Dems Rebuild

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This woman is just plain weird.

Was the book about her faith?  The article made it seem like it was a devotional book written by a pastor that had close ties to Clinton, and the only thing in the book associated to her is the foreword she wrote for him.  

That said, I don't disagree that she would benefit greatly by staying in the woodwork for the foreseeable future.....But in this instance, it's not on her.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pretty pathetic picture both literally and figuratively.  Unfortunately the Repubs aren't any better.  Sometimes I think we need an infusion of a totally new group of individuals in DC.  Unfortunately the power brokers, election rules, gerrymandering won't allow that to happen.

Here is my sincere thoughts on this issue...and it pertains to Republicans too. (actually, even larger with them right now)

The world is an extremely complicated place now days.  When you factor in the technological advancements with how businesses work and how governments around the world deal with each other and military advancements...with medicine, you are dealing with technological advancements that can do amazing things but at the same time, cost huge amounts of money to advance and develop.....etc.  Then, you throw in terrorism and the old problems with dictators, drug and crime problems, poverty....bla bla bla.....

Being someone who is elected to fix these problems and deal with them on a knowledgable level....is EXTREMELY hard.

I also believe that most people we elect to go to Washington are rather smart people.  Their electorate???  Many times not so much.

Here is where it goes completely haywire though.  These people then throw in political relationships/campaign promises/party affiliations....etc.....it makes the job almost impossible to do.

It's a very difficult job...but doable as long as you stay logical and methodical about actually doing the right thing.......that's not how it works in Washington though.

BRB  - we need to be 'hiring employees' to go to Washington instead of politicians  What I mean by that is that when I hire someone I don't get all emotional about them.  I want to know that they have the knowledge and experience base to do the job and also the correct aptitude & attitude for the position.  However, we elect politicians and with that comes all of the emotional baggage that come wt all of our biases and filters.  Too much of our "hiring" (voting) is based on subjective things that do not pertain to the candidate's ability to really do the job - looks, age, our own pet filters, etc.   Thus we often elect people who may look exactly like 'ME" put can't do the job very well.  We have emotional buying as shoppers and we have emotional voting

as well - we then end up wt buyers remorse - wonder how may Trump voters have that remorse now??

Sanders rebuffs Hillary.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/349423-sanders-brushes-off-clinton-criticism-look-forward-and-not-backward

And she goes after Biden.    She is a bitter old has been who cannot bring herself to admit she blew it.  She had an air of entitlement and invisibility and it all came crashing down.

Now I wish she had lost to Kasich, Rubio, or Rand Paul instead.  Time for her and the Dems to move on. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/349368-clinton-questions-biden-and-middle-class-narrative

Hillary Clinton criticized former Vice President Joe Biden in her new book for his assessment that Democrats did not focus on the middle class during the presidential race. 

The Democratic nominee defeated by President Trump writes that she found Biden's comments "remarkable" given his own campaigning for her, in which he talked about what she would do for the middle class.

"Joe Biden said the Democratic Party in 2016 'did not talk about what it always stood for — and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class,' " Clinton said in her new book, "What Happened," which was obtained by CNN.

"I find this fairly remarkable, considering that Joe himself campaigned for me all over the Midwest and talked plenty about the middle class," she continued. 

Clinton was referring to comments made in May by Biden, in which he criticized Democrats' strategy to win over working-class voters.

"Because of the negative campaign that [Donald] Trump ran, how much did we hear about that guy making 50,000 bucks on an assembly line, the woman — his wife — making $28,000 as a hostess?" Biden said in May. 

"They have $78,000, two kids, living in a metropolitan area, and they can hardly make it," Biden continued, adding "When was the last time you heard us talk about those people?" 

Biden is not the only figure in Clinton's book to take heat over her shocking loss.  

Clinton offers frank assessments of former FBI Director James Comey and Russian President Vladimir Putin for their actions during the campaign. 

The former nominee even points at former President Barack Obama, saying he could have put out a stronger response to Russia's efforts to influence the outcome of the election.

And she is critical of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who she defeated in a tough Democratic primary.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sanders rebuffs Hillary.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/349423-sanders-brushes-off-clinton-criticism-look-forward-and-not-backward

And she goes after Biden.    She is a bitter old has been who cannot bring herself to admit she blew it.  She had an air of entitlement and invisibility and it all came crashing down.

Now I wish she had lost to Kasich, Rubio, or Rand Paul instead.  Time for her and the Dems to move on. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/349368-clinton-questions-biden-and-middle-class-narrative

Hillary Clinton criticized former Vice President Joe Biden in her new book for his assessment that Democrats did not focus on the middle class during the presidential race. 

The Democratic nominee defeated by President Trump writes that she found Biden's comments "remarkable" given his own campaigning for her, in which he talked about what she would do for the middle class.

"Joe Biden said the Democratic Party in 2016 'did not talk about what it always stood for — and that was how to maintain a burgeoning middle class,' " Clinton said in her new book, "What Happened," which was obtained by CNN.

"I find this fairly remarkable, considering that Joe himself campaigned for me all over the Midwest and talked plenty about the middle class," she continued. 

Clinton was referring to comments made in May by Biden, in which he criticized Democrats' strategy to win over working-class voters.

"Because of the negative campaign that [Donald] Trump ran, how much did we hear about that guy making 50,000 bucks on an assembly line, the woman — his wife — making $28,000 as a hostess?" Biden said in May. 

"They have $78,000, two kids, living in a metropolitan area, and they can hardly make it," Biden continued, adding "When was the last time you heard us talk about those people?" 

Biden is not the only figure in Clinton's book to take heat over her shocking loss.  

Clinton offers frank assessments of former FBI Director James Comey and Russian President Vladimir Putin for their actions during the campaign. 

The former nominee even points at former President Barack Obama, saying he could have put out a stronger response to Russia's efforts to influence the outcome of the election.

And she is critical of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who she defeated in a tough Democratic primary.

Is there anybody Hillary hasn't blamed?

She just wrote a memoir about why she lost.  I'll guarantee not one paragraph is dedicated to how plastic and unlikable she is.  It's understandable that a person has a huge ego to get as far as she's gotten in politics, but to lack that kind of self-awareness is crazy. 

• Plus1 1