Kintner in hot water again

I think elected officials should have a higher standard of conduct than the people they represent.

Based on this I can understand why you didn't vote for Trump. But then, how did you bring yourself to vote for Hillary? :lol:

• Fire 2

Not a "strawman". I will assume you, like any normal person, would feel it would be entirely inappropriate of a teacher to talk like this. Why? Because the position of teacher requires a certain level of tact. It would be well within the teacher's First Amendment rights, but absolutely disgusting.

Then we're in agreement! The very first thing I wrote above was "Bill Kintner put his foot in his mouth by retweeting the joke made at the protesters' expense. He's a piss poor politician if he can't filter his remarks."

What I really wondered about in the post above is just what sort of reaction were these ladies looking for? Their indignation over the tweet reaction seems a bit contrived to me.

I think elected officials should have a higher standard of conduct than the people they represent.

Based on this I can understand why you didn't vote for Trump. But then, how did you bring yourself to vote for Hillary? :lol:

You asked this question, or read others asking this question and the answer I gave every time, throughout the buildup to Election Day. You know the answer, but here it is again:

I voted for Hillary not because she was a good candidate, but because I can recognize that there are levels of bad, and Hillary's bad is less bad than Trump's. Hillary is another politician, the likes of which we've seen for a couple hundred years. Trump is something different, the closest thing to a totalitarianist that we've had in a president.

• Fire 1

You asked this question, or read others asking this question and the answer I gave every time, throughout the buildup to Election Day. You know the answer, but here it is again:

I voted for Hillary not because she was a good candidate, but because I can recognize that there are levels of bad, and Hillary's bad is less bad than Trump's. Hillary is another politician, the likes of which we've seen for a couple hundred years. Trump is something different, the closest thing to a totalitarianist that we've had in a president.

I don't think I asked you about this. (If I did, I've forgotten. lol) And I don't often venture into the scary and annoying part of HB known and the P&R forum. So I didn't see your explanation for voting for Hillary. But it makes sense.

In fact, I think sometimes the best politicians are just a little bit crooked. Or rather, sometimes a politician who is completely honest may not be the most effective person for the job. Take Jimmy Carter for instance. He is arguably the most honest President we've ever had. And one of the most intelligent people to hold that office as well. But few would claim that Carter was among the best presidents we've had.

• Fire 2

Even if they were protesting at the inauguration, which they were not, they were being ridiculed for their looks. This is not only a disgusting thing to direct at these women personally, it (and its acceptance) reinforces a demeaning reduction of a women's value to her sexual desirability.

Further, what they were specifically protesting was Trump's stated and complete disregard for consent, and the defense of a culture that permits sexual assault that has come with it.

Yes, you are free to criticize or support criticism (or even ridicule) of them. Just know what it is you are supporting when you do so.

It took a retweet for this to happen? Not misusing state property for sexually deviant and immoral acts? A retweet?

I think it more or less refreshed what happened last year and some of the other controversies Kintner has caused over the years. Chambers had been calling for the legislative body to do something as recent as last week, before this whole retweet issue.

And more good news, not only are senators calling for him to step down, but a resolution could be prepared by Wednesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/12/05/trump-sells-his-stake-in-dakota-access-pipeline-developer.html?client=ms-android-verizon

Donald Trump has sold his entire stake in Energy Transfer Partners, the company overseeing construction of the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline, a Trump spokeswoman told NBC News.

I'm sure he did, just like he divested himself from his companies and was going to produce his tax returns.

Which family member did he sell his stock to? Or did Tonald Drump buy them from him?

I'm hearing it's a totally different guy named Drumpf

EDIT - here's the statement. Sticking to his guns, blaming everyone else.

Kintner released the following statement:

“I understand my colleagues’ concern about the retweet I sent this weekend. I am very troubled by the liberal activist campaign that is using my mistake on the tweet to escalate calls for my resignation.

Let’s be clear: If Ernie Chambers didn’t have me to beat up, he would be taking up floor time on some other issue. It has been clear that Chambers’ agenda has been to remove me from office since last summer. He has made it obvious that he will use any means, including lies and cheap shots at my wife and myself.

I have made no decision as to my future plans as a senator.”

• Fire 1

“I understand my colleagues’ concern about the retweet I sent this weekend. I am very troubled by the liberal activist campaign that is using my mistake on the tweet to escalate calls for my resignation.

Let’s be clear: If Ernie Chambers didn’t have me to beat up, he would be taking up floor time on some other issue. It has been clear that Chambers’ agenda has been to remove me from office since last summer. He has made it obvious that he will use any means, including lies and cheap shots at my wife and myself.

Not taking any personal responsibility or ownership for his actions. He is a shameful excuse of a man.

Ummm... Isn't that kind of what Chambers is supposed to do? :huh: