The White Establishment

So who represents this so-called white establishment? Is it Trump, McConnell and Ryan; or is it Clinton, Schumer and Pelosi?

Is this a mystery? A quick glance at party platforms should reveal the answer.

Supporting social programs that target the minorities who disproportionately are in need of them, or gut the same?

So who represents this so-called white establishment? Is it Trump, McConnell and Ryan; or is it Clinton, Schumer and Pelosi?

You'd probably want to ask Bill O'Reilly, since it's his quote.

But maybe this will help

paul-ryan-i-1024.jpg

1117-mike-pence-selfie-twitter-8.jpg

Wow, those rooms look as white as a Democratic Senatorial Leadership meeting.

• Fire 1

Echo knapp & NM from the previous page, but I do think there are some good points there. It's not as if either party is a perfect champion for minorities. The Democrats in fact, are not above criticism. As recently as the 90s they endorsed Nixonian-era attitudes towards crime. And I completely believe there's still a wing of the party that is quite indifferent, if not hostile, to race issues.

Progressive movements in our nation's history tend to reach minorities last, if at all. Somewhat off topic but along the same lines, I read a recent interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates where he dryly made the observation that his book was now the one white people were reading to convince themselves they were allies. As far as deals go, you can make the case that it's a pretty raw choice, and that in all existing power structures white people are ensconced in an exclusive privilege.

But one party is way, way, way worse in their aims than the other. Their insistence to the contrary is meant largely to placate people who are indifferent to these issues to begin with. Or, I suppose, to feed on the truly cynical.

you know, before the republicans freed the slaves

The two parties have essentially swapped names since that time. You know this, right?

Well, here's a photo of democrat interns :dunno:

3672754300000578-0-image-a-13_1469053563

With an all white leadership and this photo of the interns, kind of looks like the power structure of the pre-civil war south; you know, before the republicans freed the slaves.

Again, the "White Establishment" phrase came from conservative carnival barker Bill O'Reilly. Not Rachel Maddow or Bill Maher.

And it is beyond disgusting for you to compare democratic interns to the horrors of slavery. Your party's standard bearer has the full ringing endorsement of the KKK. You are not the party of Lincoln.

And as Zoogs pointed out, political parties have switched names. This article sums it up pretty well.

http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/stories/3613/republicans-democrats-switch-platform

With an all white leadership and this photo of the interns, kind of looks like the power structure of the pre-civil war south; you know, before the republicans freed the slaves.

The only thing modern-day Republicanism has in common with the party that freed the slaves is the name.

Also, your viewpoint is pitiful and sad.

• Fire 2

Echo knapp & NM from the previous page, but I do think there are some good points there. It's not as if either party is a perfect champion for minorities. The Democrats in fact, are not above criticism. As recently as the 90s they endorsed Nixonian-era attitudes towards crime. And I completely believe there's still a wing of the party that is quite indifferent, if not hostile, to race issues.

Progressive movements in our nation's history tend to reach minorities last, if at all. Somewhat off topic but along the same lines, I read a recent interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates where he dryly made the observation that his book was now the one white people were reading to convince themselves they were allies. As far as deals go, you can make the case that it's a pretty raw choice, and that in all existing power structures white people are ensconced in an exclusive privilege.

But one party is way, way, way worse in their aims than the other. Their insistence to the contrary is meant largely to placate people who are indifferent to these issues to begin with. Or, I suppose, to feed on the truly cynical.

you know, before the republicans freed the slaves

The two parties have essentially swapped names since that time. You know this, right?

I know.

The original intent of my first post was to show how stupid Bill O'Reilly comments were (my attempt at humor obviously wasn't spectacular). From there, I was just trying to show that we should all be careful before throwing stones.

• Fire 1

Again, the "White Establishment" phrase came from conservative carnival barker Bill O'Reilly. Not Rachel Maddow or Bill Maher.

And it is beyond disgusting for you to compare democratic interns to the horrors of slavery. Your party's standard bearer has the full ringing endorsement of the KKK. You are not the party of Lincoln.

And as Zoogs pointed out, political parties have switched names. This article sums it up pretty well.

http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/stories/3613/republicans-democrats-switch-platform

Bill O'Reilly is not a conservative and my original post was meant to make fun of his comment. Although I disagree with her on just about everything, I listen to Rachel Maddow more than I do Bill O'Reilly.

Wasn't my intent to offend, but get tired of the whole, "liberals good", "conservatives racist"; and the Republican Party is not my party; I left it because they nominated Trump.

From there, I was just trying to show that we should all be careful before throwing stones.

I think you're certainly right about this. I just wasn't a fan of the particular arguments you brought up in support of it. If I'm understanding it correctly, those aren't ones you hold especially firmly either?

From there, I was just trying to show that we should all be careful before throwing stones.

I think you're certainly right about this. I just wasn't a fan of the particular arguments you brought up in support of it. If I'm understanding it correctly, those aren't ones you hold especially firmly either?

Did a pretty good job lobbing up some very silly stones for someone trying to show that we should be careful doing so.