Class Ranking Question

Come on, guys. Open your eyes. Neither of those two is coming here. It has nothing to do with "sunshine" or whatever you want to call it; it has to do with realism. There is zero buzz - none - about either of the two coming to Nebraska. To think otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Top three means nothing, zero, zilch. And I'm not saying that we miss on every guy we target. However, these two were specifically mentioned, and we will miss on both of them.

Come on, guys. Open your eyes. Neither of those two is coming here. It has nothing to do with "sunshine" or whatever you want to call it; it has to do with realism. There is zero buzz - none - about either of the two coming to Nebraska. To think otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Top three means nothing, zero, zilch. And I'm not saying that we miss on every guy we target. However, these two were specifically mentioned, and we will miss on both of them.

hey...since you can see the future...what are the next winning lotto numbers?

You specifically stated Riley doesn't have the ability to land players of this caliber. When in fact we had Matt Farinok(top 14 OT per 24/7) and Lamar Jackson (#5 S per 247) commit in late January and on signing day last year. Both of which had us in their top 3s.

• Fire 1

You specifically stated Riley doesn't have the ability to land players of this caliber. When in fact we had Matt Farinok(top 14 OT per 24/7) and Lamar Jackson (#5 S per 247) commit in late January and on signing day last year. Both of which had us in their top 3s.

Did you just laud the landing of a Top 14 prospect as high caliber? Hahahah, but that's just being subjective. 14 is a random number.

Did you just laud the landing of a Top 14 prospect as high caliber? Hahahah, but that's just being subjective. 14 is a random number.

Lol, in retrospect I just meant 14th overall and not an arbitrary "top 14". I realize the two aforementioned prospects are higher rated by 7-13 spots at OT, but Jackson was rated as #1 at S by rivals. So Riley has in fact landed prospects like this prior.

• Fire 1

hey...since you can see the future...what are the next winning lotto numbers?

Would you care to place a wager? How about if we land either of these guys, I'll pay you $500. If not, you pay me $500. Deal?

Yeah, he's landed a couple. But in order for us to be championship caliber, 4 and 5-stars need to be the norm, not the exception. When Riley was hired, we were told that with the resources at his disposal, recruiting would improve. Hasn't happened. Once again we'll end up reaching just to fill the class.

Time shall tell. I'm not overly confident going into the final months, but it's not like a linaty of reach offers have materialized yet.

Yeah, he's landed a couple. But in order for us to be championship caliber, 4 and 5-stars need to be the norm, not the exception. When Riley was hired, we were told that with the resources at his disposal, recruiting would improve. Hasn't happened. Once again we'll end up reaching just to fill the class.

Side note from a 3rd party, no dog in the fight guy.

Sentence two is exactly what I've been struggling to put into words. I will be using this wording.

Courtesy of recruiting analyst Bryan Munson:

---Foster Sarell: Minor miracle the Huskers are still in the discussion. Nebraska/Cav has done a fabulous job recruiting him. However, thinks he stays on the West Coast and its trending toward Stanford.

---Darney Holmes: Still some potential there for Nebraska. Although he is going to announce at the Army All-America Bowl he does not think its over until its over. With all of that being said he still sees him ending up in Westwood and the UCLA Bruins (me too).

---Jamire Calvin: Said he will be announcing at the Army All-America Bowl. He also told Munson today that he is not sure if he will take his scheduled visit to Miami on 14 January. He thinks that Calvin will commit to Nebraska. However, said he could take another visit in January (Texas). IF that happens it would fly in the face of Coach Riley's policy of no trips to other schools in January and could cost is his commitment.

---Tyler Shelvin: Will re-announce for LSU at the Army All-America Game. He stil plans to take his visits which he thinks is huge for the Huskers. However, he thinks he signs with LSU.

---Chuck Filiaga: Huskers have done a great job

recruiting him the last month and a half. Trending towards Michigan.

• Fire 1

A lot of fans are in denial, plain and simple. Funny thing is, back when I used to criticize Bo's classes, people told me I was being a Debbie Downer. Now suddenly Bo's classes were no good and he left the cupboard bare. Can't have it both ways.

No you are 100% right...Bo left Nebraska completely stocked with talent.

The depth we have at QB, OL, DT, DE, and LB completely prove this.

Come on, man!