What I want to see next year...

^ Several people have replied to them and you have responded back saying they are all misinterpreting what you're saying. Maybe you could learn to use language better?

Explained it quite well for everyone. I was purposely vague in the original post (also stated this in the clarification). Intended it to be thought provoking. It worked if everyone is replying.

If your post was meant to be thought provoking, why are you in turn yelling at everyone for giving their thoughts? And if they're not giving the thoughts you want, how is your post successful?
  • Fire 2

So, what did you mean then?

Exactly what I said. Here's the gist:

I said nothing about the coaches being all knowing or us not being allowed to critique them.

I said nothing about conference titles or win totals

I said the coaches who've been coaching for a decade or more and get paid to do it are more knowledgeable than most of us here (99.9% of us I'd say)

I said that we as fans should support the coaches we have, not the coaches we don't have.

I said that we as fans should support the team we have, not the team we don't have

I said all this because there is a constant and incessant barrage of posts on this board that tear down the coaches, players, and subsequently, the football program in general. I mean, there was an entire thread about how we need to get rid of the blackshirts because we've not had (and some inferred won't have) a blackshirt worthy defense. Asinine idea in my opinion...especially after it's been only a singe year with someone who understands the tradition as a coach. These are the types of posts that need to gtfo.

It's easy to be a fan when we're firing on all cylinders and winning all the time.

It's hard to be a fan when we're not.

I don't cook professionally, but I know when something tastes good. I don't coach professionally either, but I know good coaching when I see it. I know what a good team looks like. I know what good offense and defense looks like. I haven't seen much of it from the current coaching staff, but I'm told, that's only because Riley was using Bo's players, who are not talented enough. Next year, it will be because there are too many young players on the field (and a new QB), and we just need to give them more time to develop. 2018, it'll be that the schedule was too difficult.

I don't claim to know more about football than the head coach or coordinators (I don't think anyone here is claiming that), but I know good offense and defense when I see it. The last two years I have not seen it, and honestly, I think after two decades, maybe fans are just tired of excuses? I know I am.

The sole purpose of these people shouting gtfo and stfu is to STOP discussion of Nebraska football.

That's always been their purpose.

Stopping discussion stops responsibility and accountability... that's what they want.

Stopping discussion not only stops accountability... it's also is really bad for the business of the Nebraska football chat board industry. Lately, there's been a lot of long time fans who have come out and started commenting again. People need to vent and get their frustrations out. Nebraska football chat boards are the perfect place and would seem the natural place to vent and discuss the state of the program. It's the perfect time to encourage long time fans to start commenting and get involved again. But these people want to stop all this.

Bravo to Igetbored216 and all those who have taken on and challenged this person's poisonous comments.

Exactly^

• Fire 1

^ Several people have replied to them and you have responded back saying they are all misinterpreting what you're saying. Maybe you could learn to use language better?

Explained it quite well for everyone. I was purposely vague in the original post (also stated this in the clarification). Intended it to be thought provoking. It worked if everyone is replying.

If your post was meant to be thought provoking, why are you in turn yelling at everyone for giving their thoughts? And if they're not giving the thoughts you want, how is your post successful?
I'd like to hear his response to this.

Verbatim, what I want to see next year:

A close game on the road vs Oregon and at home against Ohio State. W I N S against Wisconsin and Iowa.

If that doesn't happen in 2017 the season will be a failure.

LOL dude we'll be lucky to finish .500 next year

Think you said the same thing about this year so...

A close game on the road vs Oregon and at home against Ohio State. W I N S against Wisconsin and Iowa.

Which banned poster are you again? It's hard to keep track.

Which banned poster are you again? It's hard to keep track.

He goes by many names...