The Trump presser fiasco

If your hand is right there, why not just open one? Almost seems like she/he was trying to stir things up.... Then of course, it is Trump, so they could be blank.

This is a legit question and along with BRB's post, is exactly why we shouldn't take this as proof of anything. We don't SEE the papers, so we don't KNOW they're blank. Skepticism is a good thing.

That said, it's a woman's hand in the picture. Click the tweet, it'll take you to Twitter. Click the pics to embiggen them. The person whose hand is on the paper is wearing a skirt and a black sweater.

Thanks BRB.

The security begs a question. If the contents of the files are so important why would you risk bringing them out in public to be "guarded". I have zero doubt they were blank and just a part of Donnie's show. Like when he had steaks, water, college etc. piled into his other press conferences in the past. It's a signature move.

I can't wait until he does that at an international conference ... has one of his aids roll in carts of folders and then stay at the meeting to clap and ""Whoo" overtime Donnie speaks.

• Fire 1

Trump: I won.

Nothing along these lines has happened for two reasons. First, congressional Republicans seem to have uniformly reached the conclusion that the political costs of fighting with Trump exceed the political risk that they will end up being dragged down by his corruption when scandal erupts. Second, congressional Republicans seem to have universally reached the moral judgment that preventing the wholesale corruption of the federal government isnt particularly important in the grand scheme of things.

God...if the second point is true, then Trump voters will have significantly harmed the country, most likely irrevocably, until it collapses.

And with all of this going on and Trump staying in power...I wonder if we'll see if this will help the West Coast exit folks gain steam.

If California secedes the rest of us are doomed to this version of the US for a long, long time.

Thanks BRB.

The security begs a question. If the contents of the files are so important why would you risk bringing them out in public to be "guarded". I have zero doubt they were blank and just a part of Donnie's show. Like when he had steaks, water, college etc. piled into his other press conferences in the past. It's a signature move.

I can't wait until he does that at an international conference ... has one of his aids roll in carts of folders and then stay at the meeting to clap and ""Whoo" overtime Donnie speaks.

That crossed my mind as well. If I had legal documents, I sure as hell wouldn't cart them into a room full of strangers/reporters just to show off a bunch of folders.

It's just one more example of this idiot being a total fraud.