OWH: Riley Faces Difficult Choices with Husker Offense

Mavric

Do people forget that TM completed like 63% of his passes...Yet NU still couldn't win the conference. What magical freaking # do the PP lovers want? I mean, you are not getting much higher than 70%...

It's the 2004/2005 mindset all over again.

"Oh, just you wait until Coach Callahan gets his guys in here, then the offense will be humming."

It's fools gold.

• Fire 2

Do people forget that TM completed like 63% of his passes...Yet NU still couldn't win the conference. What magical freaking # do the PP lovers want? I mean, you are not getting much higher than 70%...

"Oh, just you wait until Coach Callahan gets his guys in here, then the offense will be humming."

It's fools gold.

This

It's fools gold.

I agree...

The mindset should be this: "Oh snap...a top 15 CFB just came on the market with NO OTHER competition that we know of...Here Chip Kelly, here is your contract"

He proved that he could win without crazy high talent rankings but he was still able to recruit pretty well and he knows WTF he wants to do on offense.

Look what Taggert just did...took the Ducks job and right away went and hired the best DC he could...SHOCKER

But, in the end...I will start getting pumped with with the headlines that start in the spring...I will start buying in again...I will take that fools gold to the pawn shop...only to be laughed at again.

• Fire 2

TM's 62% completion rate on the year (2012) had less to do with the CCG than his 51% on the night we played Wisconsin. (Or were you talking about 2013 when we didn't even make it to Indy?)

TM's 62% completion rate on the year (2012) had less to do with the CCG than his 51% on the night we played Wisconsin.

62% Thanks!

Now...51% sucks, no doubt...how many yards rushing did he have that game? I have no idea if that was when he was banged up or not.

If PP has an "off" night AND he can't run...well...that just sucks. We saw that with TM and TA later on when they were dinged up.

It's fools gold.

Thank You

• Fire 1

It's fools gold.

Thank You

It's a psychological fact that people tend to "want the unknown" and they think that the "opposite will be better". NU has been a mobile QB, spread offense that utilizes the QB run game the past 7 years, with varying degrees of success.

So naturally, a lot of NU fans are wanting to go with the opposite and have a pocket QB and full West Coast Offense type for the Huskers. It's not because that they think that that type of offense is the best offenses, it's just that it would be different for NU, so hopefully better.

• Fire 1

It's fools gold.

I agree...

The mindset should be this: "Oh snap...a top 15 CFB just came on the market with NO OTHER competition that we know of...Here Chip Kelly, here is your contract"

He proved that he could win without crazy high talent rankings but he was still able to recruit pretty well and he knows WTF he wants to do on offense.

Look what Taggert just did...took the Ducks job and right away went and hired the best DC he could...SHOCKER

But, in the end...I will start getting pumped with with the headlines that start in the spring...I will start buying in again...I will take that fools gold to the pawn shop...only to be laughed at again.

remember when coach O wanted to come here??? that was my first wtf are you doing Mike Riley moment.I like Riley but some of his staff choices are mind boggling,on why you would bring known average coaches who haven't done much on your last "adventure" at a big name place like Nebraska where winning isn't an option,

Riley said when he came here it was his last ride. So he either wants to get serious or he doesn't. Banker needs to go and if Langsdorf can't do anything better next year on offense he needs to go after that. Unwillingness to see the problems, say they're problems and then change those problems get you fired at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

The issues during 2012 were not necessarily TMs completion percentage of 62%. The issues were the 35 turnovers.

I believe they noted in the bowl game that we have only had one turnover in the last 16 quarters. That was an an amazing stat to me. The problem is it was combined with a 48% completion percentage. By comparison, in 2012, we would have had 10 turnovers in those 4 games.

Meanwhile, Tennessee had the same number of turnovers but a 60% completion percentage.

People probably look at Tennessee's offense and liked it. But, we only passed it 4 more times than them and we were playing from behind.

Poopooing the difference between 48% and 60% is ignoring facts about football.

And....none of this even starts to mention that a large reason for our last two losses was on the other side of the ball.

It's fools gold.

I agree...

remember when coach O wanted to come here??? that was my first wtf are you doing Mike Riley moment.I like Riley but some of his staff choices are mind boggling,on why you would bring known average coaches who haven't done much on your last "adventure" at a big name place like Nebraska where winning isn't an option,

Uggg, yes I remember! Some reporter asked Riley about it and Riley stood there like "Oh, well, that is nice to know"

He should have said "Excuse me..." pulled out his flip-phone (I am assuming he uses a flip-phone) and called Ed right then and there.

It's fools gold.

Thank You

It's a psychological fact that people tend to "want the unknown" and they think that the "opposite will be better". NU has been a mobile QB, spread offense that utilizes the QB run game the past 7 years, with varying degrees of success.

So naturally, a lot of NU fans are wanting to go with the opposite and have a pocket QB and full West Coast Offense type for the Huskers. It's not because that they think that that type of offense is the best offenses, it's just that it would be different for NU, so hopefully better.

We have a tradition at our house of having a large crowd of football fans come over to watch the games on Saturday.

I haven't talked to a single Nebraska fan who said they wanted that.

It's fools gold.

Thank You

We have a tradition at our house of having a large crowd of football fans come over to watch the games on Saturday.

I've seen numerous posts on here saying that "we've seen the mobile QB thing here the past few years, so I am ready to see something else".

It's fools gold.

Thank You

I see all the time on message boards...It is weird though because I don't hear it a lot from people face to face.