The White Establishment

I can't believe now people should feel guilty because they have a nice road to drive on.

I love this reply for so many different reasons.

Because nobody said it or implied it and you make many similar posts? Except when you do it you pretend not to understand what people are saying. Seeing as BRB rarely does this I'm assuming that's not the case with him.

I can't believe now people should feel guilty because they have a nice road to drive on.

Because nobody said it or implied it and you make many similar posts? Except when you do it you pretend not to understand what people are saying. Seeing as BRB rarely does this I'm assuming that's not the case with him.

1. You might get a warning for your response, I hope not, but you might.

2. No, because it is clever, witty and funny. It is dry yet simple and it can be read in many different ways but still comes off as funny.

2. No, because it is clever, witty and funny. It is dry yet simple and it can be read in many different ways but still comes off as funny.

If you think #1 is a personal attack, you're an oversensitive weirdo.

This post might get a warning.

Heck no I don't think it s a personal attack, not at all, not even a little bit. I like your posts, all of them. I have never felt attacked.

I'm still trying to figure out how a road construction project is an example of racism and white privilege. There are plenty of city expenditures that aren't used by every citizen of the city.

To the bolded - exactly, you get it! FINALLY. Yet with some of these, people complain about laziness and using the system. Not so with stuff that only benefits people in the suburbs.

Also, delete the word racism from your post after you re-read the thousands of gd times I've said I'm not saying anything about racism.

But I still don't get how it's "white privilege" for making a big improvement to one of the main arteries of the city's road system. It's relieves traffic for the entire city, not just those living in West Omaha, near Dodge Street.

I'm still trying to figure out how a road construction project is an example of racism and white privilege. There are plenty of city expenditures that aren't used by every citizen of the city.

To the bolded - exactly, you get it! FINALLY. Yet with some of these, people complain about laziness and using the system. Not so with stuff that only benefits people in the suburbs.

Also, delete the word racism from your post after you re-read the thousands of gd times I've said I'm not saying anything about racism.

But I still don't get how it's "white privilege" for making a big improvement to one of the main arteries of the city's road system. It's relieves traffic for the entire city, not just those living in West Omaha, near Dodge Street.

That's fine if you don't. And you've said some things that are legit arguments. But I'm frustrated by people completely misinterpreting/misconstruing my words and being over defensive against accusations I didn't make.

• Fire 1

Heck no I don't think it s a personal attack, not at all, not even a little bit. I like your posts, all of them. I have never felt attacked.

My goodness.

I think Omaha should change its city slogan to "Omaha: our roads are so nice that it must be due to racism"
When people can't even start a dialogue about something like this without people being defensive and having wild imaginations when it comes to interpreting your words, it's a problem. How many motherf***ing times do I have to say I don't think it's racist before people quit saying this sh#t? I didn't peg you for a troll.

My beef is with the ignoramuses who complain about taxes going to poor/minorities.

Holy. f#*k.

You made me swear on Christmas!

I think the disconnect can be found at claiming the new road was evidence of white privilege simply because it was to the benefit of "more" white people. That road is for everyone from the pizza delivery boy to the investment banker; it is for people driving from North Omaha to low-income retail jobs out west. The road is a "privilege" to everyone that has a car and needs to drive on it.

Let me just say first off, I believe there is a such thing as white privilege. But, don't be surprised when claiming a project that is used by everyone is evidence of "white privilege" just because more whites use it than other races in a community that has a white majority faces some criticism. There are a lot of trees to bark at, I just don't believe this is one. If anything, the Dodge expressway helped people in dying neighborhoods find access to jobs in other parts of town. The Dodge Expressway is literally a "two-way" street.

P.S.: as a resident of "West Omaha", I can assure you non-white families are able to move out to the burbs with the use of Dodge Street. That said, we can have (and probably did) a discussion about how well they are received in these neighborhoods. White privilege is moving into a new house and the neighbors wanting to know what you "do" rather than "where you're from".

• Fire 1

^ +1

(Though I don't agree it's used by everyone, and definitely not in the same amounts - I've used it once since July).

Ha! I live in Elkhorn and I avoid it like the plague!

I don't like to go east of 192nd...

You are such a white elitist!!!

(That was a joke. Simmer down everyone)

Nah, just hate traffic.

^ +1

(Though I don't agree it's used by everyone, and definitely not in the same amounts - I've used it once since July).

Ha! I live in Elkhorn and I avoid it like the plague!

I don't like to go east of 192nd...

You are such a white elitist!!!

(That was a joke. Simmer down everyone)

Blood boiling