What Bo Pelini taking YSU to a title game means for NU...

Redux

Of course it means something for NU.

It shows Pelini as a successful coach who has done well in both of his head coaching jobs while NU is still trying to figure things out.

It could also mean it only took Riley two seasons to master the Bo Pelini season, 9 wins and 2 blowout losses.
Master?

If I need to bet, I'd bet that the next 2 years our record won't be as good as this year's.

I'd hope for better from an experienced coach.

If the next 2 years are better: "Boy I'm glad I was wrong about Riley, GBR!"

If they aren't: "I told you all Riley was below average!"

THIS is why your style of posting annoys me. I'm not a fan of blind optimism either, but the snarky pessemism for the sake of trying to be the smartest guy in the room really grind my gears.

Is there only one acceptable posting style allowed on the board?

If you don't like my posting style you're free not to read my posts.

It shows Pelini as a successful coach who has done well in both of his head coaching jobs while NU is still trying to figure things out.

It could also mean it only took Riley two seasons to master the Bo Pelini season, 9 wins and 2 blowout losses.
Master?

If I need to bet, I'd bet that the next 2 years our record won't be as good as this year's.

THIS is why your style of posting annoys me. I'm not a fan of blind optimism either, but the snarky pessemism for the sake of trying to be the smartest guy in the room really grind my gears.

I'm very close to making that decision, deal to place eachother on ignore?

Master?

I have no reason to ignore you but if you wish to put me on ignore you are free to do so.

A word of wisdom. The new member usually does better here when he takes a few pointers and hears what the long-term member is saying. FYI, I was a guest for over a year before I started posting. Still, I have little to add in football knowledge so I try not to post too much. I read most every thing written in the recruiting forum and about Huskerfootball. I usually stay away after losses.

Anyways, just two cents I thought I'd throw out.

All the best to you Cornstar.

• Fire 1

Master?

I have no reason to ignore you but if you wish to put me on ignore you are free to do so.

It's not worth it unless we both commit!

Master?

I think this is the plight of all message boards - many posters feign indifference or predict failure. If they're correct, they get to be smug. If they're wrong, they sidestep the issue and either a) don't draw attention to their inaccuracy or b) hide behind a veil of polite shoulder shrugging.

I've never understood pessimism of this nature - what do any of us gain from being correct about how bad someone or something is? I'm guilty of this myself, admittedly. I think we've all been.

Master?

It's not worth it unless we both commit!
If there is no commitment there is no try.