What Bo Pelini taking YSU to a title game means for NU...

Redux

It means that the last 4 coaches NU has hired...no other teams really seemed to want. Think about that for a second.

teams like Alabama and USC have tried prying Riley from Oregon State before so is that really true?
I mean from the time they were at Nebraska
? So you are saying because no team is pursing Mike Riley at this point in time, he might be a bad coach?
  • Fire 1

It means that the last 4 coaches NU has hired...no other teams really seemed to want. Think about that for a second.

teams like Alabama and USC have tried prying Riley from Oregon State before so is that really true?
? So you are saying because no team is pursing Mike Riley at this point in time, he might be a bad coach?

No...I'm saying that he, bo, frank and Bill were/are not hot commodities while coaching at NU...

Riley's record proves he is not a bad coach...he is an above average coach.

No...I'm saying that he, bo, frank and Bill were/are not hot commodities while coaching at NU...

what I'm saying is how can you even say that about Riley at this point? Of course he isn't a hot commodity why would he be? He just finished his second year at a blue blood program. Seems more like an unavailable commodity to me, at this point in time.
  • Fire 1

what I'm saying is how can you even say that about Riley at this point? Of course he isn't a hot commodity why would he be? He just finished his second year at a blue blood program. Seems more like an unavailable commodity to me, at this point in time.

Well...I guess I look at it this way. He is well underpaid right now and there were a ton of jobs open this year, some really big, some in his home state...but it didn't appear that he was really in play for Oregon, UT, or LSU...

Which most/some might consider to be better jobs than NU right now. If he had just gone 12-2 followed by a playoff appearance this year, I am guessing he would be a hot commodity.

I heard this mentioned before but I have never actually seen any proof that Riley was ever offered those jobs.

• Fire 1

I heard this mentioned before but I have never actually seen any proof that Riley was ever offered those jobs.

Googled "mike riley offered alabama job" and got 630,000 results

Googled "mike riley offered usc job" and got 824,000 results

• Fire 1