Repealing the ACA under Trump

Hay you guys, I know the entire U.S. population is 320 million but "hundreds of millions" of Americans had "good/great" healthcare until that nasty, mean Obummer tried to kill us all. Everything was perfect. That's why we're still so mad anything was even tried.

• Fire 1

Does society come together to help foot the bill for those who can't?

Yes.

Those 20 million people are people.

What you're speaking of is charity. Don't make the mistake of calling the authorization of the federal government to rip money from the pockets of hard working honest people at gun point "charity"

And no worries, I'll dig the actual numbers up when I get a chance. Bottom line is that a great portion of our country who had quality, usable, reasonably affordable health insurance had it forcefully ripped away from them. And I'm not a republican. Political parties are for sheep.

Yes.

What you're speaking of is charity. Don't make the mistake of calling the authorization of the federal government to rip money from the pockets of hard working honest people at gun point "charity"

And no worries, I'll dig the actual numbers up when I get a chance. Bottom line is that a great portion of our country who had quality, usable, reasonably affordable health insurance had it forcefully ripped away from them. And I'm not a republican. Political parties are for sheep.

Healthcare prices have been going up because there's no constraints on costs. Reasonably affordable healthcare is not attainable under the ACA or by repealing the ACA. It's why healthcare costs were the leading cause of bankruptcy before the ACA. In fact, the ACA helped reduced bankruptcy by 50%.

And the healthcare plans before the ACA were NOT quality. One thing the ACA got right was the Patient Protection Act, which forced the insurance companies to have a minimum level of quality, like not having cost caps.

• Fire 3

Yes.

Healthcare prices have been going up because there's no constraints on costs. Reasonably affordable healthcare is not attainable under the ACA or by repealing the ACA. It's why healthcare costs were the leading cause of bankruptcy before the ACA. In fact, the ACA helped reduced bankruptcy by 50%.

And the healthcare plans before the ACA were NOT quality. One thing the ACA got right was the Patient Protection Act, which forced the insurance companies to have a minimum level of quality, like not having cost caps.

Millions of people pre ACA had health insurance coverage that they'd literally kill for right now. ACA was a lie from the beginning.

Not only that, the ACA was designed to fail so Barack couple sweep in and force people into socialized medicine as the saving grace.

Yes.

Millions of people pre ACA had health insurance coverage that they'd literally kill for right now. ACA was a lie from the beginning.

Not only that, the ACA was designed to fail so Barack couple sweep in and force people into socialized medicine as the saving grace.

You got any facts or evidence to support your claims, or just more right wing talking points?

To show that you're misinformed about the ACA, here's several articles describing how it's based on a conservative healthcare proposal:

Source of the individual mandate: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2011/10/20/how-a-conservative-think-tank-invented-the-individual-mandate/#de9b34b61877

Source of the healthcare exchange: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/apr/01/barack-obama/obama-says-heritage-foundation-source-health-excha/

Similarity to a Republican healthcare bill from 1993: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/15/ellen-qualls/aca-gop-health-care-plan-1993/

• Fire 1

that darn obama messed up and his plan that was designed to fail so he could start socialized medicine just wouldn't fail for him. now it's up to the republicans to work hard to destroy the thing that was designed to fail.

• Fire 3

Yes.

Yet, the very few posts you've made seem to be regurgitations of the party's baseless talking points.

• Fire 1

that darn obama messed up and his plan that was designed to fail so he could start socialized medicine just wouldn't fail for him. now it's up to the republicans to work hard to destroy the thing that was designed to fail.

It will fail on its own when all the insurance providers drop out from all the bogus mandates. In the meantime, it has shackled business growth and caused many to close their doors because of the costs.

Yes.

You got any facts or evidence to support your claims, or just more right wing talking points?

To show that you're misinformed about the ACA, here's several articles describing how it's based on a conservative healthcare proposal:

Source of the individual mandate: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2011/10/20/how-a-conservative-think-tank-invented-the-individual-mandate/#de9b34b61877

Source of the healthcare exchange: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/apr/01/barack-obama/obama-says-heritage-foundation-source-health-excha/

Similarity to a Republican healthcare bill from 1993: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/15/ellen-qualls/aca-gop-health-care-plan-1993/

I wanna give you all the benefit of the doubt, but seriously? You haven't noticed that premiums in some states have gone up over 400% because of ACA? Or that several states currently have no insurance provider to choose from at all?... You're completely unaware of this?

It will fail on its own when all the insurance providers drop out from all the bogus mandates. In the meantime, it has shackled business growth and caused many to close their doors because of the costs.

it's amazing that obamas designed to fail plan has survived longer than all the republican plans have so far.

it's amazing that obamas designed to fail plan has survived longer than all the republican plans have so far.

All government health care plans are trash.

yet they work in every other developed nation in the world

Can you tell me what country has led the world the past hundred years in research and development in medicine?

Can you tell me what country has led the world the past hundred years in research and development in medicine?

too bad that spending doesn't represent itself well with overall health of americans. we rate poorly among developed nations in infant mortality rates, maternal death rates, and life expectancy

Yes.

I wanna give you all the benefit of the doubt, but seriously? You haven't noticed that premiums in some states have gone up over 400% because of ACA? Or that several states currently have no insurance provider to choose from at all?... You're completely unaware of this?

So, no, you don't have anything other than baseless talking points. Costs have gone up roughly the same during the ACA as they did before:

2013_09_HealthCareCosts3.png

And an article discussing that the costs haven't gone up any faster under the ACA: No, Obamacare Hasn't Jacked Up Your Company's Insurance Rates

Health insurance premiums have been rising for decades, almost (though not quite) as stubbornly reliable as an eastern sunrise. And it turns out that these increases actually slowed after the Affordable Care Act became law in 2010. That's according to data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which tracks a range of topics around spending on health care in its Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. The survey tracks the health insurance offered by private firms big and small, and in all cases, the average rate of premium growth from the time the law passed in 2010 through 2015 was actually lower than from 2004 to 2010. And premium growth was lowest for firms with fewer than 50 employees.
Edited by RedDenver