Repealing the ACA under Trump

One of the craziest thing about all this is that these on the fence senators aren't taking a breath and just asking "Why?" Why are we pushing this through so fast, why am I going to vote yes for a bill that I actually do want to become a law? I feel like I'm looking at this from 1000 yards out, and everything that I've read is that this whole situation is f'in crazy. Why do they want their legacies to be about this kind of BS?

• Fire 2

The reason they're voting for a bill they don't want to see become law is because they want to keep the Obamacare Repeal dream alive ... and eventually get to a bill that *do* want to see become law.

--

The Senate is voting on a motion to commit the reconciliation bill to the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. (Is this a bad thing? I honestly can't tell what it means).

McCain, Murkowski, Rubio, and Sasse voted against it. It's not passing. #PartyLine

Skinny repeal upcoming. Republican heroes all.

Motion to committee was a Democratic proposal to kick the process back a step to the committee phase of legislation, where important bills are actually examined and deliberated to fix problems and allow both sides to have their say.

Of course we can't have that. I too was confused at first, thinking it was a motion to convene a conference between the two chambers to work out a bill they agreed upon, but that was not what it was.

Collins, Murkowski & McCain voted no on skinny repeal. The bill failed by one vote.

McCain comes up clutch when it mattered. Trump's attempt at extorting a vote from Murkowski was not successful. Collins can go home to her constituents in Maine and say she protected her healthcare as a gubernatorial candidate.

I will take back what I said about McCain lying. He had his spine tonight and put his money where his mouth was. Good for him. Definitely a positive page in his legacy.

• Fire 1

From the sound of McConnell's speech, this was the last attempt the GOP will make towards repealing the ACA. They turn to the Democrats to come up with a solution.

McCain got a lot of heat for voting to send the skinny repeal motion to a vote, but he along with Murkowski and Collins came through in the end.

• Fire 1

Don't know much about Schumer but this was a pretty great speech by him. Not gloating or anything. When I searched on YouTube to post it here some other idiot had posted it with a title saying he was hiding a laugh at the beginning. I really hate people sometimes.

• Fire 1

Lindsey Graham stood up in front of reporters yesterday and railed against this skinny repeal bill. Said, "The skinny bill, as policy, is a disaster."

Graham then proceeded to vote FOR the bill in a craven display of politics gone wrong.

Thankfully, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski stood up and sunk the bill with McCain's help.

• Fire 4