Miss you, dude.

C-Husker

Most important about this season is not to lose to someone we should beat. Callahan can't have another Kansas game.

I think this year we beat Texas Tech in a close game. Those games are turned around for us this year.

Or we could turn into 1999 Arizona team.......They beat NU in the bowl game and then they were hyped all offseason...got ranked #3 in the preseaon rankings and lost a couple early...got blown out actually..one humiliating loss to Penn St if I recall correctly. This could be NU.

:yeah

Great point. Being Ua is a frightening thing

we played some good football at the end of last year, specifically, the Colorado and Michigan games. a lot of people watched those games and they saw that we were turning the corner and that Coach Callahan might be successful after all. The turning point was when it all came together for Zac Taylor. then again he showed that he could move the ball at will against our #2's in the spring game(minus the dropped passes).

the key for this year is to make our opponents respect the run. then the passing game will really kick in. if we can run the ball at will we wont need to pass. but good teams, and other situations like the clock running out, etc, can make your offense one dimensional at times, so you need to be able to execute both the run and the pass.