How far are we behind the top teams in Big Ten

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/07/big-ten-football-revival?xid=socialflow_twitter_sicr

Interesting article about were the Big10 was at in 2011 compared to now. Fielding a team in the identity of the school...etc.

"Smith says if Ohio State had asked for more TV money, "we would have fragmented the league." We know this is true because it is exactly what happened to the Big 12.

Texas was not content being the Big 12's premier program. Texas wanted to effectively run the league, have its own independent TV channel (the Longhorn Network) and cut the largest piece of pie for itself. In doing that, Texas ignored the old business maxim: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered."

How many of Nebraska's starters could start at Ohio State? Maybe Gates or Gerry? Westy? Nebraska is not very close to OSU but doesn't need to be to win the West.

Well, let's count them:

1. Tommy Armstrong (although there he'd be a RB, WR, TE/H-Back, or possibly even a FS/SS).

2. Jordan Westerkamp.

3. Terrell Newby (as a slot receiver).

4. Tanner Farmer.

5. Chris Jones.

6. Josh Kalu.

7. Nate Gerry.

Those are 7 players that, in my opinion, would start literally for any other program.

you must have missed the game they played Nebraska. TA doesn't start on any of those spots, Westy maybe,Newby isn't better than Curtis Samuel and to say so is a joke, the way their o line dominated I doubt Farmer is any better than whoever they have at right guard, and their defensive backfield is just as good if not better than ours

Not to dump on the guys you listed but, seriously? NONE of those guys start for Ohio State. Newby would not beat out Ohio State's receiver because obviously if he was THAT good, he'd be a receiver in Lincoln. Nate Gerry would get playing time certainly although I am not sure he'd start. Our CBs were not among the nation's best, although they played very well. Westercamp is an excellent receiver and would get a starting level spot on as many as 15 of the top 20 teams - but not sure at Ohio State (lacks pure speed and a little size as well). Tommy is a fine athlete but he is not fast enough to be a starting RB at many teams. Too small to be a TE. He might make a LB size wise. Tommy's best shot, ironically, is as a QB. He would have been an excellent QB in a wishbone or other option oriented attack. He is a solid 'option attack' passer and would have posed a real threat to defenses trying to overload to stop the option with his passing skills.

I hope Westy and Gerry get a decent shot in the NFL and we will find out the level of players they really are with that.

Houston GBR looks like more people are jumping on that "negative nancy " train, or is it people are trying to be honest with there assessment of where the program currently sits. you won't ever change a problem if you can't admit there is one.

Honest criticisms with actual stuff to back it up is one thing. Saying things like "we will never be relevant ever ever again" without anything to back that up is different.

did I say that

Yes. Not in those exact words, but yes you did.

How many of Nebraska's starters could start at Ohio State? Maybe Gates or Gerry? Westy? Nebraska is not very close to OSU but doesn't need to be to win the West.

Well, let's count them:

1. Tommy Armstrong (although there he'd be a RB, WR, TE/H-Back, or possibly even a FS/SS).

2. Jordan Westerkamp.

4. Tanner Farmer.

5. Chris Jones.

6. Josh Kalu.

7. Nate Gerry.

Those are 7 players that, in my opinion, would start literally for any other program.

Delusional.

Seriously? These 7 players are NFL talent at all of the positions he listed. I think Tommy would make a great RB and would not be surprised if he Braxton Miller'd or Denard Robinson'd it in the NFL. Not saying he will but if he sought it out it could very well work out for him. He have future NFL players for sure in at least Westerkamp, Gerry, and Jones. That's not delusional to me.

Houston GBR looks like more people are jumping on that "negative nancy " train, or is it people are trying to be honest with there assessment of where the program currently sits. you won't ever change a problem if you can't admit there is one.

Honest criticisms with actual stuff to back it up is one thing. Saying things like "we will never be relevant ever ever again" without anything to back that up is different.

did I say that

Yes. Not in those exact words, but yes you did.

No I didn't nor did I imply that, because ever never is a loooong time and no one can predict that. Now I will say I would be surprised if we won the division in the next 3 yrs but it could happen being as weak as it is, but I will go on record as saying we have less than a 10% chance of winning the conference in that time frame. Does that upset your pollyanish attitude?

Well, let's count them:

2. Jordan Westerkamp.

4. Tanner Farmer.

5. Chris Jones.

6. Josh Kalu.

7. Nate Gerry.

Delusional.

Seriously? These 7 players are NFL talent at all of the positions he listed. I think Tommy would make a great RB and would not be surprised if he Braxton Miller'd or Denard Robinson'd it in the NFL. Not saying he will but if he sought it out it could very well work out for him. He have future NFL players for sure in at least Westerkamp, Gerry, and Jones. That's not delusional to me

Houston you have a problem! lol

Well, let's count them:

2. Jordan Westerkamp.

4. Tanner Farmer.

5. Chris Jones.

6. Josh Kalu.

7. Nate Gerry.

Delusional.

Seriously? These 7 players are NFL talent at all of the positions he listed. I think Tommy would make a great RB and would not be surprised if he Braxton Miller'd or Denard Robinson'd it in the NFL. Not saying he will but if he sought it out it could very well work out for him. He have future NFL players for sure in at least Westerkamp, Gerry, and Jones. That's not delusional to me.
just because they are NFL talent doesn't mean they are better than OSU'S NFL talent

Well, let's count them:

2. Jordan Westerkamp.

4. Tanner Farmer.

5. Chris Jones.

6. Josh Kalu.

7. Nate Gerry.

Delusional.

Seriously? These 7 players are NFL talent at all of the positions he listed. I think Tommy would make a great RB and would not be surprised if he Braxton Miller'd or Denard Robinson'd it in the NFL. Not saying he will but if he sought it out it could very well work out for him. He have future NFL players for sure in at least Westerkamp, Gerry, and Jones. That's not delusional to me

Houston you have a problem! lol

Thanks! :B)