What Bo Pelini taking YSU to a title game means for NU...

Redux

It means that the last 4 coaches NU has hired...no other teams really seemed to want. Think about that for a second.

teams like Alabama and USC have tried prying Riley from Oregon State before so is that really true?

I heard this mentioned before but I have never actually seen any proof that Riley was ever offered those jobs.

Googled "mike riley offered alabama job" and got 630,000 results

Googled "mike riley offered usc job" and got 824,000 results

I could Google Jennifer Aniston sex tape and get 900k results and not one of them is real.
  • Fire 2

It means that the last 4 coaches NU has hired...no other teams really seemed to want. Think about that for a second.

teams like Alabama and USC have tried prying Riley from Oregon State before so is that really true?

I heard this mentioned before but I have never actually seen any proof that Riley was ever offered those jobs.

I could Google Jennifer Aniston sex tape and get 900k results and not one of them is real.

Sources:

espn.com

omaha.com

latimes.com

nytimes.com

jimrome.com

just on the first page

Or is this a "you can't prove to me Americans walked on the moon" moment?

• Fire 1

I'd say Riley is pretty average.

you always have something nice to say

Ha!

Come on, what would you say Riley is? Average to a little above average is probably fair, don't you think?

I'm not arguing if Riley is mediocre or not, but nebraska harry is one of the biggest negative nancies I've seen on this board. That's fine and all but it gets old

As for your other post teachercd you have a more valid argument than I do, and I concede that you are probably correct about Riley not being a hot commodity due to coaching ability.

Ha!

Come on, what would you say Riley is? Average to a little above average is probably fair, don't you think?

I'm not arguing if Riley is mediocre or not, but nebraska harry is one of the biggest negative nancies I've seen on this board. That's fine and all but it gets old

As for your other post teachercd you have a more valid argument than I do, and I concede that you are probably correct about Riley not being a hot commodity due to coaching ability.

I wish she was the hottest coaching commodity in America right now… Because that would be Nebraska is kicking ass

is it really true that USC and Alabama tried to hire Riley? I've never heard anyone but Nebraska fans say this. Was he actually offered the job and turned it down or was he just someone they looked into?

is it really true that USC and Alabama tried to hire Riley? I've never heard anyone but Nebraska fans say this. Was he actually offered the job and turned it down or was he just someone they looked into?
Did you not read the thread? It's true with sources that can be found a few posts up

Sources:

espn.com

omaha.com

latimes.com

nytimes.com

jimrome.com

just on the first page

You can show me pictures of Americans on the moon, there are no pictures of Mike Riley in USC head coach attire.

Sources:

espn.com

omaha.com

latimes.com

nytimes.com

jimrome.com

just on the first page

You can show me pictures of Americans on the moon, there are no pictures of Mike Riley in USC head coach attire.

Probably because he DIDN'T take the job?

• Fire 3

Ha!

I wouldn't want to lie to you just to make you feel good.

Did you not read the thread? It's true with sources that can be found a few posts up

well excuse me

Ha!

saying Riley is pretty average isn't the truth though it's just your opinion. You are entitled to that opinion but it doesn't make you correct

Ha!

saying Riley is pretty average isn't the truth though it's just your opinion. You are entitled to that opinion but it doesn't make you correct

What's your opinion on Riley as a coach? Last year i remember seeing numerous coaching blunders that cost nebraska multiple wins. Then this year we lost to ohio st by 59 and iowa, yes iowa, by 30. His record at oregon st isnt anything special. It just is what it is. Hes average. I think average is pretty generous, actually.

Also, I'm in a good mood. So no need to think I'm being cranky or something.

Merry Christmas eve everyone!

• Fire 1