Softest program in college football

Geeboo07

The biggest things I hate about is we have no attitude. Any time Barnett roughed up gates, and Fyfe he talked smack. And not one Husker was there to back them up. Any time our defense did any thing remotely excessive to them they had 2 guys running to their aid. It's that nasty we ain't gonna take your crap attitude I miss but again you can't teach it. You have to recruit it.

tough to talk sh#t and not look like a fool when you are getting manhandled like they did.

True but you don't have to back down lol

Damn millennials have ruined Husker football

• Fire 1

I haven't read this thread because, quite frankly, it was started right after our bowl game and I was avoiding the board during that time.

Anyway, pardon if this has been discussed.

I have been thinking about something ever since the season finished. I don't think this is a "Riley" issue because I have been noticing it long before he got here. To me, it's a systemic problem in the program and, quite frankly, it's the players that have to fix it.

But, every year, in the first 4-5 games, we see pretty good technique in many areas. Tackling, TA's passing....etc. Those are just a couple examples and the list is longer than those. But, as we get into the second part of the season, I see technique issues raise their ugly head.

A prime example of this is in the bowl game, Kalu went for a tackle where he would have had the guy stuck for very little gain if he would have wrapped up. But, he goes for the legs and just tries to trip him up. The guy hurdles him and goes for another 10 yards and a first down. Now, early in the season, we would not have seen that. To me, it's not a talent issue because Kalu was in the right place at the right time to make the tackle and we have seen him do it before. He just didn't pay attention to proper technique and it allowed the opposition to beat him.

Another example is basically the entire Iowa game on defense. They are not more talented than us and we played teams earlier in the year just as talented and beat them. But, due to lack of technique and sound play, we allowed Iowa to run all over us late in the year.

Why is this?

I heard a rumor after the Iowa game that I didn't post on here. But, now that the season is over and looking back at the last two games, I'm starting to believe it. I was told that before the Iowa game, the coaches told the players they were going full pads for a practice they normally didn't do that for. The coaches wanted to have a tough practice getting them ready. The players did nothing but complain about it while getting ready for practice. They just didn't want to do it.

Well....the play in the last two games makes me believe that was true. That's how they played.

Then, after the game I read where players were talking about working hard in the off season to make sure they get better.

What is it going to take get these players to be able to play an entire season?

I haven't read this thread because, quite frankly, it was started right after our bowl game and I was avoiding the board during that time.

I have been thinking about something ever since the season finished. I don't think this is a "Riley" issue because I have been noticing it long before he got here. To me, it's a systemic problem in the program and, quite frankly, it's the players that have to fix it.

But, every year, in the first 4-5 games, we see pretty good technique in many areas. Tackling, TA's passing....etc. Those are just a couple examples and the list is longer than those. But, as we get into the second part of the season, I see technique issues raise their ugly head.

A prime example of this is in the bowl game, Kalu went for a tackle where he would have had the guy stuck for very little gain if he would have wrapped up. But, he goes for the legs and just tries to trip him up. The guy hurdles him and goes for another 10 yards and a first down. Now, early in the season, we would not have seen that. To me, it's not a talent issue because Kalu was in the right place at the right time to make the tackle and we have seen him do it before. He just didn't pay attention to proper technique and it allowed the opposition to beat him.

Another example is basically the entire Iowa game on defense. They are not more talented than us and we played teams earlier in the year just as talented and beat them. But, due to lack of technique and sound play, we allowed Iowa to run all over us late in the year.

Why is this?

I heard a rumor after the Iowa game that I didn't post on here. But, now that the season is over and looking back at the last two games, I'm starting to believe it. I was told that before the Iowa game, the coaches told the players they were going full pads for a practice they normally didn't do that for. The coaches wanted to have a tough practice getting them ready. The players did nothing but complain about it while getting ready for practice. They just didn't want to do it.

Well....the play in the last two games makes me believe that was true. That's how they played.

Then, after the game I read where players were talking about working hard in the off season to make sure they get better.

If the rumor about the Iowa game practices is true it's very concerning. Only way to fix it is the break them and build them back up. Which I would inform them starts tomorrow. With very physical practices from here on out.

Why is this?

If the rumor about the Iowa game practices is true it's very concerning. Only way to fix it is the break them and build them back up. Which I would inform them starts tomorrow. With very physical practices from here on out.

Again, it was heard second hand so I'm not claiming it's definitely true and that's why I didn't post it originally. But, have to say Banker's remarks after the Iowa game about "their practices must be a blood bath" made me think about what I had heard. He very well may have been sending a message back to the team.

I think millenials are just fine as far as finding their greatness. Millenials are more for marriage/racial/economic equality, are giving the peace corps record numbers, are america's most civic-minded generation since the 30's, the most educated, they created facebook/twitter/instagram/etc., they fix your computers, they build your smart phone apps, and they also probably get your coffee and wait your table. They're just fine.

• Fire 3

I find it humorous that people love to complain about millennials, particularly those in their 50s or 60s, while conveniently ignoring the fact that they raised millennials. That probably didn't play a significant factor though. :laughpound

I digress. I just wanted to call attention to something irritating in the first few posts of this thread, and it's probably already been discussed. How about we avoid calling the Pac 12 soft or insulting their playstyle when several of those teams are tougher than Nebraska. I'd put Stanford up there with some of the most physical teams in the country and Washington plays some pretty tough football, too. And the mid-2000's USC squads were pretty damn tough.

I think it'd also be pretty cool if we stopped suggesting our players were "p*****s."

• Fire 3

So, the Nebraska team that took Wisconsin to the wire and matched them blow for blow is not the same team that played Iowa?

So, the Nebraska team that took Wisconsin to the wire and matched them blow for blow is not the same team that played Iowa?

They sure didn't look the same.

• Fire 1