Donald J Trump-45th POTUS

Is Trump America's first atheist President? I thought it was kinda obvious he was just pretending to be religious.

If you believe that any of these recent presidents have been religious outside of maybe Jimmy Carter then I got a sweet bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I think the Bushes are at least somewhat religious. I don't think Reagan was. Nancy famously consulted astrologists, which isn't very Christian.

Messianic is not the same as Religious. The Bush religion is really spreading American agenda across the world whether the world wants or not. There is a strain of evangelical streak in George W. Bush that his Neocon cabinet used to get him into the Iraq War for Israel but I think it is just cultural.

Hillary is messianic for her causes. That's partially why I voted Trump. He isn't a Americanist zealot from what I can tell.

George HW identified as Episcopalian and attended church while in office. George W identified as Methodist and went to church, too. I'm not sure where you're coming from with that.

I'm a born-again Christian who doesn't believe in the merits of belonging to a congregation and this election has reinforced that, with 13% of BA Christian voters not voting for Trump. I mean, I can see trying to belong to one and getting my voice heard, but not with an 87-13 split.

I'm a born-again Christian who doesn't believe in the merits of belonging to a congregation and this election has reinforced that, with 13% of BA Christian voters not voting for Trump. I mean, I can see trying to belong to one and getting my voice heard, but not with an 87-13 split.

I will admit to scrunching my eyes, pronouncing that "too-bee-long-toon", and looking that up in the dictionary.

I'm the Gary Johnson of English professors.

Is Trump America's first atheist President? I thought it was kinda obvious he was just pretending to be religious.

If you believe that any of these recent presidents have been religious outside of maybe Jimmy Carter then I got a sweet bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I think the Bushes are at least somewhat religious. I don't think Reagan was. Nancy famously consulted astrologists, which isn't very Christian.

Messianic is not the same as Religious. The Bush religion is really spreading American agenda across the world whether the world wants or not. There is a strain of evangelical streak in George W. Bush that his Neocon cabinet used to get him into the Iraq War for Israel but I think it is just cultural.

Hillary is messianic for her causes. That's partially why I voted Trump. He isn't a Americanist zealot from what I can tell.

George HW identified as Episcopalian and attended church while in office. George W identified as Methodist and went to church, too. I'm not sure where you're coming from with that.

He's probably reading into things the same way you are claiming Obama to not be religious/maybe be atheist despite claiming to be a Congregationalist Christian and has attended church for pretty much the last three decades

I think they are in the same way most people are; they just don't take it all that seriously.

Everyone knows Trump is being completely untruthful.

Clinton pretended to be friends with Jay-Z and Beyonce to get votes. Trump pretended to be religious. The fact is if you want to be POTUS you're going to have to sell out to a group or two you don't identify with. There's no getting around that. Unfortunately that's American politics.

The fact is if you want to be POTUS you're going to have to sell out to a group or two you don't identify with. There's no getting around that. Unfortunately that's American politics.

This is true. It's a nation of more than 300 million people. We're too diverse for any one person to be accepted and identifiable to everyone, or even most everyone. Some fakery has to happen.

• Fire 1

The fact is if you want to be POTUS you're going to have to sell out to a group or two you don't identify with. There's no getting around that. Unfortunately that's American politics.

This is true. It's a nation of more than 300 million people. We're too diverse for any one person to be accepted and identifiable to everyone, or even most everyone. Some fakery has to happen.

Given that need for fakery...

Probably better to be a blustering fool that can fall back on "I'm just rough around the edges and use bad words", if you're going to do that, than an ambitious person angling for the highest office atop a career of political aspirations.

How crazy.

• Fire 1

I'm confused.

How exactly does an election reinforce your desire to not belong to a congregation (which I have no problem with). But, tying the two together is somewhat odd to me.