Softest program in college football

Geeboo07

Do other teams look the same in every game? Is that a phenomenon that Nebraska uniquely lacks?

Let me put it this way, if we had played in the Iowa game the way we played in the Wisconsin game, we very well could have won the game. I view Iowa and Wisconsin on the same level as far as talent. But, our success in the two games were very very different.

My point is some fans jump on the "toughness" train plowing full-steam ahead but they ignore the data points they find inconvenient.

Nebraska goes on the road, takes Wisconsin into OT, looks physical/tough, matches Wisconsin's effort and loses a tight game. Few question their toughness.

Nebraska goes on the road, gets essentially blown out by Iowa, plays poorly, gets pushed around and looks pretty rough. Many start questioning toughness.

So, did Nebraska just forget how to be tough? What are we really trying to say here? This is what I think it sounds like - "I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm going to latch onto an intangible element of the game because I'm pissed."

My point is some fans jump on the "toughness" train plowing full-steam ahead but they ignore the data points they find inconvenient.

Nebraska goes on the road, takes Wisconsin into OT, looks physical/tough, matches Wisconsin's effort and loses a tight game. Few question their toughness.

Nebraska goes on the road, gets essentially blown out by Iowa, plays poorly, gets pushed around and looks pretty rough. Many start questioning toughness.

So, did Nebraska just forget how to be tough? What are we really trying to say here? This is what I think it sounds like - "I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'm going to latch onto an intangible element of the game because I'm pissed."

And, that's the point of many of my comments the last few days. Why the disparity between the two games?

Offensively we can blame some on Wisconsin game had a healthy TA and Iowa didn't. I'm baffled why defensively we were so different.

• Fire 1

All of this tradition, facilities, high tech super analytical weight room, blah, blah, blah. None of this matters when your program is soft. Old school needs to become the new school. Give me an old weight room with rusty metal, chalk, no air conditioning and I would forge some tuff strong mothers with old school strength that would eat lightening and crap thunder. That is what NU needs.

All that stuff sounds good, but here's the thing, none of it matters.

We can bring the old school back, do things the "Nebraska way", but that's only part of the puzzle.

We need a coach that has that killer instinct, and doesn't look like he's muddling his way through things. The guy that has the job now, doesn't have that.

A coach who will go straight Conan on them, "Crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of the women".

I just don't know where that coach is, and if I did, I'd be getting in the ride to get him and bring his ass to Lincoln.

All of this tradition, facilities, high tech super analytical weight room, blah, blah, blah. None of this matters when your program is soft. Old school needs to become the new school. Give me an old weight room with rusty metal, chalk, no air conditioning and I would forge some tuff strong mothers with old school strength that would eat lightening and crap thunder. That is what NU needs.

We can bring the old school back, do things the "Nebraska way", but that's only part of the puzzle.

We need a coach that has that killer instinct, and doesn't look like he's muddling his way through things. The guy that has the job now, doesn't have that.

A coach who will go straight Conan on them, "Crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of the women".

I just don't know where that coach is, and if I did, I'd be getting in the ride to get him and bring his ass to Lincoln.

two different types of coaches, more technical and scheme driven, then those who try to impose their will on their opponents, telegraph their plays and dare the other team to stop them.

a guy in the middle is usually one who succeeds. ....a mixture of damn good assistants is critical as well.

• Fire 1

two different types of coaches, more technical and scheme driven, then those who try to impose their will on their opponents, telegraph their plays and dare the other team to stop them.

a guy in the middle is usually one who succeeds. ....a mixture of damn good assistants is critical as well.

And I think we're still searching for that guy...