IF We Swing and Miss Badly...Why?

You don't read very well. Who said anything about hiring Saban or Meyer? I already stated that Saban and Meyer aren't realistic options. However, there are plenty of other big names out there -- Miles, Kelly, even Tressel. And yes, money talks. Throw 4 or 5 million at a big name guy and make him say no.

Or, you can take the cheap economical route and hire an unproven commodity and hope and pray and try to convince yourself that he'll somehow turn things around.

He won't.

You don't understand how things work very well do you?

Riley just went 9-4, we aren't firing him to hire Chip Kelly or Les Miles and ESPECIALLY not Jim Tressel.

And guess what? You have made your opinion of the current staff plenty clear. You can stop forcing it down everyones throats and discuss the topics at hand.

Never said anything about firing him, because I don't see that happening, even if we go sub .500 next year. I'm just saying that we're going nowhere fast and each subpar season sets us back further.

You don't read very well. Who said anything about hiring Saban or Meyer? I already stated that Saban and Meyer aren't realistic options. However, there are plenty of other big names out there -- Miles, Kelly, even Tressel. And yes, money talks. Throw 4 or 5 million at a big name guy and make him say no.

Or, you can take the cheap economical route and hire an unproven commodity and hope and pray and try to convince yourself that he'll somehow turn things around.

He won't.

You don't understand how things work very well do you?

Riley just went 9-4, we aren't firing him to hire Chip Kelly or Les Miles and ESPECIALLY not Jim Tressel.

And guess what? You have made your opinion of the current staff plenty clear. You can stop forcing it down everyones throats and discuss the topics at hand.

Never said anything about firing him, because I don't see that happening, even if we go sub .500 next year. I'm just saying that we're going nowhere fast and each subpar season sets us back further.

Dynamite take Captain Obvious.

• Fire 2

Serious question: Do you have a framed picture of Les Miles on your night stand?

I'm not even a fan of Miles, but I'm willing to admit that he's what Nebraska needs right now.

Les Miles is what Nebraska needs right now? The same Les Miles that had access to some of the greatest recruits in the country, would get them to LSU and then do jack sh#t with them.

THAT'S what Nebraska needs right now?

• Fire 1

Serious question: Do you have a framed picture of Les Miles on your night stand?

I'm not even a fan of Miles, but I'm willing to admit that he's what Nebraska needs right now.
Les Miles is what Nebraska needs right now? The same Les Miles that had access to some of the greatest recruits in the country, would get them to LSU and then do jack sh#t with them.

I'm not saying he's who we need. But, he did win a national championship with some of those recruits, so he did do SOMEthing.

I wouldn't hire Miles. Dude underachieved.

You don't read very well. Who said anything about hiring Saban or Meyer? I already stated that Saban and Meyer aren't realistic options.

<< Trouble is. An Urban Meyer and a Nick Saban aren't going to take a job at Nebraska, so that doesn't really matter.>>

I disagree. Money talks. If you show that you're willing to pay big $ for a big name, there will be interest.

I threw out Miles and Kelly as examples. Will they be available after next season? No, and it wouldn't matter anyway because Eichorst will never fire Riley. I figure he'll finish close to .500 next year, be on the proverbial hot seat, and then ride out the rest of his contract, after which both he and Eichorst will proclaim, "We did a lot of positive things for he program." I'm just saying that it my opinion, that's the type of coach we need to target. And say what you want about Miles, but the guy won a national title and played for another, and was 5-6 all-time vs Nick Saban. If that's underachieving, I'll take it.

You said Landlord was wrong that Saban and Meyer wouldn't come here because money talks. Then you said you never said Saban and Meyer would come here.

Maybe just this once you could see how saying one thing, but then saying you mean something else is really not a good way to get people to listen to you?

Dude I know what I said; you're simply not comprehending what I said. I said that neither Saban nor Meyer would come here. However, I stated that there are plenty of other big names who would, for the right price. I then mentioned names such as Miles and Kelly and Tressel as examples. Not sure what you don't get.

Bottom line is we currently have the 38th ranked recruiting class, the worst I can remember. We'll be reaching just to finish the class, while other big name programs will have to turn guys away. I see players regressing, not progressing. Not sure why you continue to defend this garbage but that's your prerogative and I respect it. I just choose to respectfully disagree. I saw a lot of good football this year and Nebraska was nowhere close. Slow, soft, undisciplined, uninspired -- four words that will never describe a successful program.