The White Establishment

To answer some of BRBs questions from way up above, O'Reilly is absolutely right about the electoral college. It was in fact an artifice created in service to an explicitly white establishment, particularly preserve the influence of slave states.

Times have changed of course and so has the landscape. But today too the college (not a straightforward consequence of his history, but not inescapable from it) serves to consolidate the power of white voters. America is today an extremely diverse country, but this is not equally reflected in every state. As the President is a president of the states and not of the people, national politicians necessarily does not (yet) quite reflect the diversity of the American people at large.

A threat to the EC is absolutely a threat to the white establishment. I read the Vox take on this and agree: the odd thing is that O'Reilly treats this unfortunate consequence of the EC as one of its sacrosanct features. That is unsettling.

Jesus Christ.

I highly recommend this.

But then how would I be entertained by his delusions and distortions of reality?

:afro:

Dude is either the greatest troll I've ever seen, or a highly disturbed individual.

Anyone remember or see his post about how Tanner Lee is improving his 40 time with super secret space age robotic technology? But according to 84 Tanner Lee's body is unfortunately rejecting it and is on pain medication.

Jesus Christ.

I highly recommend this.

But then how would I be entertained by his delusions and distortions of reality?

Dude is either the greatest troll I've ever seen, or a highly disturbed individual.

Anyone remember or see his post about how Tanner Lee is improving his 40 time with super secret space age robotic technology? But according to 84 Tanner Lee's body is unfortunately rejecting it and is on pain medication.

Why can't it be both?

Or, considering this board's penchant for painting with brushes the size of baseball bats, we could just simplify things and say 'Trump voter'?

:dunno

Jesus Christ.

I highly recommend this.

Why can't it be both?

Or, considering this board's penchant for painting with brushes the size of baseball bats, we could just simplify things and say 'Trump voter'?

:dunno

82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd.jpeg

• Fire 2

As diverse as HB's many and varied opinions are, painting the entire board with a broad-brush caricature is pretty ironic.

Ugh. Sorry, meant to say 'some on' this board's penchant. But I still mean/meant it tongue-in-cheek.

• Fire 1

Dudeguy, your post #28, made me think a little on the infighting issue you brought up and it makes me wonder how he might get things done because while they do control Congress, they do not have the 60 votes needed to break filibusters. I can see him obtaining more success in foreign policy, than I can in domestic policy!