Donald J Trump-45th POTUS

I'm a born-again Christian who doesn't believe in the merits of belonging to a congregation and this election has reinforced that, with 13% of BA Christian voters not voting for Trump. I mean, I can see trying to belong to one and getting my voice heard, but not with an 87-13 split.

I will admit to scrunching my eyes, pronouncing that "too-bee-long-toon", and looking that up in the dictionary.

I'm the Gary Johnson of English professors.

My phone was undersensitive or my fingers were cold.

I'm a born-again Christian who doesn't believe in the merits of belonging to a congregation and this election has reinforced that, with 13% of BA Christian voters not voting for Trump. I mean, I can see trying to belong to one and getting my voice heard, but not with an 87-13 split.

I'm confused.

How exactly does an election reinforce your desire to not belong to a congregation (which I have no problem with). But, tying the two together is somewhat odd to me.

87% of born again Christians who voted, voted for Trump. I see no need to spend a lot of time around that. I'm perfectly fine with my 60-40 average Nebraskan tilt.

I've maybe said it 6 times on this forum. Trump will use his position to do anything he can to torment anyone who has ever wronged him in any way.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/omarosa-list-donald-trump/index.html

Donald Trump surrogate Omarosa Manigault said the President-elect's campaign is keeping a list of people who did not support his run to the White House.

"Let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we're keeping a list," Manigault, the campaign's director of African-American outreach, told the Independent Journal Review, an online news outlet started by two former GOP staffers aimed at a center-right audience.

"It's so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get in to the White House, we know where we stand," the former reality show contestant added.

• Fire 1

Boy I hope he doesn't get Russia to tap into HB to get our real names .... some of us (Im only speaking for myself ) would make it onto his list for sure.

He'd probably make us watch all of his beauty pageants back to back.

Or force us to make calls into news papers and radio shows using false names to talk about how we saw that playboy Trump out with a model and they were both eating tic tacs.

Maybe "ignored" is a bad word. And, maybe I am in the minority. But, there has been a growing arrogance in politics with urban people looking down their noses at rural areas of the country. And, maybe I feel it more because I have family who live in larger cities that CLEARLY have that attitude. It's an attitude that puts off this aura that they are so much more educated and worldly.

Just look at how many politicians act/dress/talk when addressing a rural crowd compared to an urban crowd.

This makes no sense to me. You have jobs, food, a house, cars, clothes, nobody is impinging on any of your freedoms... but you're mad because people "look down their noses" at you?

I know country folks, lived in the country half my life & spend a LOT of time with them now. That feeling of "I'm better than you" is mutual. Country folks don't respect urban folks. They tell jokes about them and talk down about them. That lack of respect is a two-way street and always has been.

The problem is that no harm comes to you as a result of their attitude, why rail against it?

Hmmm....OK....not sure why you are being snarly with me.

A comment was made about how interesting it was that she won almost all urban areas and for once rural America stood up and won the election for a candidate. I simply responded to that. Then someone asked why rural America feels ignored and I responded to that as "ignored" might be the wrong word.

Just having a conversation. No need to get all up tight about it.

I'm having a conversation. I laid out the facts and asked for a response. I don't know why you took that to be snarky.

Could you explain, in light of the relatively stable & wealthy reality of rural life, why they feel "ignored" and how they feel electing Trump will fix that?

Do you disagree that rural folks speak down about urban folks? I can tell you a joke off the top of my head if you like.

The stable and wealthy reality of rural life...what exactly does that mean. There are many poor small midwestern towns across many of the states Trump won, with poor housing and school districts.

Boy I hope he doesn't get Russia to tap into HB to get our real names .... some of us (Im only speaking for myself ) would make it onto his list for sure.

Oh please...I beg him to do this. He's a pathetic bully in that aspect.

He threatens law suits like that all the time.

What's he going to do??? Take my birthday away?

I've actually wondered the last 3 days how much time he'd spend in the White House. Not necessarily because I have a problem with him spending a lot of time elsewhere. Mostly because... the White House is a step down as far as living quarters go.

I don't get the purpose of holding the rallies other than to help his ego. It might make the people feel like he cares about them, but other than that how does it help the country? Now if instead he traveled around meeting with people and getting their opinions on things, that would make a lot more sense.