College Football Playoff

Mavric

Alrighty, so who are you all cheering for?

It'd be nice to have OSU win to make the B1G look good... but deep down I don't want them to win. I'd prefer it be Washington or Clemson. Kind of want it to be Washington just because of everyone talking about how they don't stand a chance.

And of course, almost no one wants Alabama to win.

It'd be nice to have OSU win to make the B1G look good... but deep down I don't want them to win. I'd prefer it be Washington or Clemson. Kind of want it to be Washington just because of everyone talking about how they don't stand a chance.

I'm pulling for Washington the most. I'd just be happy seeing Bama not win, but this might be the best team Saban has had

I'm pulling for Washington the most. I'd just be happy seeing Bama not win, but this might be the best team Saban has had bought

Just blows my mind that head to head doesn't matter in football.

Why does it matter in the title game but not in the regular season?

The playoff system while obviously better than the BCS is still flawed. I still think the games will be good but this year makes as good a case as any that they need to expand. Until then there will still be teams that get 'left out' and honestly we'll be missing some possible amazing matchups. That's the saddest part of it for me.

It just blows my mind that you think two losses don't matter. One of those losses was by 39 points. When was the last team that played for the National Championship have a 39 point loss on their resume?

It just blows my mind that you think two losses don't matter. One of those losses was by 39 points. When was the last team that played for the National Championship have a 39 point loss on their resume?

Probably not the last one to go on to win 9 in a row afterward including the Big 10 Championship? At the same time I can understand someone focusing on the 2 losses versus just one but some teams definitely improve and sometimes drastically as the season goes on. To me it's almost like pro baseball and football where imo they at least deserve a wild card. Ohio State lost to 7-6 and very unranked Virginia Tech the year they won it all with a freshman qb no less and no one probably saw them coming back and winning the national championship. It's not so cut and dried imo.

Probably not the last one to go on to win 9 in a row afterward including the Big 10 Championship? At the same time I can understand someone focusing on the 2 losses versus just one but some teams definitely improve and sometimes drastically as the season goes on. To me it's almost like pro baseball and football where imo they at least deserve a wild card. Ohio State lost to 7-6 and very unranked Virginia Tech the year they won it all with a freshman qb no less and no one probably saw them coming back and winning the national championship. It's not so cut and dried imo.

Losses have to mean something. If they didn't, Oklahoma should have gotten more consideration for a playoff spot.

The 2014 Buckeyes needed to to win the Big10 championship and win it big for a couple reasons. They were being compared to other ONE loss teams and their out of conference schedule was not that good.

• 3 weeks later...