Trump Foreign Policy

I think Trump has a list somewhere of all of Obama's actions as a president. He is simply going down the checklist, marking off every action that he either does the opposite, or literally undoes the action. The press should have picked up on this predictable pattern already, so they can get the story before it happens. I wonder if it is chronological or alphabetical?

I also wonder when he will get around to rescinding the purple hearts Obama gave out. I'm sure Trump can find much better candidates to give them to.

160802115707-donald-trump-purple-heart-r

• Fire 1

I think Trump has a list somewhere of all of Obama's actions as a president. He is simply going down the checklist, marking off every action that he either does the opposite, or literally undoes the action. The press should have picked up on this predictable pattern already, so they can get the story before it happens. I wonder if it is chronological or alphabetical?

I also wonder when he will get around to rescinding the purple hearts Obama gave out. I'm sure Trump can find much better candidates to give them to.

160802115707-donald-trump-purple-heart-r

He's always wanted purple hearts. He'll just keep them. It's easier to get them that way.

• Fire 1

His father came out after his release and gave credit to Trump for getting him released.

This sure seems like a signal sent to the US by NK. They send a kid back to the US that is close to certain death? That doesn't seem like a victory for Trump to me.

What will Trump's response be?

Saw that his father said Obama should have done more.

I know this is cold and Warmbier was an adult but maybe his parents should have tried harder to stop him from going to North Korea. We can't save every American who decides to visit dictatorland.

I'd be pissed at Obama too if he told my family to lay low so that we don't anger the North Koreans, and he never got my son back.

I know this is cold and Warmbier was an adult but maybe his parents should have tried harder to stop him from going to North Korea. We can't save every American who decides to visit dictatorland.

I'd be pissed at Obama too if he told my family to lay low so that we don't anger the North Koreans, and he never got my son back.

But...boy.....Trump sure did a bang up job of it.

Ok. Let's all take trips to North Korea and Syria and then get mad that Trump doesn't personally parachute in and save us.

• Fire 1

I don’t understand. Of course his parents are going to be upset.

Who’s at fault, though? This kind of work spans administrations, for one. Secondly, Warmbier wasn’t released until he had to be medically evacuated. Lastly, previous US citizens have been released from North Korea under past administrations and there continue to be Americans detained or sentenced there. Why, oh why, does anyone go? Once you’re detained, getting you back is not an easy or timely thing that can be accomplished.

Did Warmbier family raise their public profile of this case in recent weeks? Did that lead to his release? What in the world is the point of politicizing such a scenario except to try and legitimize the current President? Yes, his administration will do things that normal administrations do, but he's exceedingly abnormal in his regard for rule of law. We should never let our outrage at this to be so cheaply blunted.

Ok. Let's all take trips to North Korea and Syria and then get mad that Trump doesn't personally parachute in and save us.

I view people who do this and end up in trouble the same way I view someone who tries to clime Mount Everest and dies. Meh....you chose what you wanted to do for excitement and knew the dangers.

The US government isn't here to pull your ass out of every trouble you get into around the world especially when you know full well what the dangers are when you choose to do something.

• Fire 6

Remember those US compounds that Obama kicked the Russians out of and Trump predictably handed back to them? You'll never guess what we found in their after they left...

Material useful to Russia probe destroyed in US compounds: report

When the U.S. seized Russian compounds located in Maryland and New York last year, officials discovered destroyed information inside that would have been useful in the ongoing probe regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The discovery raises the likelihood that Russians were conducting illegal intelligence operations on U.S. soil.
Among the destroyed materials discovered at the compounds were antennas, electronics, computers, file cabinets and other gear, according to CBS News in a Friday report.

Remember those US compounds that Obama kicked the Russians out of and Trump predictably handed back to them? You'll never guess what we found in their after they left...

Material useful to Russia probe destroyed in US compounds: report

When the U.S. seized Russian compounds located in Maryland and New York last year, officials discovered destroyed information inside that would have been useful in the ongoing probe regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The discovery raises the likelihood that Russians were conducting illegal intelligence operations on U.S. soil.
Among the destroyed materials discovered at the compounds were antennas, electronics, computers, file cabinets and other gear, according to CBS News in a Friday report.

Fake news.