Softest program in college football

Geeboo07

We had a soft chancellor, who hired a soft AD, who hired a soft coach with a soft style who brought in a soft staff.

This should not be a surprise to anyone who knows.

At the very least you're predictable. :facepalm:

If you don't mind my interruption of the pity party, much thanks to Ryker Fyfe, Brandon R., Alonzo Moore and all the other seniors who did their best and fought. Missed the softness there but I'm confident you will find a way to inject it.

Nate G., live with yourself. You gave your teammates the middle finger when they needed you most.

Too bad that the current admin/staff had no repercussions for truant players.

No argument here. If he was not attending classes most the semester the coaches deserve some of the blame. But ya know what, NG is a grown-ass man who knew what he was doing. Most of the blame goes on his head.

• Fire 2

We had a soft chancellor, who hired a soft AD, who hired a soft coach with a soft style who brought in a soft staff.

Really? We need a hardcore Chancellor who will, at academic meetings, head butt other school's Chancellors and/or swear at them?

Did I say that?

The softness flowed from the top. Not sure what Green is like, but hopefully the next AD isn't as soft as the former coach described.

Oh please. Read your friggin' post. The implication was clear and if you want to walk it back now at least be a man about it.

• Fire 1

Really? We need a hardcore Chancellor who will, at academic meetings, head butt other school's Chancellors and/or swear at them?

Did I say that?

The softness flowed from the top. Not sure what Green is like, but hopefully the next AD isn't as soft as the former coach described.

Oh please. Read your friggin' post. The implication was clear and if you want to walk it back now at least be a man about it.

Huh? Did you misunderstand what I said?

I think I've been clear that the previous chancellor, the current AD, and the current coach is soft.

I'm hoping that the current chancellor and the next AD are not as soft.

The biggest things I hate about is we have no attitude. Any time Barnett roughed up gates, and Fyfe he talked smack. And not one Husker was there to back them up. Any time our defense did any thing remotely excessive to them they had 2 guys running to their aid. It's that nasty we ain't gonna take your crap attitude I miss but again you can't teach it. You have to recruit it.

• Fire 1

The biggest things I hate about is we have no attitude. Any time Barnett roughed up gates, and Fyfe he talked smack. And not one Husker was there to back them up. Any time our defense did any thing remotely excessive to them they had 2 guys running to their aid. It's that nasty we ain't gonna take your crap attitude I miss but again you can't teach it. You have to recruit it.

tough to talk sh#t and not look like a fool when you are getting manhandled like they did.

tough to talk sh#t and not look like a fool when you are getting manhandled like they did.

True but you don't have to back down lol

I wish they would actually power lift. Look at Gates. Then go look at game pics of Stai, Zatechka, Weigert.

Corey Raymond took a lot of heat for this simple comment that rang true then and does more so today.... "Look at them and look at us". Look at FSU and UM now. The reels of Clemson and OSU. Bama, etc...Those teams pass they eyeball test. Their players look like power 5 FBS players. They look like you'd expect a top 10 team to look. NU? In some positions yes, but in the trenches, where games are won we do not......

• Fire 3

Tennessee Defensive End Derek Barnett (no 9) played tough.

I wont get that number out of my head for a while.

Every time the broadcast replayed No 9 rushing our quarterback... I had visions our future.

And none of them good. A QB, who expected to be a pocket passer who is probably less mobile than we are used to, behind a line that I honestly have no idea how they will improve....... And if the young guys were so good, full of fire, blah, blah blah, why the hell were they riding the pine behind walk-ons. The whole "building for the future" is BS. You ant to win? You win now. You want to prepare for the future? develop your guys. Recruit guys who don't need to be developed......

The easiest way to get talent? Win. Don't get your a$$ handed to you year after year after year.