What I want to see next year...

I'd like to see better line play. On both sides of the ball, but especially offense. And I think we will be better. We keep our best two O-linemen, Gates and Farmer, and have several guys coming off their redshirt season who might--MIGHT--be able to help out.

I'd like to see better line play. On both sides of the ball, but especially offense. And I think we will be better. We keep our best two O-linemen, Gates and Farmer, and have several guys coming off their redshirt season who might--MIGHT--be able to help out.

Could be a young but solid OL

Yeah, but still an o-line with limited experience and protecting a statue QB.

Tommy was just never meant to be a passing QB, he hit his ceiling from the first time he became starter.

Really because last time I checked he's statistically better than any QB in program history. So if that was his ceiling, then I would say his career was an overall success.

It also took him 4 years to accomplish that so...

Finish this recruiting class and find atleast 10 offensive linemen who are better than average in the Big Ten and actually play through the season. By year three, we just should have no more excuses that we lack 'depth'. If our offensive line is not winning or holding their own at the line of scrimmage, then we substitute in other guys from the seconds, thirds and or fourths until we either find a better offensive line or we are getting much needed learning so that the future will not be hopeless. We should have been doing this in years one and two under Riley but I don't feel we ever did. You have to build the team starting in the trenches and if they are not good enough, play the youngest and they might get better and certainly will get more experience. If you are not ready for prime time play by the end of your 3rd season in the program, then you will not be needed. Your scholarship is to be earned on some basic level. If not, let the youngsters play and learn.

#RecruitSomeDEs

Yeah, what's up with DE? We used to always have at least one great DE on the team. We've had quite a few All Conf DEs over the years. Wistrom, Vandenbosch, Randy Gregory, Trev Alberts (OLB). But lately, not so much.

I think for next year AD needs to develop a short list right now of game changer head coaches. We need to quietly start reaching out through third parties to guage interest and discuss details. The candidate needs to be committed to excellence, and realize that NU is a unique situation. We need also a top notch D coordinator.

Time for a change.

Burn the playbook for the running game.

Incorporate a new running style similar to, oh I don't know, the countless teams that utilize speed of their RB's to the outside? And occasionally take it inside.

A pass rush that when you send them and the opponent senses it, actually brings down the QB (looking at you DE's)

Big Ten linebackers (All the really good teams in the league have these set of guys that can do it all. It's a group of hard nose hitters and speed guys that just make plays)

A Big Ten OLINE (take a look around, it's easy to see)

A really good quarterback that is consistent from start to finish on Saturdays. Where's our All-American guy? Not literally, but a QB that gets the job done well and is one of the best in league.

Some play action and misdirection wouldn't hurt.

Speed. Not saying everywhere, but definitely where it's always needed (and obvious)

Points. Not necessary a shootout caliber team, but be dangerous enough that the league knows it will be a hard task to keep this offense under 35-40 to have a chance.

I mean, we are in the BIG. The blueprint for this league is there. Why not just do what the great teams do, but just do it as good, if not better?

• Fire 1