Instant contributors

How are people mentioning WR recruits and not thinking Keyshawn Jr makes immediate impact?

I think he needs a year or two with S&C.

If it's just that, then I think he very well could see the field next year since I think he is an early enrollee.

He will be here for 8 months before fall camp starts. He's a WR. He isn't a lineman that has to build a lot more strength and put on a large amount of lbs of muscle.

I don't think he needs add a bunch of strength. I think he needs to lose some baby pounds, which will happen as he matures...it's natural. He's young for his class. I think he needs to add quickness so he can get some kid of separation, he's a bully at the HS level but he won't be able to do that all the time at the next level. Maybe he gets it done in 8 months, but I think it's more of a maturing thing which I'm not sure will happen that quick.

Don't get me wrong glad we have him and I think he'll grow into a physical specimen, just not sure when.

How are people mentioning WR recruits and not thinking Keyshawn Jr makes immediate impact?

I think he needs a year or two with S&C.

I just went back and looked at his Jr vs Sr year. He has put on a little bad weight. You can tell a little bit around his hips. He also doesn't seem very strong. I know he is in HS but you would think with a father who played in the NFL and the fact he plays in a good program he would be in better football shape. Makes me questions his work ethic. He has good hands and he does a really good job of actually catching with his hands most of the time and not letting the ball get to his body. That right there is a hard habit to break so the fact he doesn't have it is good. He will have to bust ass in the weight room if he wants to see the field as a freshman. Hopefully he does

Miles. McQuitty. Guy Thomas or Porcher. Avery Roberts. Hampton on ST.

Outside shot, Gebbia.

You?

Hopefully any of the DE we signed can come in and play well. We need a playmaker. Unless Freedom really improves over the off season he isn't the answer and obviously if nobody could beat out Ross Dzuris the guys we have on the team now are not very good. I agree Mcquitty will get on the field. Hoping one of the lbs can break the lineup but I feel like these coaches play favorites or are playing to the interest of the fan base and play senior walk ons. Marcus Newby will be a senior so I feel like he will have the olb spot opposite Young so unless any of these incoming freshman play mike I don't see them starting.

I think you're throwing Dzuris under the bus here. Could he start for Alabama or Ohio State? Probably not. But he is a solid player and as 5th year senior, that gives him a big edge physically over practically any true freshman coming in or redshirt freshman.

Like it or not, playing in the interior O and D lines at this level still usually requires a redshirt year at minimum. Most guys truly aren't ready to play physically until they are true or redshirt sophomores.

Outside shot, Gebbia.

You?

Hopefully any of the DE we signed can come in and play well. We need a playmaker. Unless Freedom really improves over the off season he isn't the answer and obviously if nobody could beat out Ross Dzuris the guys we have on the team now are not very good. I agree Mcquitty will get on the field. Hoping one of the lbs can break the lineup but I feel like these coaches play favorites or are playing to the interest of the fan base and play senior walk ons. Marcus Newby will be a senior so I feel like he will have the olb spot opposite Young so unless any of these incoming freshman play mike I don't see them starting.

I think you're throwing Dzuris under the bus here. Could he start for Alabama or Ohio State? Probably not. But he is a solid player and as 5th year senior, that gives him a big edge physically over practically any true freshman coming in or redshirt freshman.

Like it or not, playing in the interior O and D lines at this level still usually requires a redshirt year at minimum. Most guys truly aren't ready to play physically until they are true or redshirt sophomores.

I think Ross did a good job of making plays when they came to him which is important, but elite athlete he is not. This year also I noticed him miss contain assignments on QBs that led to big plays or first downs. That's HS stuff. I'ld see him go after the RB a few time in a row on option plays and just knew the QB was gonna keep it soon because you know the spotters upstairs are telling the QB he is biting. Don't get me wrong it's a good story and I don't question his drive and effort but we need an upgrade badly

Outside shot, Gebbia.

You?

best mustache in the B1G. Only other school he'd start at would be rutgers. Great story, high motor but would get pushed off the line, couldn't close out on qbs to get sacks, lost containment way too often. Loved his hustle but he doesn't start at most power 5 schools

Outside shot, Gebbia.

You?

best mustache in the B1G. Only other school he'd start at would be rutgers. Great story, high motor but would get pushed off the line, couldn't close out on qbs to get sacks, lost containment way too often. Loved his hustle but he doesn't start at most power 5 schools
^^^ yeah.. what he said.. but he might have started at Purdue as well